“jason and tracy”
Review of Festival Village

Festival Village
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed 28 June 2014

excellent hotel , staff were 1st class , rooms are very clean , food is more than you can ever want, dont read anything into the poor reviews it is well worth the money. yes kids are a bit noisy but they are all around the world , we stayed for 14 nights and were treated very well .
all the staff are spot on and the cook is excellent even getting me a coffee at 5 am .
its a great break here you can go any where in salou or la pinda .
i will be coming again asap .for the staff im the man who was wearing the 46 top !!!!!!

jason smith

Room Tip: front of building are the best
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jason S
VillaMarinaSalou, Manager at Festival Village, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Thank you very much for your positive comments about our hotel and for sharing your experience on trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you have no hesitation to come back to Festival Village making the staff very proud of the job they are doing.
Best wishes from all of us at Festival and we hope to see you in the near future.
Regards

There are newer reviews for Festival Village

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just back from a week all inclusive holiday for 2 adults and 3 kids in a 2 bed apartment at festival village. I will start with positives... reception staff are very good, helpful and pleasant all of the time. Management team always about and eager to help. Entertainment is generally ok with night time acts of a good standard. Room was spacious with 2 bathrooms and when we requested an extra bed it was immediately brought. Cleaners are daily and do a decent job with a short time allowance. Ok, now the drawbacks.... hotel overall is very tired which is immediatelly apparent on arrival. Needs a good paint job everywhere when compared to near by hotels. Room furniture/decor and paintwork is also old and needing upgraded. Mattresses are hard and ours had cigarette burns. The tiled floor was filthy when we checked in which a proper mopping would have fixed and we has an ant infestation on balcony. Word of warning also, we had a shower cubicle in one bathroom which is tiny (approx 0.5m sq) and the hot water runs scalding. I burned my arm on the shower inlet due to the lack of room to move without turning the water off - I advise avoiding the small shower altogether. Also major pain for me is i've came home with 8 flea bites which can only have came from the room! The pool area is quite small and even in June it suffers from the usual selfish sun lounger towel claimants, by 11am there was no spaces left, I will say It was cleaned thouroughly every night. The all inclusive food is very average, with roast pork for example appearing with dramatic frequency. I found the breakfast the worst, with cheap sausages, fatty bacon and watery scrambled egg. As an alternative there is always 4/5 kinds of fruit though and a limited selection of cereal. I would have liked some fresh baked goods but it was pre packed processed crossoints and soft biscuits. The snack bar food consists of cheap burgers in long life rollls, chips, dripping with grease pizza or what appeared to be asda smart price chopped chicken nuggets. The drinks were ok with the usual kids cola, lemonade etc and the generic local beer/ wine etc. The vodka was a weaker russian spirit alternative but ok I suppose. Although be warned not to stray outwith the snack bar with this food or be abruptly stopped by security. I thought this was a bit silly as this basic food was unlikely to cause much mess outwith this area ( I take the point if people were walking about with spagetti). The general staff were alright although they made me think of Mcdonalds or Asda staff on near minimum wage, generally bored with a repetitive job. Sometimes they were nice other times not so much. The entertainment staff were an English company and were quite good at what they did, the facilities they have are not much with a small wooden hut to work with for the kids club. They played some films in the hut at night including Shrek the third although the TV seemed to be suffering from a colour fault. The entertainment within the hotel is standard to what you would expect e.g Bingo, kareoke etc but be warned its really loud so don't expect to hear each other while its on. I also think it is worthy of note for those (like us who the tour operator did not explain) that the hotel is in CAP Salou not Salou. There is one or two nearby bars and a supermarket but it is ten euro in a taxi to main Salou with all the main bars/shops etc. We were also charged ten euro for a taxi to near by La Pinada because there were 5 of us. Overall the hotel maybe ok for the right price, although sadly we paid far too much with a well known tour operator for what is at the very best a 5/6 out of 10 hotel. I mean no disrespect to the managers who really work hard, but some euros need to be spent on general upgrading.

Room Tip: Rooms to East side are next to a very very noisy housing complex
6  Thank Tony M
VillaMarinaSalou, Manager at Festival Village, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you very much for your review, I would like to start by apologizing for the issues you had in your room with the shower, the ants and the flea bites, I would really appreciate if you can send us an email with the number of your apartment so we can look into this issues, I have checked the maintenance book and I cannot find any report of this nature nevertheless this will most certainly be addressed with maintenance so it does not happen again. Apologies you found the hotel to be a little tire, we will be sure to look in to this when deciding or planning changes to the festival village in the future.
The food in general scores very highly, with one of the highest ratings with Thomas cook for quality and variety and can only apologies that you did not feel that the food was up to standard.
Here in the hotel as you have mentioned we operate very hands on approach, and I am sure if you had come to us we would have tried to resolve some of the issues that you had, I can only apologies you did not feel it necessary to do this.
Our staff do work hard to make everyone’s stay as comfortable and enjoyable as we all expect it in some occasions they are busy, other times not so much but you can be sure they will do anything for you and by no means they are bored at their job.
The location of the hotel is clearly stated within our marketing apologies you were not advised of this prior to travel
Thank you once again for your feedback and our sincere apologies your time here with us, was not what you expected.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Hi i am travelling out in September is it possible that anybody can tell me if there is any wifi available at the hotel or poolside and if so is it free or is there a daily charge, any help is appreciated.

