“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #30 of 94 Hotels in Salou
Dublin, Ireland
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

First impressions upon entering the cala font hotel is a spotlessly clean modern area . Front desk efficient and helpful . Rooms very clean but a little small. Lovely views of pool and sea . Beware no coffee making facilities . We went half board and the choice of food in restaurant was excellent . It's extremely busy and you will have to be quick if you like melon because certain hotel guests like to stockpile their food in case of nuclear war which has been commented on in previous reviews .it was a source of annoyance to me regarding the sheer naked greed of some guests and the waste of food was shameful . I'm not sure what the hotel can do about that though . Restaurant staff work tirelessly throughout clearing tables and are very pleasant . Bar area very clean and spacious , bit slow on service I thought , room for improvement . Pool area was very busy with screaming brats sorry screaming children and very loud music ,there is a area at back which is more peaceful if you prefer. Beware non swimmers , the pool is quite deep for at least half of its size something I have not seen before . Little bar serving snacks but coffee served in paper cups , I like my coffee served in a coffee cup cala font hotel. Something to take into account if you are deciding to stay here , there are a large number of east European guests that stay here and they are quite loud and not very friendly , You will not be greeted good morning in the lift on the way to breakfast but I think it may be a cultural thing , wifi in hotel is 20euro a week and we were charged 13 euro for "services" outside hotel VERY hilly, a few bars , the best we found was the paddocks could do with lick of paint but not expensive and good food nice guy from Sheffield Steve runs it .buses run regularly outside to salou and further if you are going to theme park buy your tickets at bus kiosk as queues are huge when you arrive there , finally a word for the cleaning lady who did our rooms each morning , a Spanish lady , dark hair , late 50s , lovely person who greeted us each morning and is a very hard worker indeed , give her a salary increase cala font hotel . I always judge a hotel by asking " would I return in the future and my answer is YES but I'm bringing my own melon

Room Tip: Room 341 3rd floor - pool and sea view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Noel whelan W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from Salou after a lovely week away with my other half. After an email request, we were given a sea view room which was lovely and made all the difference. Rooms are quite small, to the extent of sometimes it sounded like your neighbour was in your bathroom! Rooms compactly equipped with AC, hair dryer, TV, balcony etc. Staying on a half board basis, we found both breakfast and dinner very good, with excellent range of food available. Staff very friendly and thorough in all departments, particularly housekeeping and Juan at the bar who looked after us well each night, and makes an exquisite Mojito! Downside to hotel was that although wifi was available, it was at a cost of €5 per day or up to €20 for one week which I had never seen before. Hotel situated in lovely area, peaceful, but a short walk away from bars, restaurants & shops in the local village. Very much a family hotel but also popular for couples as opposed to large groups which suited us well. Guests seem to keep to themselves and not engage in 'chit chat' in lifts etc but I think this is more culture and perhaps a language barrier than rudeness which previous reviewers have blamed "The Russians" for. Perfect for a relaxing break.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nicmc88
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was my first holiday with my 3 year old. What an excellent place, great pools, lovely food, so close to the beach, friendly staff, clean hotel. Great entertainment around the hotel for young children. Can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed June 2014
Falkirk, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

lovely clean hotel beach only a second walk away altough no entertanment a few minutes round the corner there is loads of wee bars nothing happing in them but great for people watching and chilling out hotel does not have free wifi but all the bars round about do if you fancy a wee cup of tea just nip round the corner to the Paddock you can get a mug of tea there for 1.35 so not to bad (i like my cuppa before bed) and you only get tea at breakfast as for the Russians never in my life have a met such gready people plates pilled up so high food was falling of them and yes most of it was wasted no wonder holidays are so expensive no need .they also like the pool view in the dining area one asked me to move of my table so she could sit there (i dont think ) yes I would go back cant say the staff were really friendly but cant blame them not enough on to cope with the amount of guests if you like a coffe or tea take a kettle with you as no tea making stuff in the room

Room Tip: we had room 141 with a pool and sea view was lovely and got the sun most of the day
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank annie196241
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Been here a few times between family holiday and couple holidays, also been to other hotels in salou but find myself coming back to this hotel absolutely love it and everyone in the hotel is friendly would highly recommend and the fact the beach is two seconds away makes the hotel even better, there is also an english restaurant 5 minutes from the hotel if you prefer back at home type of food, will definitely be back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gemma E
soldeu
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I will start by saying that the receptionist (who was new) was lovely and very helpful.
The rooms are great and the location in Cap Salou is perfect, beautiful little beach just at the edge of the hotel.
My only complaints are that they told us dinner was until 8.30pm so we arrived at 8.15pm and at exactly 8.30pm the started to take away all the food. They gave us no warning and we had no time to eat and felt like we had to rush our dinner and leave. If they want to clear up at 8.30pm then why not tell us you close earlier then we would have eaten earlier! We live in Spain and are not used to eating so early, the food was good though, the earlier the fresher and better it was.
Secondly dog owners beware!! they say they are dog friendly and that they can stay in the hotel, after paying 40€ extra for our dog he was only allowed in the bedroom. I don't expect them to be allowed in the restaurant but not able to sit in the large outside bar area which was hardly being used! We would have spent money in the bar and enjoyed the evenings in the hotel, instead we had to go to our room or to a great restaurant called smugglers just around the corner that allowed us to take the dog. Don't think dog friendly is the correct words!!
I would return to the hotel but without my dog!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
cambridgeshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from the 13 th to the 20th of may me and my husbands first holliday without our children for 20 years absolutely fantastic hotel with beautiful surroundings food lovely always found something to eat all in.all great value for money we will be returning next year with our children can't wait

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple