All reviewssun clubla pinedakids hoursupermarket attachedself cateringsmugglers inngreat holidaybus cardkids clubpool areathomson repfamily holidaycold poolneighbouring hotelkids poolevery nightring hob
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I wasn't going to write a review, however I noticed someone else was shut down by saying there was no bed bugs, lies! I have made a complaint to tui as I came home with bed bugs and the bites were still appearing a week after returning. I was put on anti biotics after visiting my gp. This was confirmed as bed bugs and taken photos to prove. This holiday was the worst from start to finish. We also went with my brother and his family and he even had to help the police stopping a fight between a couple that were below them. Where were the staff? It was horrendous. The only good thing about this holiday was the supermarket

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank cpac83
Reviewed 30 October 2017

Didn't know what to expect of the hotel(as of any you have not been to) but could not find fault with the place my kids loved it from playing in the pool to playing football on the little pitch and entertainment at night and a great host Eddie that kept all ages entertained cheers Eddie from salford

Room Tip: Upper floor
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kn0wly
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We booked this holiday last minute and I was almost dreading it after reading the number of reviews which mentioned the terrible noise level. I am 34 weeks pregnant and we had our 2 year old with us so sleep was going to be VERY important.
Having read the terrible reviews I emailed the hotel at reserves@sunclubsalou.com and stated my concerns and asked if we could possibly have a quiet room. They replied and said they would do their best and they did indeed do a brilliant job. We were given room 514 which was on the top floor of the hotel and on the side away from the pool (very important!) We had the lift on one side of our room and had no noise from that and the people next door were quiet. There were no rooms on the other side of the corridor as we were opposite the adults only sunbathing patio. This was locked in the evening so there was no noise from this. The bedroom was away from the corridor so even when there were noisy kids outside our room once, it did not disturb our sleeping son.
The apartment had a separate bedroom where we managed to fit a single mattress on the floor by our beds for our little boy. He could then sleep while we had dinner in the kitchen/diner/sitting room in the evening. The blackout curtains were very impressive and made a big difference. There were lots of spare pillows and blankets in the cupboards which we used to barricade round our son's bed so he didn't fall out in the night. There was one kids' TV channel and it was Spanish but our son didn't seem to mind!
The kitchen had a fridge with tiny freezer compartment, 2 ring hob, microwave and lots of useful equipment. There was also a list of things you could borrow from Reception if needed although I didn't spot this until the end of our stay. There was washing up liquid, a scrubber and a tea towel which was great.
We asked about a high chair for our son and were told we could hire one at 3 euros a day. We decide to bring a Gro-Chair harness instead and prop up our son on a blanket. This worked fine.
The bathroom was really spacious and the bath and shower were good.
The cleaner came every day except Sunday and did a great job with everything except the grainy/sandy floor. I wish I had taken slippers or something to keep my feet out of the constant grittiness on the floor which then transferred into bed at night.
We hardly spent any time in the hotel during the day. The pool was too cold for our son but I had known about this in advance from reading reviews so it wasn't a surprise. He enjoyed visiting the 4 coves within walking distance of the hotel and building sandcastles and paddling. There were lots of mentions of the very steep hill to the hotel in other reviews and that worried me a bit. However, I am 34 weeks pregnant and I managed the hill just fine.
We bought the 10 bus journey ticket and went out on the bus every day and it worked brilliantly. The bus timetable didn't entirely reflect when they arrived but they seemed to come every 15 mins and we never had a terribly long wait. Cap Salou had limited attractions to offer (especially as everything was shutting down) but the ability to visit local towns made it all much better.
Salou itself was a 10 min bus journey away and was paradise for a small child as it literally had about 40 playgrounds! Tourist Information gave us a map of them. Along the sea front there were playgrounds spaced out about a minute's walk apart. It kept our 2 year old very happy!
We had lunch out every day and self-catered the rest of the time. The hotel food did not appeal and the eating areas were rather bleak and soulless. There seemed to be a lot of people who never left the hotel so I guess they must have enjoyed the facilities and the all-inclusive drink package.
If I had been stuck in the hotel and in a loud room then it would have been a nightmare trip but a quiet room and outings made it great.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors away from the pool are quieter. Room 514 was perfect if you want to be quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We booked sunclub as a last minute cheap get away for the family.
I have to say, I really don’t have any complaints about the place.

The rooms(we had a one bedroom apartment) were basic, but clean and tidy and did what it said on the tin. Cleaners came every day to clean.

My kids loved the pool, as it was nearing the end of the season there weren’t too many people around so lots of room in the pool.

They did meals and takeaway food downstairs which was not over priced and quite nice.

They had activities every evening and an hour of kids hour.. my children were a little old for this but it looked like all the little children there were loving it.

The only thing that is maybe a negative is that the place is noisy... you have to expect this when it is family orientated. So I would say, if you have no children and are going away as a couple or adults only... I’d go elsewhere.

I would definitely return here. My family loved it :)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvonne M
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Hi. Wow...dont know what else to say....me and my family live this place. Very clean staff very friendly and helpful. They have everything that we needed..food perfect prices good..im defently coming back next year..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family