5  Thank lauren d

We are glad you have chosen us as your summer destination this year.
WI FI is available at the hotel, you will be able to use it in your room, reception area and in occasions the signal will reach areas of the swimming pool.
Wi fi is payable, prices are as follows, 1 hour 2€, 1 day 8 €, 3 days 15€, 1 week 28 €.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance.
Looking forward to your visit.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were in a group of 14 all ages but had an amazing time. Food was spot on, not fussy but good quality even had the Sunday roast. I know go to Spain and eat like the Spanish, but this demonstrates the length they go to make it all good.

Entertainment, just as we had hoped. It is all about participation, pool fun. So if you are looking for a good quality, all inclusive family holiday. Would definitely recommend.

Rooms are basic and could do with modernisation, but clean, which is great .

5  Thank Wendi S
VillaMarinaSalou, Manager at Festival Village, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thanks a million for the FIVE STAR review. It really is very motivating to our team to read that you and your family had a great stay. Thanks for the comments about the food we score very highly on the quality and variety of our dishes. We are glad you enjoyed our entertainment too. We look forward to your return.
Best Wishes from all the staff

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I just want to echo many of the very positive reviews for this hotel. Returned yesterday from a very enjoyable 1 week stay with my wife and three kids. Great location within walking distance of (35 mins) but away from the hullabaloo of downtown Salou. La Pineda (15 min walk in opposite direction is charming with a lovely beach and great water park. Nothing too much trouble for any of the staff (especially the main man) and always cleaners visible keeping the hotel shipshape. Thoroughly recommended, Steven (Carlisle)

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank m162935

Thank you very much for the positive review. We are all about providing great FAMILY holidays so it’s lovely to read that yours had a great stay with us. Thank you very much for your comments about the staff, they do work hard providing an excellent service that makes guests feel very welcome at Festival Village.
We hope to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Have just returned from a weeks holiday here with my son and parents, we stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment, which was yes a little dated, but huge and clean so this didn't bother us at all, after all, we didnt go there to sit in the apartment! My only complaints about the apartments was that I found the beds incredibly uncomfortable and the air con does not go lower than 18° so I found it rather warm for sleeping, these are the only reasons for the 4 stars rather than 5. The rest of the hotel was very clean and the staff were very helpful and friendly, I must mention in particular the manager (who's name I have unfortunatley forgotten, sorry!) Not only was he there all the time, chatting and greeting guests, but I felt like he went out of his way to accomodate me as I am vegetarian who also does not eat eggs either. I did not expect to come away to Spain in an all inclusive and have a huge choice, but several times he offered to get the chef to make something specifically for me that I could eat! In all the hotels I've stayed in I've never known a manager like him, a total credit to the hotel and really made my holiday so much better, so thank you very much! We really have had a lovely week away! :-) JUST A WORD OF WARNING . . . There are lots of cats around here so if you are frightened of them be prepared! My mother was terrified, I absolutley love cats and loved watching them so it was great for me ;-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Rachelroberts84
VillaMarinaSalou, Manager at Festival Village, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words and fantastic review, your feedback means a lot to all the staff here in the festival village.
Our main aim is to ensure we are offering value for money all inclusive 3* family packages for our guests, by reading reviews like your own, shows we are on the right road, and we will continue to make improvements were needed.
Apologies you found the rooms to be a little dated,we will be sure to look in to this when deciding or planning changes to the festival village
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience the quality of the beds may have caused, We have just received new mattresses that we will use to replace the ones that are not at the required standard. I am glad this did not spoil the overall enjoyment of your holiday.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Best Wishes from all the staff

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed for 7 days with 4 children and had a great holiday. Welcomed on arrival by the very pleasant and helpful manager, that always had time to stop for a chat. Entertainment staff brilliant Roxanne, Amy, Michael and Jack. Maybe more things needed for ages between 6-11 eg.football.Hotel staff pleasant and helpful. Good variety of food everyday and something for everyone. Kids well catered for, ice cream anytime, kids cocktails! Thankyou for a great family holiday, hope to return and would definitely recommend Festival Village.
Ruth
N.Ireland

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank bluebubble2

Thanks a million for the five star review. Our staff work tirelessly to ensure that guests are looked after and it makes it all worthwhile when customers like yourself comment on it. Great to read that you and your family enjoyed the entertainment too. We are giving the last touches to the football pitch we have at the back of block C so it will be ready for next week, as you commented it will be a very popular activity for kids.
We hope to see you soon at festival Village.
Best Wishes from all the staff.