We chose the hotel as a way to stick to a budget as it was all inclusive. I would say it was worth the money as we had my partners 3 kids with us. The rooms were a bit dated and basic and seemed clean enough. My main gripe with the room was ants on my bedside table!!! I complained to reception and it was dealt with promptly. But I have about 15 bites on my body. Someone on an earlier review mentioned they had a similar problem with bites. Spent the week itchy and self ware of these bites. Nice view of the sea from our room.
The pool was nice, bit busy and everyone reserved beds with towels and then were rarely using them. When the pool opened at 9am there was a bit of a stampede to get the best beds!
Food was good, we all found plenty of choice and variety to suit our various tastes. Drinks were fine too. Was disappointed with the paella and sangria event. If I had been in a restaurant I would not have paid for it.
Entertainment was just ok, never very busy and most people chose to sit outside in the evening rather than take part in it. Kids entertain me did seem good. Entertainment staff were really friendly.
I found most of the staff very nice, especially the bar staff. Everyone was very friendly and helpful.
I would recommend as a budget break, but wouldn't return myself
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Official Rating: 3 KeysHotel with 128 rooms, outdoor swimming pool, buffet restaurant, bar, supermarket, laundry room. For children: children’s pool and play area. Sports: pool table, ping pong. Entertainment: entertainment program and games room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Festival Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Festival Village Hotel Salou
- Festival Village Salou, Costa Dorada