Hello there , we went 2nd of June through to the 9th of June, well let me start by saying what a fantastic holiday we had and each one of us enjoyed it. We are a family of 8, 2 grandparents, 2 parents and 4 children aged 15, 13, 9 , 8. My initial thoughts were that the hotel looked a little tired which given it is the beginning of the season i thought was a little worrying.
We checked in ok and Natalia on the desk was both friendly and efficient, we stayed in block B with 6 of us in a suite and my parents stayed in the main hotel in block A. Our room was spacious , very spacious infact with a huge balcony. It was however like stepping back into a 70's film !!! the beds were hard and very rarely did we have hot water not enough cups etc. BUT you dont spend that much time in the room so to us it was acceptable and no problem. The food as others have described is simple but plentiful and our children eat likes horses and they were very happy indeed as were all of us.
The restaurant was never overly busy and had a good selection of sweets etc and also some lovely bread. The restaurant is a little grubby but the staff seemed to work very hard in keeping it all running . The entertainment was a good laugh and kept us all entertained with the quizzes and bingo etc all good family fun and we won over a 100 euros so that helped. The pool was ok again with some good entertainment laid on with a very keen lifeguard on duty whilst we were there. The only downside with the pool was it was a real fight to get enough sunbeds , we are a family of 8 but we only wanted 3 sunbeds as most of us spent the day in the pool but even then 3 beds took some getting and quite often we had to get a couple of chairs instead. Some people seemed to get a bed then bugger off for the day..not on at all...
The bus stop outside the hotel took us right into Salou which is a great , clean resort, we had some good days on the beach , the sea is shallow and warm and the kids loved it as did I !!!
One place that was outstanding was Cambrils a fishing village about 2 miles from Salou and well worth a visit its a great place.
In summary the hotel is old and tired with some grubby areas and you may struggle for a sunbed, however the food is plentiful and a good choice and we got served with drinks at the bar very promptly, i have to say we had a great holiday and the deficiencies never stopped us having a great time. The staff are helpful and hard working and it is a good cheap family holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Official Rating: 3 KeysHotel with 128 rooms, outdoor swimming pool, buffet restaurant, bar, supermarket, laundry room. For children: children’s pool and play area. Sports: pool table, ping pong. Entertainment: entertainment program and games room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Festival Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Festival Village Hotel Salou
- Festival Village Salou, Costa Dorada