“Nice 4* Hotel - would recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of H10 Delfin

H10 Delfin
Ranked #20 of 94 Hotels in Salou
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Nice 4* Hotel - would recommend”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We stayed between 23-28 September 2013. After paying for tax we were given 527 room which was nice, very clean and comfy, just loom at the photo below. There was working air conditioning, TV with 10 channels, plus safe and mini fridge, however they were extra price so we did not bother. Wi-fi was kind of slow at times, and hotel charges £20 per device / per stay. Bathroom was clean and nice, with fresh supply of towels, shampoos and bath gels - just as you would expect. We had a nice view on the opposite hotel where there had dancings pretty much every evening.

There was clothes washing & ironing service charging you per item, you could not rent an iron on your own. I used it once for ironing only and paid 6.50 euros for 4 t-shirts.

Breakfast was OK, big selection of food, fruits and drinks however the quality wasn't the greatest. Everything was edible but kind of tasteless. Juices were from concentrate, coffee/tea dispensing machines were giving you half a small cup. Coffee was awful by the way so I was opting for tea every morning after my first coffee cup there.

Swimming pool and hotel yard are nice looking, water is really cold though.

There was a nice mini supermarket opposite the hotel where you could get your basic supplies for the beach or your room. You could also buy postcards with stamps and shove them into mini postbox they had there.

We ate some dinners at 'Brown Old Cow' which is a bar/restaurant next to the market. Food was really good there.

The location of the hotel is perfect really. You don't have far to the beach or shopping malls. Bus station is 5 min away, train station is a 15min walk.

4 Thank SupTang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Polish first
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just come back from a four night stay at Delfin Park, and as another lady had previously said on here, I was beginning to regret the choice I'd made due to all the negative reviews over the summer. I became very worried and even considered cancelling, but I'm so happy that we just went with our gut instinct and stayed there.

The reception area is beautiful and very clean, as was the rest of the hotel. The staff on the main desk were very friendly and helpful (the girl didn't mention the fridge/safe/wifi charges but I knew about those from this site). Room and bathroom was lovely, yes it was a tad small but at the end of the day it's just a place to sleep and store your belongings! As mentioned by a few people on here, the beds are quite hard and you can hear various noises from nextdoor and the corridor, but we're both quite heavy sleepers so I didn't consider this too much of a problem.

I feel we went at the perfect time of year as the hotel wasn't overly busy and was predominantly full of older couples (I think we were one of the few youngest there!) But that was fine to us as we went there to relax and didn't want to be around noisy people. I found the beach in Salou, although lovely, was very busy, even in late Sept, so the pool at Delfin Park was a welcome sight. Spotlessly clean, lots of room for tables and chairs and sun beds and a snack bar on site. Waiters walk around all day to see if you'd like another drink, it was lovely! I felt very chilled out there. There's a good mix of sun and shade too, due to the high palm trees. That was great for us as I'm the sun worshipper and my boyfriend prefers the shade, so we had both.

We had bed and breakfast at the hotel, and I must admit, if we come back I will probably just book room only. We only sampled the breakfast on one of the days when we went to Portaventura, and it wasn't that great. I can't comment on the lunch or dinner, but there are lots of lovely pubs and restaurants all around which will make a tasty full English and dinner if you prefer some variety. We particularly liked Zodiac and Lunattic for dinners and snacks.

All in all we throughly enjoyed our stay here and look forward to returning one day.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank 1984jane
amragh,N.ireland
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We stayed her for a week frrom 17th sept half board.
The lobby area is lovely.when we checked in the girl was friendly but she didnt tell us where the dining room was,where the lift was or where we could store baggage. We felt that these where things we should have been told.
There is a charge for the safe and for the fridge in the room and the fridge hardly works.
We thought the room was nice and was spotless. We couldnt fault the cleanliness. The beds were hard though and also our room overlooked another hotel and the music was playing until 12am and it was impossible to sleep. It was very loud and we had hardly any sleep at all.
Location wise i think this hotel is one of the best.it has a couple of supermarkets right out the front and is a 2 minute walk to the shops and the beach. The pool area is very dull with alot of trees around it so we went to the beach everyday.
The food in the hotel isnt great. If your a fussy eater there is no point paying for half board. Also when we went to the bar to ask for a glass of ice to take to the room we were told that we couldnt have any and would have to go to the supermarket. We felt that this was a little bit pathetic and put us off the hotel alot.

Overall for location and cleanliness it is perfect but for food,bar service,charges for safe etc and noise and comfort of beds i would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont choose a room overlooking the pool area or overlooking the neighbouring hotel as thr noise leve...
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Just returned from a few days at this hotel,good points -excellent location-5 minutes from the sea front and town centre,excellent standards of cleanliness,friendly staff.Not so good-food not 4star standard,struggled to choose anything at lunchtime,restaurant very noisy,would go b&bnext time as excellent choice of restaurants in town.Beds very,very hard.would return but not half board.

1 Thank Hawthorn23
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed here at the end of July and would recommend this Hotel. It is very clean has great facilities and the staff are very helpful. The pool area is really nice with a choice of two pools and a snack bar. There is entertainment every night I really enjoyed the Flamenco dancing however some of the other nights were a bit naff but there is plenty to do in Salou itself. The Hotel is very central very close to the beach and the busy shopping centre.

Room Tip: There are no ground floor rooms but there is a lift so no problem for anyone with mobility needs
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Eileen_Cambs
Banbridge, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good points - excellent location less than a 2 min walk from the beach/main street, very clean, good size pool with nice features, impressive entrance/reception/foyer area, good shower and always hot water available, loads of cameras around the hotel so felt safe and didnt mind leaving valuables in the room compared to other places - though still used the safe anyway, food was good with plenty of fresh fruit etc available, freindly and good english speaking staff, good private balcony.

Bad points - as I said the food was good, though after a week of all inclusive it became a bit repetitive though this would be true of any hotel I would imagine. Due to the shape of the hotel the pool was in the shade till around 11.30am and began going back into the shade at around 4.30pm - causing the water to be pretty cold and a bit of strategy needed to pick where to place your sun lounger. Fairly expensive bar when there is 2 much cheaper bars right at the hotel entrance and 2 supermarkets as well. Had booked a double room but just got 2 single beds shoved together, which slid apart at the very merest of movements. Would be small rooms to be spending any more than a week in. We had a bad balcony view but that was just luck of the draw - not every room can have a good view! Horrible night entertainment - cringe!

Overall an excellent hotel at a very reasonable price, good points far out weigh the bad points (realistically the bad points I listed are petty enough - certainly nothing to say I wouldnt go back). Would definately stay in it again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Get a safe. Fridge is supposed to be hired - dont bother. It can be opened easy enough with anyting...
2 Thank BMG16
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Would like to start off by saying I have never written a review but feel it completely necessary! After reading the bad reviews on here I must say I was terrified to come to this hotel and even thought of switching hotels but im so glad we did not. I was there with my 2 kids and my parents and it was an amazing holiday. Rooms were cleaned spotless everyday, staff were friendly and couldnt be more helpful. He men who worked with the kids club and mini disco were fantastic. At our evening meal we always left full as there was enough food for everyone of us who each eat different. We were also there when the people with special needs were there and can honestly say the staff were not laughing at them, they were helping hem enjoy their holiday as the staff did with everyone. Im absolutely appalled that people would even think that never mind say it! Hotel is close to shops and beach and would definitely recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family