“Great entertainment and value for money”

Ohtels Vil.la Romana
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Salou
“Great entertainment and value for money”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a fantastic stay at this hotel. Ideally situated for portaventura just a ten minute walk also close to beach and shops. The highlight was most definitely the entertainment staff they work so hard to keep everyone happy and showed a high level of professionalism with the children, our kids just loved them. Everynight there was a diffrent show from acrobatic to singers. All the staff where really friendly and all the amenities were kept clean and tidy. The only criticism I could possibly find is that the rooms could do with a set of chest of draws.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Steph L
Dear Clients,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

We are looking forward to have you here back to the Hotel very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Polish first
soth wales
Reviewed 29 May 2014

fantastic hotel for a family good food brilliant childrens mini club 1o min walk to the port aventura. land trains outside hotel every 15 min we will return most definetly. salou seafront 10 min walk with kids in tow really nice seafront with a long safe beach and so flat ideal to hire cycles

Room Tip: even numbers overlook pool area can be noisy we had odd number room overlooking footpath and anotthe...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank lyngracymru
Dear Clients,

Thank you very much for choosing our Hotel and for all your comments.

Looking forward to have you here again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everything about this place screams four stars when you walk into it. Dive a little deeper and there's just something not quite right. It has the potential to be awesome. The staff are great, the location is great, plenty of food and choices. Pools are more than adequate even if you do have to wear a swimming cap indoors. By the way, for folks moaning about kids being in the pool. Get a grip. While the gym IS for adults only the indoor pool IS NOT and as long as their there with an adult, under 16s are allowed in the pool area and to use the pool. Entertainment was fantastic but some of the shows could be a little risque for some travelling with kids. Talking of the entertainment, they need to get the area sorted out in the bar. Nowhere near enough seats and if your not fast you'll struggle for a table. Infact even if you get one, unless its one near the stage you'll struggle to see anything as there's concrete pillars all over the place blocking your view. Rooms where a let down as well. Nowhere near big enough for 4 people. Two singles and a sofa bed but after a few days we had to give up on the sofa bed as its the most uncomfortable thing ever. This ment 4 of us in two single beds and they were bad enough when there was only one of us in them. Stayed in 100s of hotels but these were the worst beds ever.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank scottishlobos
Dear Clients,

Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions, We have already wrote them down.
We are working on them.

Hope to see you back here in the Hotel.

Yours sincerely
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was our 4th visit to the Vil.la Romana and I'm glad to say that the standards seen prior to our 3rd visit have been restored! My last review wasn't quite as good as previous ones. We were there for 14 nights, arriving 2nd May and, once again, were checked-in right away. The room, on the 4th floor was by far the best yet at this hotel - big glass fronted balcony, pool view, afternoon sun.

The food was amongst the best at any of the many Spanish hotels we've visited over the years. If any reviewers have any adverse comments about the food then they can't be very imaginative. The selection at both breakfast and dinner was vast, well presented and properly cooked. If you're prepared to "mix and match" then your meals become even more adventurous. A special mention goes to Antonio (the dining room's Mr. Meet & Greet) who was always very welcoming. Also Henry, who cooks the world's best omelettes at breakfast - don't miss out on these.

As usual, we didn’t go to the evening entertainments nor to the pools so can’t comment on those, although the outdoor pool was used a lot so, presumably, was reasonably warm.

I can only come up with 2 criticisms of the Vil.la Romana. On arrival, the towels in our room were all new ones. Throughout our stay, when towels were changed, most were the old worn-out ones - which we wouldn't give house room to. In the dining room there are 2 microwave ovens for guests to use. One of them should be condemned on the grounds of electrical safety (I'm an electrical engineer) and neither of them rotate the internal plate and must, therefore be rotated by hand every few seconds in order to achieve anything.

Please look at my previous reviews for Vil.la Romana as most of the sentiments and comments expressed in them still stand.

Notes to Management:
New, fluffy towels don't need laundering as often as old worn-out ones as they work three times as well. Think of the environment.
Two new microwave ovens won't break the bank.

Notes to Management:
Two new microwave ovens won't break the bank.

Room Tip: Floors 1,2 & 5 (top floor) have solid fronts to balconies. Floors 3 & 4 have glass fronts...
2 Thank PaellaPete
Dear Clients,

Thank you very much for all your very good tips. We are already working on them.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

First off, I'd like to say that I'm someone with pretty day-umn high standards. I was initially nervous as some of the reviews were hit or miss, but there was nothing to worry about. The staff are amazing, for a start. Originally, I thought that some of the waiting staff were a bit stiff/rude but when I saw some of the customers they had to put up with I understood why! Most of the children were well behaved but you did get the odd couple in our last day or so that were nightmares. However, the staff were amazing with them. I'm not a fan of kids but the reps really kept them under wraps beautifully. There is a lot to do for kids, and families there. The entertainment wasn't our cup of tea as I think it wasn't best aimed at young 21 year olds but we did get pretty chummy with one of the barmen there. I can tell you that they don't do measurements out there!

