“Ideal position.”

Ranked #44 of 94 Hotels in Salou
London, United Kingdom
“Ideal position.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed 11/10/13 till14/10/13 for3 nights, hotel faultless in everyway clean,spotless,rooms superb .food plenty to choose from each night . Resturant staff really good and very nice manager. Really good stay at a really nice hotel .in a ideal location ,five minute walk to beech plenty shops near buy to look at .plus good bars oppersite hotel .especaily the lizarran tapas which serves very cheap beer . And staff are really friendly open till late .

Room Tip: Was on 2nd floor really nice overlooking pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 100hobo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
West Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Spent a week here at the end of September. It is very clean and tidy with good size rooms. It is however let down by some of the staff particularly in the dining room. The waiting staff snatch plates away almost before you are finished often reaching across others still eating to do so. They are also unfriendly. Reception staff whilst pleasant are painfully slow. The food is perfectly acceptable but not outstanding and I gather from family we were traveling with,who had stayed before, is not as good as it was. All in all reasonable value for money but it could be so much better.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Harvingtonlass
Bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed here with another couple 21st September as we got a good deal from Travel Republic. Firstly, we arrive approx 9.40pm & evening meal was still on, so instead of checking us in we were give our dinner cards & told to go & have our evening meal. Afterwards we went & checked in properly. Took bags to the spacious room, freshened up & went off to explore the night life. There was a reasonable amount of bars & shops in the area so we were very pleased with our choice of location for our hotel. Breakfast was the same every morning but they had my favourite, frittata. Omelettes & freshly made pancakes were also on the menu. Evening meal was varied. The food was of good quality & unless you were very picky you have more than plenty to get by on.
Room as I said was spacious, had air con, safe box & hair dryer in bathroom. Also had a mini bar which you could rent although we didn't bother with this. Our friends had one I the end rooms with the corner balconies, but they did get the double bed, were we had 2 singles pushed together. Hotel was quiet. Pool area was good and had a lifeguard which don't see too often. Not sure why this is a 4*, but it is a nice hotel. We nearly booked the Eurosalou next door, but this one was only £10 more pp per stay & had read the bedrooms were really small. Have no regret booking this one & I know I always say this, but I would defiantly stay here again. The hotel staff were all pleasant & the English restaurant manger was chatty. So if you want to be away from, dare I say it, the typical English end, with a 10 min walk to the beach, then this is a good choice. Rosie's bar just over the road was our local during our stay( we did go to lots of other bars too) & Chris the owner was helpful if you need to know anything bout the area.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms were a good choice.
1 Thank Dollar192
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Beautiful hotel lovely rooms, just a few little things not so good. No
Kettle or tea making facilities and no drawers for storage in rooms, decent size wardrobe but drawer space would be helpful. Lovely pool and poolside but unfriendly pool attendant. Indoor spa but had to pay for this would expect this for free in a four star hotel. Food good but again staff not very friendly except for Gary restaurant manager. Entertainment some nights good but on others dire. Bar in lounge closed and lights out at midnight, and not much atmosphere. Trini Lopez who was in charge of entertainment was wonderful and kept us entertained throughout the day with poolside games aerobics and dancing. We met many lovely people and had a wonderful holiday but would not return to this hotel other than to see the wonderful Trini again.

Room Tip: Rooms at beginning of corridor facing pool on curve of building very small balcony.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Margaret N
Newry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for 10 nights in this hotel during September. On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff, there was a tourist charge of approximately €15.there was also a charge for rental of the fridge and the safe key,we rented a safe but left the fridge. Our room was clean and tidy, it was cleaned daily and I could not fault the cleaners in the slightest. We had a small balcony overlooking the pool with 2 patio chairs on it. The pool area was very quiet, we were always able to get 2 sun loungers side by side. The hotel seems to be popular with Spanish, French and Russian guests who all rise very early.

We stayed half board for our time. The breakfast each morning was from 8.00-10.30 and consisted of a hot breakfast including hash browns or fruit, cereal etc. there was tea and coffee and fruit juices, the breakfast was well worth the money we paid for it however the evening meal ws quite repetitive. Of the 10 nights we stayed, we ate dinner in the hotel about 4 days. We were able to change our dinner to the lunch option which was quite good and we used this on a few days. There was also an option for a picnic if u tell the staff before 7pm the previous evening. Overall I would advise bed and breakfast but for those who enjoy all inclusive the food was ok in the evening.

