Golden Port Salou
Aparthotel CYE Holiday Centre(Salou)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Breakfast included
US$182
US$115
  • Pool
Sol Costa Daurada(Salou)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$109
Melia.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel-Aparthotel Dorada Palace(Salou)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$95
US$95
US$93
1,760 results
All reviewshalf boardbar staffevery nighttea and coffee making facilitiespool arealovely hotelthe michael jackson tributesmall fridgeplenty of choiceplenty of sunbedswalk in showerevening entertainmentaqua gymbranded drinksthomson repsemailed the hotelanimation team
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I have just returned from the best holiday I have had. I traveled alone with my two children aged 10 and 17. I was apprehensive after reading reviews on here but to my delight these were very quickly squashed on arrival. The Hotel was maintained and cleaned to an exceptional level. Our room was bright and the bathroom was awesome. The shower was fab and we had clean towels every day. The staff were very helpful especially all the bar staff, waiting staff and the animation team went above and beyond to entertain from the smallest to the biggest (adult) kids. We had such good fun around the pool with activities to suit all.....The aqua aerobics is a total must especially when Isreal is the lead...The food was of a very high quality and there was defiantly something for even the picky folk....fruit was lush....the meat melted in your mouth......breakfast was a real highlight with cereal....fruit....fresh breads...omelettes...cheeses and hams.....English bacon and eggs....I have no idea how anyone could complain about the food quality and range. There were plenty of sunbeds and several parasols. The swimming pools were a real asset to the hotel. our room was cleaned every day and the maids were very pleasant.. I am baffled to be totally honest how anyone could write a bad review for this hotel......I would highly recommend anyone to book a holiday here......WELL DONE TO EVERYONE WHO WORKS HERE YOU SHOULD BE VERY PROUD

Room Tip: Rerquest pool view with balcony....if you go half board I would highly recommend upgrading to all inclusive.....outstanding value for money
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
15  Thank tcp9
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the Golden Port at 11am and they had our room ready by 1130. I emailed the hotel in advance with room requests and we got what we asked for. The bathrooms have had a makeover since we last stayed 2 years ago. The bathrooms now have a walk in shower which I prefer rather than the over the bath shower. The room and corridor was certainly a lot brighter and fresher since our last visit.
The rooms have a small fridge which is handy for storing bottles of juice/water. The bothroom has a supply of lux shower gel and some individual mini toiletries. There is also a hairdryer in the bathroom which saves packing your own.
The restaurant staff all do an excellent job. I have coeliacs disease and can only eat gluten free so Antonio and Javier from the restaurant were a big help in informing me which food items were gluten free. The restaurant staff were also happy to make me a gluten free pizza or pasta dish.
There was a full programme of entertainment for both adults and children. There is 3 swimming pools with plenty of room although you do still get the morning dash to get sun beds which is quite amusing.
The Golden Port is approximately a 10 minute walk from the beach with shops and bars along the way. You can walk to Portaventura in about 25 minutes or you can get a bus.
Overall an excellent hotel which we thoughly enjoyed and have just booked up again for next year.

