4R Gran Regina
Aparthotel Best Da Vinci Royal(Salou)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$68
  • Pool
Sol Costa Daurada(Salou)(Great Value!)
US$76
  • Breakfast included
US$205
US$193
  • Pool
Les Dalies Apartmentos(Salou)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$50
US$180
US$169
  • Pool
Ona Jardines Paraisol(Salou)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$75
US$193
US$181
US$88
US$85
1,020 results
All reviewspool barbranded ice creamsevery nightjunior suiteport aventurabar staffsaladprofiterolestheme parkplenty of choicemexican nighttable tenniskids clubevening mealall inclusiveeuros per persontoasties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2013

to be honest, when we arrived we thought we had struck gold, 7 people in our party, 2 adults and 5 children, two adjoining rooms, we arrived very late on the 22nd june, and when we came down to breakfast, I thought I was in a retirement home, 99% of the guests staying were elderly Spanish, now I love the elderly, but come on, they took over the pool area, sat round fully dressed, my kids being told not to splash, in case they got their best cardigan wet, being told to be quiet , and stop enjoying themselves, having fingers waved at them. this is not a family friendly hotel, as the pool bar was closed, no entertainment laid on, unless you call , Spanish bingo, line dancing and a Spanish disco which finished at 11pm, where all the music was Spanish. my children were physically pushed aside in the dinner queue's, and when I approached the male who pushed my daughter, I was verbally abused also. its a nice hotel, but it was ridiculous to call it a family hotel, unless you are 70+ and Spanish.

Room Tip: do not book this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank darren m
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We arrived middle of march not expecting to stay here, the hotel we were meant to be staying at was shut for another week and this was not confirmed to us before arrival! Regina hotel kindly helped us in this horrible situation and put us up for the week, Marisa on reception was very friendly and accommodating to our needs.

The rooms and hotel itself was fine and spotlessly clean. The hotel entertainment was non existent and we sat in the bar watching the Spanish pensioners dance every evening after dinner! Luckily we ventured out and did find a lovely chilled bar near the centre that made us up some tasty cocktails.

We were half board and found the food to be yummy and definitely not druel like some people have described, we are fussy eaters at the best of times as well. What I will say though is the hot breakfasts we had weren't up too much....bacon that hadnt even seen a pig, grilled tomato and slimey eggs. No beans, mushrooms, hash browns or sausages the whole time we were there bit disappointing :( The dinners however were a different story, always a nice selection and something to suit everyone, desserts were a big hit with my sweeth tooth boyfriend....creme caramel, ice creams, fruit, mousse, yoghurts, you name it they had it and all very nice too. English people take note you will be asked to sit on the opposite side of the restaurant to the Spanish pensioners, it suited us fine but we found it slightly rude and also the waiters were a bit miserable!

Overall we had a lovely time and despite the circumstances of not even booking this hotel we would consider returning in the future.

Trips I would recommend - Barcelona by train (took about an hour and 20 mins to get there) and portaventura theme park :)

Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank holidayhappy88
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We booked 7 nights as a get away holiday for me and my partner, looking for peace and quiet from our busy London lifestyle. We did get a relaxing break, however this was mainly due to the fact that the hotel was swapped with elderly people. As for the catering staff, very snappy, rude, and a terrible attitude. We were disgusted by the way we were spoken to and found all te reception staff rude except one lady called Marisa who really helped us. Frankly overall, we found the service rushed and staff moody. However, we had some fab days out in Barcelona! And the hotel is on a great location to the town, only a 10 minute walk from beach. Rooms were very clean and modern, but wouldn't come back again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed at the Regina Gran in April 2013, must say we was very impressed with the hotel. clean and tidy the service is okay but would be better if they could speak more English. the ladies on the desk were sooo polite but the men are a little grumpy and moody. Large variety for breakfast, lots of old people lol pool was too cold to go in :( shops and beach are all soooo close by. we walked to Port Aventura and it took us like 15 mins not for at all. had a overall good experience. beautiful hotel must say.

Room Tip: Defo need a room with the pool view. you can see beach, pool and port aventura from view! Amazing!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SaimaHaqqqq
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have just come back from the Regina Gran Hotel. And lets just say I think that you would get better food in prison!

We arrived at about 11:00 pm and were tired, a short 15 minute taxi to the hotel started the holiday on a high. At reception we checked in and because we had missed the evening meal we were given a free lunch for the next day. The next morning we went down for the breakfast and got a shock! The breakfast consisted of: Fried eggs floating in oil, Mushy pancakes and cold beans! And not much more! During the day we went to Portaventura, one of my favorite theme parks in Europe. That night we went for the evening meal hoping it would be better but it was worst than the breakfast. GRUEL! Is the only way to describe the food and i wouldn't give it to my dog!!!

The evening entertainment was RUBBISH!!! from 7:00-12:00 the "dance floor" was filled with 60-90 year olds ballroom dancing, no fun for kids and certainly not family entertainment! The indoor pool was a good facility apart from the face that it cost €6 to swim even if you were a guest at the hotel! And an extra €4 for a swimming cap if you didn't bring your own! My children also tried to use the vending machine outside the indoor pool, it took their money and when they went to reception the male staff just sighed and said " come back tomorrow!" The only helpful people in this hotel were the female receptionists.

The over all holiday was not good and I will not be returning to the Regina Gran!!!

Room Tip: Go to the Sol Costa Durada down the road instead, we ended up walking there and paying for a meal at there hotel rather than ours!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family