The location of the hotel is approx a 10 min walk into town centre. It is all on the flat And there is plenty to see so it is an enjoyable walk in the evening.
There is a bus plana advice centre where you can book bus tickets or excursions. The train station is also nearby. I would definitely advise the €1.30 bus trip into Cambrills, the next town over.

The only downside is that the hotel is very quiet in the evening. That may be a positive point for some people. There was some entertainment some of the nights we stayed but it always ended about 11pm and it was Spanish. The bar closes shortly after this so you need to make the walk into town for night time entertainment.

If I was to return to Salou I would consider staying here again but only for bed and breakfast.

1 Thank Tracy A
Doncaster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

Had 4 nights at this hotel whilst visiting our son who was working in Salou. First impression was very good and we had a nice clean room over looking the pool. However, the food was not that great, not 4* , the coffee and orange juice was undrinkable and the food was either bland or very salty. 80% of the guests were Russian so we thought the food was prepared for them as Salou seems to be setting up to rely on the Russians.
The area where the hotel is, is residential and the local bars do not seem to like tourist and seem to charge locals one price and tourists another. Don't think we will go back to Salou again but we do like Spain.

1 Thank jetmap
Northern Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

My partner and I have just got back from a 7 night stay here. The weather was beautiful most days 30 - 31! I was very surprised!

To start off...the hotel looked beautiful on arrival. Check in however there where some problems. There was only 1 lady (who was very nice) working and there was about 15 couples waiting for check in. So that took some time think we were standing for about 45mins!

We were staying on the second floor in a pool view room. I was happy about this as the view from the front of the hotel isn’t very nice, you are looking out to run down buildings.
The room was lovely, very big and clean! Nice balcony. I was under the impression you had to pay for air con this was not the case however in are room. As air con was on. We did however have to pay for the fridge which I think is a bit of a downfall, as well as a 5euro deposit for the fridge key! The fridge is 2 euro a day!
The cleaners came to the room every day. I don’t want to be picky and complain about petty things but I no how some people like spotless rooms. The towels were changed everyday if you place the used ones in the bath. However I had gotten some make up on one of the hand towels and placed it in the bath, and the cleaner just took it out and hung it back out and the make up stains were clearly visible??
Also they don’t give the room a though clean each day, it’s really a towel change, empty the bin and a quick sweep around the floor.

The pool was lovely. Very clean I have to say. We never had a problem with any files or insects at all.

The spa and the gym was a let down. Not only did they over charge for the usage but to say you have a gym when there is 2 treadmills and a poor selection of weights isn’t 4star standard

Hotel entrainment....aww Trinny!! This woman is like a Durrell bunny! You have to give her credit she tries her best to keep any one who wanted to be entrained happy, she played a range of pool games through out the day!
I cannot say what night life entrainment was like as we went out every night.

Food…well firstly I was very disappointed on our first day as went down for lunch as we were only off the play and starving, I threw on a maxi skirt and a crop top...to be informed by the restaurant manager that my clothes were not suitable and was asked to change....oh dear!! And coming from the man who was wearing a worn black suit, a black shirt and a WHITE tie! I was not happy! It’s called fashion people!!!!
But however we ate breakfast and went for the lunch option every day. The food was standard I basically lived on chips and pasta all week. It was nothing special at all. And for all you coffee lovers the coffee is horrible from the machine n the restaurant.

The resort… you are close to shops and few bars and restaurants. If you come out of the hotel and turn right and go down the street about 5 min walk on your right there is a lovely we café that does beautiful coffee. I can’t remember the name but it has lime green seats out front.
But if you’re looking more of a pumping nightlife it’s about a 30 min walk away!
The beaches are beautiful about 10min walk from hotel.
We went on a trip to Barcelona to the football stadium then the magic foundations at night. Would really recommend this trip. We booked with the place across the road from our holiday and it cost us 31.00 euro each were as with the Thomas cook rep it was costing 57 euro!!
But have to say our rep was a man called Richard and he was very good and very helpful

On a hole we had a good time. Have to say I wouldn’t return to this hotel as it is in a very quiet area and the youngest person staying was around 50.
I would recommend eating out at night rather than the hotel as there is some lovely places and unless you like fish (with the bones) or pork your going to be living on chips.

1 Thank HelsBels-23