Ohtels Vil.la Romana
Aparthotel Best Da Vinci Royal(Salou)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$68
US$61
  • Beachfront
Sol Costa Daurada(Salou)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$123
US$180
US$169
  • Pool
Ona Jardines Paraisol(Salou)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$75
US$193
US$181
2,786 results
All reviewsanimation teamhalf boardevery nighttheme parkindoor poolport aventurathemed nightsstir fryfoam partyinflatable slidethe sofa bedreception staffevening mealplenty of choicewater polosteam roomrestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Just arrived home from a fantastic 5 night stay at this hotel, I have never written a review before but thought this hotel totally deserves one.

I arrived at the hotel on the Thursday with my daughter aged 9, we checked in with no hassles and went to our room to drop off the cases before heading for dinner. The food was amazing with soooo much to choose from, there was not a day when it I felt like the high standards were slipping. The staff are great, very pleasant, all of the waitresses were lovely and the waiters. After lunch we usually went to the main stage area which is located next to the pool, straight away the entertainers are on it, dancing with the kids, interacting with the adults. You have three guys and one woman, all 4 are amazing, I don't know where they get there energy from, my daughter and I particularly like the chap who walks around in the morning asking if you want to play bowls, pool, darts etc, he is a good guy and deserves credit for his ability to do what he does so well. So thank you. Photo attached!

The pool is large with plenty of space to have fun. The life guard is on the ball and doesn't mind people diving, inflatable's etc... he is always there walking the pool area and again he is friendly and very helpful. The hotel is very clean and the cleaners who clean the rooms do a great job. We had late flights home and were able to store our luggage in a room near the indoor pool, this was at no cost and when we had finished the day we were able to collect them and use the changing facilities.

Down sides: People get up so early to put the towels out, so get up early if you want a place to park your backside for the day... I was lucky as it was father and daughter so I could squeeze in between families. The other down side is you need to pay for your drinks at lunch and dinner, they should allow for the juice machine to be switched on in these hours. These are the only two things I can think of, so 10/10 guys.

I would like to say a huge THANKS to everyone at the hotel for making my daughter have such a wonderful time, we will definitely be back next year!

Stuart and Ella

Room Tip: If you plan on going to sleep before the entertainment finishes then dont have a pool view room!!
1  Thank Stuart F
Pau A, Gerente at Ohtels Vil.la Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Stuart and Ella,

Thank you very much for your review!!!

We wrote down all your suggestions.

We really hope to see you back here very soon!!!

We send you a big hug from all the Staff, specially from your entertainment team!!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Arrived at 7pm and despite having a booking confirmation guaranteed by hotels.com we didn't get a room until 2pm the next day. We were forced to stay in a sub standard sister hotel for one night which wasn't good. The next morning we found out that families that arrived after us on the same night got their room without any problems. When we questioned this we were not given a satisfactory explanation. In hindsight it's best to stand your ground and even sleep on the reception sofas until you get a room. These are preferable to the sister hotel.
This tainted our opinion of the hotel with the holiday getting off to a poor start having wasted a full day by the time we got a room, had to wait for a new safe to be fitted and eventually got unpacked.
We were offered free wine and water as a sweetener and upgraded to full board. We didn't want full board as we didn't intend to stay at the hotel during the day, and the wine wasn't palatable so I asked for the in-room safe free of charge. That request was granted but we had to waste more time getting a safe fitted before we could unpack.
Some of the food is very good and some is distinctly average with a good selection in the evening. The breakfast selection of pre-cooked food is very poor but if you have time you can queue for fresh omelet’s, freshly squeezed juice and pancakes.
If you choose to spend the day at the pool there is plenty of entertainment and a selection of activities which vary over the course of the week.
The air conditioning unit is fairly quiet so can be left on overnight. The room size is good with a sofa bed and two single beds pushed together.
Rooms on the upper floors facing the pool mean you can watch the evening entertainment but not be annoyed by the noise if you choose not too.

Room Tip: Upper floors facing the pool are better. Facing the pool means you can see the entertainment from your room while not having to listen to the entertainment from neighbouring hotels. The second third and fourth floors have glass fronts to the balconies while the fifth floor balconies have solid walls with hindered views of the pool area.
2  Thank Martin D
Pau A, Gerente at Ohtels Vil.la Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Clients,

First of all thank you very much for your comprehension. We apologise for any inconvinience we could cause.

