“Two night quick visit” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 95 Hotels in Salou
Aston
“Two night quick visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great location and hotel is exceptionally clean and well laid out. If it was a 3* then it would have got a 4* rating here but as it is a 4* then it only gets a 3.
It was let down by the facilities which are exceptional BUT not all open despite it being July e.g. the pool bar. Also everything is extra.... even WiFi in reception/bar is extra money. If they want to keep people drinking in the hotel then surely give them WiFi free at the bar.
This should be a 5 star review but had simple things let this hotel down.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
4 Thank MartinGAston

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Colchester, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

This was our second stay at Las Vegas.. both times we can't fault the hotel, its lovely and clean..the staff are excellent, the food is lovely and should be plenty of choice for most people.. But,,,our first stay was on the pool side, which was great, and had no problems.. last week though,we had a room out the back facing another hotel, which seemed to cater for youngsters more,,and almost every night they were partying till early hours of the morning,,4 / 5am... So if you visit this hotel, and we would again, but only with a pool view room... A room at the back of the hotel is fine, if your out till the early hours..

Room Tip: Get a pool view room....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank daddio2014
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at the Las Vegas Hotel in June for a week with friends . We had a very nice, spotlessly clean room overlooking the side pool Food at the hotel is excellent with a good variety for both breakfast and dinner and everything of a very high standard, hot and fresh, (just one thing I didn't like was one night they didn't replenish the carvery they said no more until the next sitting )I really cannot praise the staff at this hotel enough for their friendly and welcoming approach to guests. There is something about this hotel and it makes guests feel very welcomed, at home and comfortable from the moment that you arrive. Their are 3 pools each with their own sun beds not very many of them they do look the part but are not very comfy a few guests put lilo's on them, but we used to go down the beach most days then go back to the Hotel pool in the afternoon and we could always get a bed then. We didn't stay in the for the nightly entertainment so cannot comment, we used to go out for a walk and visit other hotels. Around and about their Is plenty to do with bars and shops the fountain display at the bottom end of the promenade is excellent and a must see it's only on on a Friday and Saturday night and starts at 10 o'clock. Another night we caught the bus to Cambrills it's very quaint, we also hired bikes from the bike shop which is over the road from the Salou Princess Hotel better value than Hotel prices their is a very safe cycle lane off the main road along the sea front. We will definitely go back again

Room Tip: We had a high floor and had no problems from any noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Kwikyrag
Whitburn. Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

What a cracker of a hotel. Just back from a 2 week holiday. Read some earlier reviews and have to say the following:

In respect of food we were full board and the choice was excellent for each and every meal. For those who have complained about the food choices etc please invite me to your home for lunch. My only negative comment regarding food is that I like mine piping hot so I missed a microwave but that being said time your meal right and everything will be piping hot. The restaurant offered 2 sittings but on asking the restauraunt manager for a change he was extremely amiable and granted my request without any fuss. Problems with allocated tables and mealtimes some guests think that the rules/organisation does not involve them and it is this that messes up the whole schedule. Once again the problem is some guests not the hotel. Theft, no way . As a previous post we left money and cards on our dresser and nothing ever taken. We even left I Pad and MP3 player on sunbeds with no problems. The bar staff including waiters were non stop all the time and during my stay felt the service was excellent. No one member of staff could be singled out because every member of staff whom I had dealings with were extremely friendly, helpfull and courteous exactly how I would expect them to be.
There are 3 pools and as long as you do not walk through reception soaking wet without shoes there was certainly no fuss made.
The hotel was cleaned on what seemed an ongoing basis, cleaning staff alwas on the go. Excellent.
Yes there are charges which in 2014 should be seen as standard for any hotel not just 4 star but I was assured this charging policy was being looked at. Customer comments are listened to and where possible actioned upon.
Best rooms are overlooking the beach. Not the pool. The beach ond on the 4th and 5th floors. You may well be charged a suppliment but if you like relaxing on your balcony in the sun these are the rooms to go for.
All in all this was an excellent 14 days. Yes the hotel needs to tweak things a little but yes I will be back.
The location to the beach, town centre and nightlife is excellent.
As previously stated the Las Vegas is 'A gem in the middle of an oasis'.

Room Tip: Sea view floors 4 and 5 if you like the sun all day. 11.00am until 10.00pm.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank inkingskin
Corsham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just returned from a 5 days holiday. I have stayed in 4 star hotels for 30 years now and I don't think this is 4 star standard.
Positive points - Beautiful reception and lobby area, we were 3 adults staying in a twin room so expected to be squashed in but we were given a disabled room so the room was spacious with a walk in shower. The location was perfect just a really short walk into town and to the beach. Hotel and rooms are spotless clean.
Bad points -
Restaurant - I don't like being told what time to go to eat and ours was 7.00 far to early so I asked reception how I could change it and was told to see the restaurant manager which I did the next evening. When I asked for a later meal time he started shouting at me and proceeded to get his plan out and begrudgingly said I could come at 8.30. Once evening a young couple didn't know the procedure and just sat at a table and he started shouting at them and told them to move (in front of a restaurant full of people, how humiliating). The food was always luke warm with cold plates and definitely was not 4 star quality.
Staff - I asked for an extra room key and was charged 1 Euro!!. I found all staff did not know the meaning of customer service and several times I waited patiently at reception whilst they chatted amongst themselves ignoring me. The only way to get a drink at the bar was to walk up to it order your drink and then tell them where you were sitting and then wait 20 mins for your drink to arrive.
Swimming pools - We went to the quite pool one afternoon and as soon as it was covered in shade wanted to move to the main pool, but that meant getting dressed again as you were not allowed through reception in beach gear (which I agree with) but there should have been another way outside so this didn't happen.
I would never return to this hotel as there much nicer and friendlier places to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank suzy311
Banff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Lovely,clean hotel.Great location for the shops,beach and amenities.Very friendly and helpful staff.We were there as a family with a young granddaughter and all of the staff in the restaurant were extremely friendly to her.Every evening the highchair was at our table waiting for us to arrive and that made us feel that the staff took an interest in their customers.The staff at reception and also the bar staff were always very pleasant.
It was great having a choice of 3 pools.
Will definitely be going back to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Scalloway, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Staff are very helpful and friendly.
Never been let down with this hotel although I do agree with some points others make in that, WiFi should be free as well as the safe and fridge.
Location is fab, food is great (if you can't eat here you really are fussy) and although you are given a slot for dinner, which isn't always good for some people, you just ask on your first visit and they can move your time.
Would highly recommend this hotel, time and time again.
Until now, ( on someone else's post) I have never heard of anyone being the victim of theft at this hotel. I have left money cards and jewellery out on the desk in my room on more than one occasion and never had an issue. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014