“location”

Ranked #26 of 94 Hotels in Salou
Dublin, Ireland
“location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel with wife and son all inclusive for one week, location of the hotel is good, close to the beach and bars, food was average and not very hot, a lot of the guests were complaining, found the staff very rude, except Cristobel in the bar and the young girl that organised activities around the pool area, rooms are small but clean, good cleaning service throughout the week, entertainment at night was average, over all I don't think I would return to this hotel, average food and the rude staff was a big let down, would recommend to the management to ask the staff to be more friendly, not a lot to ask.

3 Thank mark697
HOTELARANEA, Gerente at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Mark, Please accept my apologies for the lapse in service during your recent stay. I´m very sorry you found our staff to be rude, I am sure it was not their intention. I will definitely speak to them to ensure this does not happen again. Hoping you will consider coming back to our hotel for your next break.
Regards from Salou
management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

The hotel was a good standard, very clean, great maid service every day but english are the minority. It was full of spanish school kids who took over the pools and ran round the restaurant. Good location for bars and beach. Staff weren't very friendly and the safe cost 40 euros. Rooms were nice and the food was ok although we had salad every night, not many english speaking staff. I can see why Best hotels have dropped this one and left it to the spanish, and a few russians aswell. Resort nice, beach and sea fab, some great irish bars.

1 Thank Lou050374
HOTELARANEA, Gerente at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I'm pleased that you were generally happy during your stay. However, I am very sorry that you found our staff not very friendly, I will make sure they improve in the manner they attend our customers. I do hope you will consider staying again with us.
Best Regards,
Greenock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hotel very clean from third floor. Every spanish oap in Spain seemed to be staying at this hotel and they are the rudest people ever. We felt as a party with a wheelchair user that the lifts were inadequate and doors closed very quickly. Entertainment felt like being at a three year olds birthday party and if you didn't speak Spanish or Russian you could forget understanding what was going on. We arrived on the 6th and had no air conditioning until the 15th which considering the temp was outrageous. There were lots of Spanish school parties with very little adult supervision and noise levels very high. The hotel was well situated with bus stops on the doorstep and beaches were within short walking distance. Would I use this hotel again? I'm not sure.

Room Tip: Book from the third floor up
2 Thank Mary C
HOTELARANEA, Gerente at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Mary, I am sorry that you did not find the hotel completely to your liking and I am a bit dissapointed that we didn't manage to achieve a perfect stay for you. Please let us know should you need anything at all next time you are here, I do hope to see you again.
Best Regards,
Newry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

stayed here with my wife and disabled daughter. Hotel has 3 small lifts, and only 2 disabled access rooms, so if going make sure you are pre- booked for one of them. Management and staff are very welcoming, professional to the end, plenty of sun beds and chairs etc around pool, just toss off the towels left out by others who have gone out for the day. Rooms are clean and tidy, from 3rd floor up, 1st and 2nd yet to be modernised but it is to be done. I had some issues when there, but manager had a face to face meeting with me, and agreed to deal with my issues, out side of my issues, i enjoyed the hotel stay as did my family. Watch out for mrs mop looking access to room from 8.30 am, just stick out your do not disturb sign.

Room Tip: choose a room from the 3rd floor up, hang out you door sign if you want a lie in.
HOTELARANEA, Gerente at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Jim, thank you so much for posting your feedback, I am sure your comments are of a good use to other future visitors. I am glad you found our staff helpful and welcoming and had an enjoyable time with your family. Please be aware you are vey welcome to our hotel any time. Best Regards,
Luis Miguel Lamuela,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

hotel was ok we took a private transfer so was a bit quicker,they accomodated our party well as we had additional needs.
lots of spanish and germans were staying lots of them were older and i found very rude.
long ques for the lifts and even though we were with wheelchairs they would all try and rush and push in front of us when they looked perfectly able to use the stairs.
food was very average but hot and well stocked,
entertainment was dire we spent the evenings outside the hotel and was not aimed for the british,
pool small for size of hotel and it is quite noisey at night and we found activity on the street untill 6am which didnt bother us but keep in mind if your travelling with children that need their sleep.
close enough to port aventura by taxi 10 euros each way
would i return?-no

2 Thank Wendy B
HOTELARANEA, Gerente at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear guest thank you for your review. We take note about your comments to try to solve in the future.

Portlethen, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

we went to this hotel on the 7/06/14 to 14/06/14 the room was clean but we had a broken patio chair the table had marks on it i thought they were suspose to be white.The noise was really bad there was spanish children shouting and screaming this was after midnight and they were going round knocking on the doors that there friends rooms i only got little sleep the entire time.We went our breakfast on the first morning and it was like a cattle market there was no tables kids running around so we went out for breakfast instead i will not be back to this hotel this hotel felt like a 2 star hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not at the back as we were at the back and there is a hotel opposite making alot n...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandra R
BestHotels2014, Director Hotel at Hotel Oasis Park, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear customer

Thank you very much for your review.
We take note about your comments of the hotel to solve in the future and to try to improve the satisfaction of our guest .

Hotel Oasis Park

Travellers are raving about these Salou hotels

Wrexham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Just got back from 4 nights at the oasis park, Hotel is nice and clean, Food was ok, always found something but I found it a bit bland (for this reason I did eat out a couple of times)
The pool area was ok, but i felt there was something missing, just cant put my finger on it.
All the staff were very good and the location is good.
Entertainment I felt was a bit poor throughout the day for an all inclusive hotel.

It was ok but nothing special, typical 3 star hotel.

Room Tip: Had a room overlooking the road but once the doors are shut you don't hear much
1 Thank jv0405
Dear customer

Thank you very much for your time spends on the review of the hotel

We try to give the best relation cualitait-price for a 3 strs hotel.
Many thanks for your kind words

We hope to welcome again in the future