“would go back”
Review of Jaime I Hotel

Jaime I Hotel
Ranked #52 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed 25 June 2014

we have just returned from a holiday here and its pretty much your average hotel.
The all inclusive is standard although I didn't have much choice being a vegetarian but the snack bar helped.
The bar staff were all lovely but the receptionists I found to be very rude and clearly had no time for us. one of them couldn't speak a word of English!
The rooms were basic but were kept nice and clean although one of the duvet covers had holes in them ..
the bathroom was a nightmare, every time you shower the water would run from the back down onto the floor and we would have a flood every time!
We played mini golf one day and you have to leave a 10 euro deposit! the course itself is quite good but it was absolutely filthy !!!
Something that really annoyed me is that on arrival I was made to pay around 4 euros for something that wasn't even explained to me ... and yet we were all inclusive!
if we had known when we booked that the hotel would be housing school trips we wouldn't have bothered going. we couldn't get near the outdoor pool so we decided to wait to use the spa .. big mistake, the groups of kids were allowed in there too and kept prating around in the Jacuzzi, it should be an adult on section in my eyes. The outdoor pool was a let down, the pictures show it to have a swim up bar .. this I definitely not the case, it looks like its been shut for a while this was a huge let down and their leaflets and maps all need updating as they are way out of date !
also during our stay there must have been work being done nearby because we were woken up every morning to loud explosions and even late at night it happened. also if you plan on wanting a remote for the TV be prepared to fork out 20 euros for it bit steep considering that's probably what the actual TV is worth.

Overall the hotel was average, its a good location, as I said bar staff are lovely, we were put in a pretty good room so all in all we were pretty pleased.
just hope they make a few changes.
don't be too put off by negative reviews you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca B
HotelJaimeI, Directora at Jaime I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your opinión about your stay in our hotel.
We are glad you positively valuate our quality/Price relation.
We will still working hard to improve our service.

We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Nice hotel that is good value for money. The rooms were spacious and the balcony enabled us to sit outside and enjoy a drink. The hotel has a good location, with a five minutes walk to the beach and only a short walk from convenient stores, restaurants and bars. On the downside, the breakfast was boring and not too interesting. Also, I want to advice all couples or families going for a calm beach holiday in the spring, to make sure it does not crash with the SalouFest for sport students across the entire UK. Great stay, and will definitely consider Jaime I, if returning!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nextplorer123
HotelJaimeI, directora at Jaime I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for leaving your review and it's nice to hear you both had a great tome staying here at the Hotel Jaime I.It will be a pleasure for us recieving you again next year!!
D. Marine, Directora, Hotel Jaime I

Reviewed 11 June 2014

dont let anyone put you off this hotel the rooms are clean cleaners come everyday if wanted the food has a good variety to suit all tastes and has a plaque telling you what it is in english spanish french and russian the pools are great and the location is close to all shops and bars with a short walk to the beach a must is a trip to the black bull which is a must great people good food and cheap drinks all in all a great hotel and holiday I WILL BE GOING BACK VERY VERY SOON

Room Tip: make sure you get a pool view cost me an extra 3 euros a night to have one but well worth it
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew W
HotelJaimeI, Director General at Jaime I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your opinion about your stay in our hotel.

It is always a pleasure to read good reports about our gastronomy. We think it’s an important part of your stay; therefore we try very hard to have always a wide variety of products, so that everyone can find something tasty to eat.

We’re also very happy to see that you were very satisfied with all our installations.
We’re glad to know it over passed your expectations.
See you the next time.
D. Mariné, Directora, Hotel Jaime I

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed here from the 1st June for 8 nights. Before we left I had made the awful mistake of reading the reviews so was very apprehensive about are stay bringing a 4 year old and a 6 month baby. When we arrived however I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is situated about 10 minutes walk to the beach and is in the middle of town making it very easy to get about. It is also very clean, In fact the housekeepers cleaned our room daily! providing us with new towels. Our bedding was also changed during our stay. The pool was spotless! Staff are very friendly offering local attraction tickets at reception. The food is very mixed for all nationality's so be prepared for trying something new, but was always hot and being replenished, making sure there is always enough. There is also a indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi and steam room which does cost an additional 1.50 euro's which is very reasonable if you require. The hotel does have more French and Spanish customers to English which does seem to bother some people but we were very happy there. All in all fantastic value for money. All I can say to the bad reviewers is if you expect 5* than expect to pay for it. This hotel in my opinion definitely deserves 4* rating.

Room Tip: We payed extra for the pool view rooms and found this tended to be the quieter side, perfect for peo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hannah s

Dear guest,
We thank you for sharing your opinión about your stay in our hotel Jaime I
We're glad to know you were satisfied with your room. It's important to feel comfortable when you're away for some time and we have this fact always in our mind. In addition, our staff Works very hard to achieve that your stay is as familiar and pleasant as posible. We're happy to know they achieved it with you.
We hope to see you son in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel from 2nd of June 14. for 4 nights. The room was not to bad. And I'm not a fussy person and I know you only get Wat you pay for. But the food is not very good the room was really hot I asked about air conditioning and was told that they don't put it on in June .their was pigeon mess all around the pool. The pools was freezing. Their was hundreds of french kids running all over the place and making loads of noise .and my wife got a sickness bug .when she finally got to sleep the french kids of about 50 was outside making again loads of noise peeing up the tree outside the hotel and smashing bottles. We were going home the next day. So I asked the reception if we could have the room for a later check out due to my wife being sick and kept up by the hords of kids. And I explained that the signs say no noise after 10 pm . But the made me pay which I was not happy about. And the beds are hard and they charge you to use the indoor pool. So as you might of guess I will not be going back. My advice is find something else. You will not need to go far to beat this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Daren D
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hotel jamie1 was clean ,well maintained , food was good, I was a bit worried when I booked this hotel as had read the reviews lot of good reports but few negative one's but need not have worried as from start to finish all good , I am looking to go bk in October and will definitely be going bk to hotel Jamie 1, its location great for beach , town centre and porta Ventura park,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My self, my husband & 3 children 5,9,10. Had a family room.. Which was fantastic, 3 beds in one room, and we had our on room with on suite, food was good, something for everyone.. My children loved the freshly made pancakes for breakfast. Only one remark about breakfast, don't get there too late or the food is cold & the cleaners are packing away.
Entertainment was ok, all Spanish, but hey your in spain, overall hotel clean, and tidy poolside kept very clean, rooms are a little dated, buy your only there to sleep. Maid com everyday with fresh towels, and bed change twice. I would recommend danny boy if you fancy a night out with your children, very friendly. And welcome all families.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family