“fab hotel”
Review of Las Vegas Hotel

Las Vegas Hotel
Ranked #17 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just come back from this hotel on June 21st 2014 after a one week stay. The hotel was excellent and food the was very good. The rooms were cleaned everyday and we had a pool and sea view. I would highly recommend this hotel and will certainly book it again next time we visit Salou. Well done and keep up the high standards!.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Arriving at the hotel everything looks fine, the reception area is lovely unfortunately the receptionists are rude and surly !!
Rooms are dated and look like something from a 1990 travel lodge !! Our room was at the back of the hotel at pavement level which meant we got no privacy and the noise from the neighbouring hotel and pubs was awful
Although the food was ok surely telling paying guests they must eat at 7pm or 8.30pm is wrong ??? Buffet type meals could be served straight through
The cleanliness of the hotel was acceptable but nothing special
Didn't spend any time at the pool as beds were reserved by the same people every day ( how sad !!! )
Another major issue for me was that guests at dinner were able to wear beach items, football tops and sportswear, this shouldn't be acceptable in a 4 star hotel

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room overlooking the pool or you will have to put up with lots of noise
2  Thank donnasquires
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just come back from our stay at the hotel last week and what a lovely week we had ,the hotel was immaculate and always being cleaned the hotel décor was lovely all the staff are very friendly, hard working and very helpful nothing was to much trouble, was a little surprised to have to pay a tourist tax when we arrived but that didn't put us off . we stayed half board and found plenty of choice in the restaurant on both sittings and the restaurant manager Pepe very helpful , Amy from Thomas cook was lovely and helped us pick and book some good days out jeep safari is a trip not to be missed and Barcelona zoo was a good day out too. this hotel is very close to the beach and shops and we will be looking to book a stay here again .the only thing that could have been better is the evening entertainment in the hotel its self but apart from that can find no other faults with our stay. We had a great weeks stay here .

Room Tip: stayed in room 104 this is on the first floor so not to high up you could see the sea from the balco...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank debbie w
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel last year for a week and had such a great holiday that we decided to try it for two weeks this year. We went half board with Thomas Cook again and stayed over the end of May/start of June. Thomas Cook were very efficient and we had a smooth check-in and a hassle-free flight Even better was that, out of the blue, ourselves and another couple were ushered by the TC Rep to a waiting taxi on arrival. This was free of charge and meant that we were in the hotel about 12 minutes later, so a BIG thank you for that! The hotel is spotlessly clean and the large reception area with large lounge bar leading off to the left is as impressive as it ever was. We sat in the lounge many evenings, and the soft sofa seats with their scatter cushions together with the bar staff who you all get to know by sight make it feel really quite homely after a while. Entertainment was held here every night and the acts were really good. They mainly consisted of live music and I thought the Spanish singing duo, and the Beatles tribute act were brilliant, as well as the Flamenco. I asked about a number of different things at reception, and the receptionists were always helpful. The hotel has one large, main pool with small terraced gardens and sun bed area all around it with jacuzzi, plus two smaller pools also with sun-bathing. Sun loungers are provided and free to use. You can also sit on the seats on the terrace above the main pool. The pool water was crystal-clear and you could actually see a man coming round to take water samples every day. As mentioned by others, the hotel location is unbeatable, being only a minutes walk from the beach/seafront and shopping area, and also the Plana bus stops for trips out and about. For the energetic, the hotel also has a gym and games room. Regarding our room (number 344) I can only say that it was absolutely superb. Our room was clean and well decorated with large beds and also two chairs in the room to sit on, but my jaw dropped when I went out onto the balcony of our corner room and saw the amazing view. We could see Salou town, the mountains behind (which I never even knew were there), the coastline stretching to Cambrils and beyond, the lovely sea, and all the hotel pool/sun bathing area. I would like to thank the hotel so much for giving us this room and say that we really did appreciate it - that view was incredible! The rooms also have a wall-mounted flat-screen TV, and there were loads of channels to chose from including Sky News and a great music channel called rac105.The maids not only kept the rooms spotless, but would also speak if you met them in the corridor. We went half board, and the first evening we went into the dining room the restaurant manager - without any prompting - recognised that we had been last year. That shows to me that the staff care and remember you. In fact the restaurant staff as a whole were well-organised and efficient, and worked hard to clear tables etc. One night they could easily have been overrun when dozens of new arrivals all came down at once for their dinner along with all the regulars, but the staff buckled down and controlled the situation until the rush had subsided. The evening meal had loads of choice of different vegetables, fish, meat, rice, pasta and so on together with a big spread of different salads, and also soup and lots of desserts. I thought the food tasted really nice, and was well cooked and always served hot (you could see the temperature on a digital display). Breakfasts were a choice of cooked items such as egg, bacon, and sausages or cold meats, bread and rolls and a selection of cereals with milk. Drinks were tea, coffee, or juice. This is clearly a hotel which strives hard for high standards of quality and customer service and in my view delivers them in all areas.

