Cala Font Hotel
  • Beachfront
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewscap salouhalf boardsandy covesea viewsmall beachbeach barlovely hotelsaladthe hotel shopla pinedapool areareception staffbus servicesalou townlifeguard on dutylast minute dealwalls are very thin
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from the 13 th to the 20th of may me and my husbands first holliday without our children for 20 years absolutely fantastic hotel with beautiful surroundings food lovely always found something to eat all in.all great value for money we will be returning next year with our children can't wait

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank andjack
Reviewed 9 December 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent. On Cap Salou you feel like it is secluded but you are only a 25 min walk from the carnage of the two main towns of Salou and Pineda.

The hotel itself is very good. Food has some good variety, and drinks were of a very reasonable price. The size of the rooms are good and housemaids are excellent – the rooms were spotless every day.

The beach is also excellent – suitable for young swimmers, and the pool is also good fun and wasn’t too crowded when we were there.

There are previous posts about Russians – I personally didn’t see any problems with pushing in or bad manners as previously described, and all guests generally kept themselves to themselves.
Overall would definitely come back and would recommend.

7  Thank Mariner_1980
Reviewed 11 November 2013

my review is a bit belated, but i have to make a comment on this hotel. Dont be put off with the address ie salou, its just outside salou, place called Cap salou,i went in sept and it was just great, the hotel is placed just right as it has a small cove of a beach on the doorstep 2 in fact, the hotel was clean food very good, could not fault it in any way,you can take a nice long walk to salou along the prom and coast route, but has great bus connections at the end of the road, visit ,the roman amphitheatre in tarragona easy on the bus, in all a great hotel with lots of things to do and see

Room Tip: try and get pool side, you will the have sea view
6  Thank goggins_12
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My 20 year old daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Cala Font, Cap Salou the last week of September 2013. We wanted a quiet, chilled week by a beach and that's exactly what we got. Weather lovely - about 26 degrees every day - never too hot. A couple of days we had a bit of hazy sunshine but still warm and it always cleared away during the day. Hotel on a fairly steep hill so may not be suitable for people with walking difficulties. This 4* hotel was beautifully clean as was our room. We were on 1st floor and asked for sea view, so we looked over pool towards beach, which was just outside gates. Lovely little cove with 1 beach bar, sea still warm, shallow and very clear - I swam several days and saw little fishes. Pool not massive but perfectly adequate and never a problem getting sunloungers - don't know what it would be like in peak season. We had half board and there was so much choice. Food was regularly replenished. I agree with previous reviews re Russians and watermelon! Their plates were piled high - often 8 slices and they'd get their 3 or 4 courses at same time and cover the table with plates - perhaps they were worried food would run out! I would say about 90% guests were Russian when we were there but not a problem. Staff were great and reception girls lovely and spoke great English. Not much entertainment - we didn't bother with it - just music from 9 till 10pm in bar every night. Again, maybe more in high season. Most nights we walked up the small hill and turned right to a few bars, restaurants and shops but very low key. My daughter liked the free wifi in bars - we usually went to The Smugglers (British run). Food looked good there but we had already eaten at hotel. At top of hill near Spar shop local buses were cheap & plentiful. There were also little Dotto trains with 4 routes - just make sure you get on right one! There are 4 coloured routes. You can also get to Port Aventura easily on local buses/Dottos - it's only about 15 minutes and you can see the rides as you come into land from plane. We went into Salou one day - the busiest resort - lots of shops & cafes including McDonalds & Burger King! Beautiful wide golden sandy beaches all along this coast. Another day we went to Tarragona - got off at the bus terminal and with a map walked all around the old city - Medieval castle, cathedral and Roman ruins including a big amphitheatre overlooking the beach. The only tripped we booked through our Thomas Cook rep was Haggle & Splash - a coach trip to Cambrils (quieter and more upmarket) market & free time to wander the streets or have lunch, followed by a lovely 3 hour catamaran trip along the coast to La Pineda. The boat stopped for an hour so people could swim and snorkel off the back. Free sangria, beer & soft drinks all the time, plus music and dancing on top deck if you wanted it. A lovely way to see the coastline and catch some rays! I hadn't been to Spain for years so it was quite nice to go back for a change, and although I couldn't fault the hotel, if I wanted more action I'd stay in one of the bigger resorts.

Room Tip: request a sea view - they accommodated us without extra charge!
9  Thank Tina S
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Just came back from Cala Font, we stayed 1 week in September! Yes, the weather was lovely, the view (sea view balcony) and the location were amazing, especially if you like a private and not crowded beach, everything regarding appearance was more than wow!
However... what a pity! This hotel could be a really 4-star hotel with some improvements! The room wasn't nice, it looked oldish, beds were hard and unstable, sheets were... pff, clean but gray... pillows and blankets very simple - overall I would give not more than 2 stars for cosines and comfortableness. The bathroom was better, but not more than for a normal 3-star hotel. The towels were old and gray.
I stayed a lot in 3-star and 4-star hotels, and I can not understand how this rooms could get near 4 stars...
And now the food! What a catastrophe! I am not pretentious, but at the breakfast I could nothing eat or drink! The coffee was awful, a very chip instant, a very chip - unknown - tea, no lemon served, eggs were old (very gray skin) - only boiled and fried - no omelet! A lot of bread and sweets... full of chemicals and unhealthy! The only thing to eat were vegetables and fruits!
At lunch and dinner, situation was a bit better, but still very poor quality and tastiness.
Me and my husband had the idea, that food is served that way - not to be eaten too much, except fruits. It was very unpleasant that we've booked full board...don't do this, you'll terribly regret it!
Overall it was ok, very clean, every day the room was cleaned and smelled good...but this is not enough! People like to sleep well and to eat well in a vacation, and exactly in these fiels there are a lot of minuses!
We won't return, sorry!

Room Tip: Look for sea-view rooms
3  Thank Meriss8