• Stayed: July 2014
11  Thank Tracey77_UK
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have not now or ever had any connection to the Golden Port Hotel in Salou other than to be a paying customer of four consecutive years (Last stay previous two weeks)
In all our visits to the hotel we have never witnessed or been treated or greeted by "Grumpy or ignorant staff" . The truth is that the staff are wonderful and made our stay / stays even more pleasant. Yes the hotel needs modernisation/ refurbishment , however that is not the responsibility of the staff. Sadly they appear to be the easy target for some reviewers who are, it appears, in the minority. The reviewer who complained about a child crying next door and a loud coughing from the other was accommodated and the fact they had been accommodated is a testament to the hotel and not grounds for criticism. The reality is that the hotel has began what appears to be a phased refurbishment but, like many other hotels, cannot complete this unless the hotel closes its doors to customers.
Javier, Janire , Carmen, Antonio and the many other staff members in and around the dining room are a fine and extremely pleasant example of what "Customer care" should mean and should not be condemned so quickly by some. The tables ARE cleared as quickly as possible, drinks are ordered and on the table within minutes and the staff do this with a smile.
The rooms do lack some amenities, Wi-Fi being one and better quality bedding being another, again I believe this will be addressed in time so fill in the questionnaire on the return flight rather than moaning on TA and maybe, just maybe the hotel and Thomson will address them.
Regarding the food , well all I can say is that in the previous 150 to 160 times we ate in the hotel we have never had the slightest complaint about either the quality or the range. Every single quirky eater will find there are adequate choices and contrary to what some post THEY ARE CLEARLY IDENTIFIED AND NAMED. Each and every time we visited the bar we were served reasonably quickly, no slower than a busy bar in Falkirk so no cause for complaint there. The bar staff are all pleasant and greet you with a smile so again I fail to see how they can be criticised by some contributors . The "All Inclusive" packages we opt for has never let us down as , again, the meals / drinks / snacks and lunch are always served with a smile.
I agree the hotel is not a four star but , again, the staff more than make up for any inadequacies of the physical structure / décor.Star ratings graded by tour operators are all subjective and not objective so Thomson should be made aware of customers views in the home flight questionnaire before condemning the hotel on TA.
Comments regarding (Paraphrase) "Too many "Russians etc" speak volumes of the contributor and says nothing about the hotel.
Sorry if the review is a bit higglety pigglety but hopefully the relevant points are in there somewhere :)
To end, we will be back next year, god willing, so if in doubt go by the majority views . Whilst not ignoring the poorer reviews the sheer volume of high reviews are probably a better and more accurate indication of what one might expect from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for floor seven, far bigger balconies.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
9  Thank Choagy
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My partner, 10 year old son and I have just returned from a fabulous 10 days stay at the Golden Port. I can't speak highly enough about the staff. Reception, bar, restaurant, cleaning and animation staff were all friendly and helpful. The 2 guys who showed you to a table at meal times were fab and need a special mention. The animation team were amazing. My son took part in all sorts of games and activities throughout the day. They were always on top form and had all the time in the world for the kids. We had a really relaxing time knowing he was having loads of fun. The team worked hard throughout the day and returned to provide evening entertainment. This was on par with what most all inclusive hotels offer, a range of local entertainment, animation shows, bingo and kids disco.
The reception, communal areas and pool areas were all beautiful and well maintained. Rooms were ok size wise but were certainly clean with new towels daily. The food was great, always well presented and a great range to suit all, I for one was never disappointed. The bar had a great range of drinks on offer and a lot was branded not local spirits though I did have to pay 1 euro for disaronno ( though in fairness it was more a treble than a single). They also had Strongbow cider on draft which again was 1 euro a pint. A range of snacks and ice creams were available throughout the day for those on all inclusive which was great for the kids in particular.
The beach was less than a ten minute walk away and Port Aventura was about 25 minute walk. There's a good range of shops, bars and restaurants within 10/15 minutes of the hotel.
We had a fabulous time in this hotel, absolutely no complaints and we met lots of lovely people from various parts of the UK who were as happy as we were with the hotel. I did have some doubts before we travelled after reading previous views on here about cold food, dirty rooms and hard beds etc. However on my return I just think some folk just like to moan!!! I would certainly return to this wonderful hotel and would recommend it to friends. So if you're booked stop worrying about the negative reports you'll have a great time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank trilbyboy
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I came here at the beginning of the summer holidays for 10 nights with my mum (51) two sisters (20 & 8) and my son who is 6. We had trouble with the transport being over subscribed when we were at the airport but that was down to Thomson not the hotel! I was greeted by a lovely lady on reception who dealt with our check in efficiently, we had to pay tourist tax which is 1 euro per adult per night (children didn't have to pay) and you are only charged for a maximum of one week. i think it was 36 euros for a safe and you get 10 back at the end of the holiday. (people who have moaned about these extra charges should always check reviews on tripadvisor before going, and seen as though they are moaning about it they obviously use it!) Although we had booked through Thomson and the tourist tax was never mentioned, which i think is a bit naughty if you don't account for it.

We were on floor 2 (245 & 246) we had also asked for adjoining rooms overlooking the pool, and that is exactly what we were given. The walls are paper thin though, the air con worked fine but my fridge didn't work, wasn't bothered though as i didn't need it. Balconies are quite small if there are more than two of you. The rooms are kept clean every day and fresh towels, although on one occasion they didn't leave any in my mums room and they took a while to bring some up when notified.

The food was fantastic!! Even my mum found something everyday and she is a real fussy eater! The food isn't labelled that well but i would think that is a problem only if you are fussy. it tells you what meat it is. There is a carvery meat every tea time and there is even some Yorkshire puddings some days as well!! The breakfasts are lovely and the croissants are amazing so are the omelettes. The guys that are on the door are really friendly as are the staff in the restaurant except one who let the team down! miserable! You have a meal card where they mark off your meals also.

The bar staff were also really friendly and couldn't be nicer and helpful, i never tipped throughout the holiday and i would say i got great service regardless, i picked the people i felt had given amazing service and tipped them a bigger amount at the end. We were all inclusive.

The first week was fine for getting sun beds, there is meant to be a policy that you can't go out before 7.45, but into the second week some people were seen climbing over bushes to put their towels down. it's annoying when people are reserving 7 beds and 2 people are sat on them all day and no one else had been around them for the entire time we was around the pool. The restaurant also started getting really busy during this week.

We ate out a couple of times and there was an Italian not to far from the hotel and it was excellent! really recommend it i can't remember the name but if you ask at the reception they will tell you that's how we found out about this one. You can hire irons out,but we didn't find this out until the last day! There are lots of branded beers/spirits most of which are included in all inc, and ice creams. There are also ice creams that you can buy and they are lovely! i recommend getting vodka slushes =)!!! We went to portaventura theme park which is really good if you have older children, my son who is 6 could hardly get on anything even in the kids bit, it was also a game of who you got when you got to the end of the queue whether they would let them on if they was a bit smaller, and i'm talking literally 2cm if that that he was short by and he was going on with me. We also went to the aqua park next door and that was really good! We all had an awesome time. We booked this trip with thomson before we went and got the three day two park ticket. We got the receptionist to get us a taxi and there are taxis waiting on the car park to take you back, the price varied quite a bit in these taxis but it was probably about 8-10 euro there and 10-12 back.

The entertainment team was fantastic! especially Israel!! Hilarious is an understatement! I would definitely go back here! The only bug bear was the pillars that are in the way if you don't manage to get a decent seat in the bar area. The music had seemed to get quite a bit louder as the week progressed as well. There is a lifeguard around the pool as well, and i saw a man take samples of water to be tested which is a nice reminder that it gets looked after.

Room Tip: choose a room overlooking the pool, and probably from floor 3 and above if you don't want the noise at night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family