Room Tip: High rooms are always best as the hotel is in a town centre location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank miserboy10
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Will start my review with some basic information , safety deposit box 27 euro , which includes a10 euro deposit , kettle hire 12 euros you need to also put down a 20 euro deposit , fridge hire 18 euros which includes a 5 euro deposit , tourist tax 7 days 2 adults round 13 euros . Hope this helps .. Just returned today from the Las Vegas from start to finish this hotel has been fantastic the reception , bar. Restaurant , and cleaners are all very hard working and very helpfull , the hotel itself I must say is the cleanest one I have ever stayed in . You will not be disappointed by the level of service from the staff . I did notice some of the rooms are looking over other hotels and some look on to brick walls , so my advice to you is email the hotel 2 weeks before your departure and request a pool or sea view on a high level these rooms are lovely , I did this and I paid 70 euros to upgrade for the week I had room 544 one of the best rooms in the hotel , deffo well worth the money with a pool and sea view with also a view of salou these rooms also have the sun from mid afternoon . The evening meals are in 2 sittings one at 7 the other at 8 , if these times don't suit you then see the restaurant manager pepe he will try his best to change your time to suit you . I do highly recommend this hotel and will deffo be going back , just perfect .

Room Tip: High floor great views over looking the pool and the sea , well worth the 70 euro a week upgrade ,
5  Thank andy w
Reviewed 8 June 2014

we have just jad a week here food was awful half board had to eat out not nice at all like cattle in resterant, this hotel was immaculate , spotless great location, but be warned you have tourist tax to pay on arrival 14 euros , a fridge is 18 euros,a safe is 18 euros, tea facilities which consists of a kettle and cups is 37 euros of which you get 20 back when returned plana bus buy a platic card from shop its cheaper the guiness tavern is a good english pub , cambrills is nice market on wed hope this helps

4  Thank karen j
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We have just came back today from the resort from a week stay from the 1st of June - 8th June, On the last day we went to the beach. We had 75 euros left in my wallet so we decide to take 20 to the beach and leave the wallet in my partners sock drawer! We come back to see a nice clean room and the wallet in a different place in the drawer with 5 euros left in! To top it of we go down to the reception and it took 5 of the receptionists to find a word to describe police statement and accused me of being a liar and that the maid has worked at the restaurant 15 years so it is not possible that this has been stolen, but I have saw previous comments saying similar. But 50 euros I was not to gutted about but when we was told to double check the room we find my partners PANDORA bracelet has gone missing which she has had since the start of our relationship and has built it up with presents from each birthday and Christmas etc. 500 pound worth of presents just stole by a dirty maid. Please share this review and do not recommend this hotel.
Also food was poor, waiters were poor, not enough sun loungers, lifts take to long, and don't get me started on the poor entertainment..

Room Tip: Don't leave any valuables about!
8  Thank DannyWhale