It was always clean and the atmosphere was great. The reps were beyond amazing, and hilarious. Food was... alright. I'm a vegetarian so I wouldn't have the best opinion on it. My boyfriend said the meat was amazing though. Breakfasts were nice. I ate a lot, but that's because the sun and activities tire you out -not because the quality was to an amazing standard. There's something for everyone, so that's always a good thing. The tea isn't very nice though. I've gotta' say that.

You're about 5 minutes walk into Salou centre, 10 minutes to the beach and about 15/20 minutes to Port Aventura. It is fantastically located and you NEED to go to Port Aventura. It's simply... the best thing in Salou. About an hour and a bit away is Barcelona and that was nice. We did the zoo and had free time in the centre. Try not to book anything through the reps in the hotel as it is expensive. There are plenty of different ways to do it in Salou. Plenty of people speak English, but try and not get suckered into very pub/bar you pass like us!

Not many negatives really. The walls aren't the thickest. But I think that is how it is with most hotels. Some of the other guests were a bit irksome. I found it really off-putting as a lot of the older guests would just sit and stare at you at dinner. But I'm really picking here. I would 100% suggest to anyone to come here. It's been a day and I already miss it!

Also! The TVs have USB ports. Bang some films on a USB as there are only two really rubbish English channels.

Room Tip: Higher floors for less noise, but try and face the pool as I'm sure that would be nicer than loo...
2 Thank Danni G
Dear Clients,

Thank you very much for all your comments and suggestions. We write down them all, and we are going to work on them in order to improve our hotel.

shropshire
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel is well managed lovely staff clean spacious rooms and very welcoming to all .The food is very good plenty of choice for adults and children but dining room very busy at all times,This is a family hotel and the staff are lovely to all the children having lots going on for everyone. The security man Abib in reception is a real gent to everyone and deserves all the tips !!! Another lovely guy in dining room Lazaro friendly everyday and smiling. I think the manager should be very proud of his staff who work very hard and so does he speaking to all the guests and always around.We have been 3 times and will be returning again so that says it all ! There are no bad things to say and its noisy guests that spoil it for others and should think of others when shouting in their rooms.

3 Thank lordwaverley
Dear Clients,

In name of all Staff, I woulkd like to thank you for choosing our establishment, and we hope to see you back here very soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

What can i say? I had read a few of the previous reviews and the mind boggles as to where some of these opinions comes from! I respect and understand its down to personal discretion an taste but honestly visiting the Vil.la Romana will show its true potential if your care to take part. My self and my partner are both in our early 20's and we throughly enjoyed our stay!
The walk up to the hotel from a reasonably short transfer was a great start. There is a circular patch of grass with the hotels name across the lawn wrapped in ivory beautifully presented! And to walk into lobby everywhere was clean open and the decor was amazing the ceiling walls had brilliant pieces of art across everywhere! Check in was smooth, fairly quick and we where asked about our preferences, we asked for a pool view and we where not disappointed! I have posted a picture to show the view and how incredible it was. The room its self was very clean! And cleaned on a regular basis by very friendly staff who in our case went our of their way to be accommodating! My partner who smokes had been using the small disposable cups as an ashtray for the first night, the following day they had left an ashtray which i felt was thoughtful! The room keys i was concerned about as this was the one main thing i had read about before the visit and i have to say we did not have any issues throughout our stay.
The food and drink: We were half board you had the option of either having lunch or dinner as the secondary meal and if you were on a day trip as we did you could ask for a pack lunch and the hotel would provided this for you. There was plenty of choice for all meals; breakfast, lunch and dinner. One thing i did appreciate was the fact is was self served as this gave u the opportunity to try things at your own leisure rather than pick something i may not have liked. The food was regularly checked and was very nice with a lot of variety including english options too. The staff were friendly and attentive. In the bar and entertainment lounge the staff were again very attentive and friendly making the effort to speak to you and come and take your drink order meaning you did not have to go prop up the bar or wait around. The beer and drink were good and the spirits were all recognisable brands used and the cocktails where yummy and very well presented!
The entertainment: this was what made my holiday!! Through the pool (which was lovely) of a day time my self and my partner had plenty to choose from activity wise for example we played; table tennis, water polo, darts among other things. There was music played poolside throughout the day too, as well as plenty of space and a well presented and clean area to spend time, an there is outdoor bar available for drinks and snacks eg pizza, sandwiches and local cuisine eg calamari. This made the guests all bond and the reason for the amazing atmosphere was the animacion staff Toni, Esteben and Pepito! These really made my holiday. The evenings entertainment was even better! Toni made a huge effort with us and made u feel welcome and part of the evening as did Esteben and Pepito! If the hotel did not have these entertainers it would not be the same! As i mentioned we are a young couple but this hotel and the three guys where so children orientated constantly teaching the children dances, singing, running around play games holding competitions etc. It was truly heart warming to watch Toni and Esteben pick up the children and laugh and giggle with them! These two were completely made for the job they are one of the main reason for further visits. We will 100% be visiting the Romana and our friends there again!*

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Tasha B
Dear Clients,

Thank you very much for your comments.

We are looking forward to have you here with us again!!!