I remember you from the beggining because I explained you personally the reasons why we had to move you for one night to the next Hotel and I did try my very best for you since the beggining.

Unfortunately sometimes we are not able to solve the problems immediately and we do need a bit more of time.

If you decide to come back at any time I will personally take care of you, I will make your holidays very special.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

From start to finish thoroughly enjoyed the trip.Thomsons are a very Helpful Company to deal with.
Vil La Romana was lovely,food very high standard.Staff in all areas of Hotel most helpful.Pool area
Lovely with lots of activities for young and older!Overall very clean.Also very close to shops,beach,
and PortAdventura.definitely worth a visit!many excursions to try too not enough time.Would have liked to go to Barcelona its quite close by.Would definitely go back to this Resort and Hotel.

Room Tip: Facing Pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Margaret M
Pau A, Gerente at Ohtels Vil.la Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Clients,

You are encouraging us to keep on going with all those noche comments!!!

Thank you very much for your confidence on us.

We are looking forward to having you here again very soon!!!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Just returned from a 9 day stay at the Villa Romana hotel in Salou. Overall very pleased with everything about the hotel but just a couple of small gripes. Breakfast is served between 8am-11am but they start clearing the food and tables at around 10.45 so if you wake up a bit late you aint gonna be left with much options however the food & service is quite good & certainly plentiful. My only other gripe is the sunbeds/loungers around the pool. There are lots of them but obviously not enough as by 10.30 pretty much all of them have been taken/reserved! On 3 seperate occasions a group/family of 3 had reserved 3 sunbeds early in the morning & then gone out for the day but returned around 4pm! I think the hotel could address this issue easily by not allowing sunbeds to be reserved & monitor unused/reserved sunbeds every hour or so! Finally i would like to praise the reception staff who were always proffesional & polite especially Montse who was very helpful in helping me make travel arrangements to Valencia

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank hastilow66

Dear Clients,

Thank you very much for your confidence on us and for all your comments.

We have our buffet double make it, because of the numbers of guests. At 10,45h we start clearing the second buffet, but you have the all choice in the first one. It is just optimisation in order to avoid waste of food.

About the sunbeds we have tried many different options, but at the end the clients they are always reserving the sunbeds. So we decided to put in charge of the pool our lifeguard, he is controlling the sunbeds they are not used, so when a client needs to have sunbeds, he is removing the towels from the sunbeds they have been not used for a long time, and providing you sunbeds at any time. It is been working fine.

We really hope to have you here back again very soon!!!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was pretty much what I expected from a family resort but I would grade this as a 3* hotel.

Arrived on an early flight but couldn't get into room until after 1.30pm (however check-out is by 10.00am). Rooms are very basic, but clean. Bed was not the most comfortable but again, pretty much expected that! Walls very thin - could hear next door and room above, especially when they got in after 01.00am....! There is free wifi throughout the hotel.

Food is of a good standard, plenty of variety and is constantly being replenished. Good selection for kids too.

Animacion team were great, lots for the kids to do and the team had bags of energy! Pool is pretty small for the size of the hotel, and beware, all sunbeds are gone by about 9.00am so you need to get down and reserve with a towel if you want to spend the day there.....(I hate doing that but when in Rome....).

The best part for me was the 45 minute massage for just 40Euros - one of the best massages I have ever had!

The beach is about a 5 minute walk away, via plenty of shops and restaurants. Salou is a nice resort, perfect for families with children. Plus, the hotel is a short transfer from the airport which is a bonus.

Overall we had a great stay but would probably try a different hotel if we went back.

3  Thank Philberry
Pau A, Gerente at Ohtels Vil.la Romana, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Clients,

Thank you very much for your comments. Also thank you very much because you choose our hotel for enjoying your holidays.

I do realice you did not like the room, so maybe if you are coming back you can get in touch with me, I will try my very best to get you another lovely room. We don't have complaints about noise because of the thin walls, but maybe your neighbours were a bit too noisy. In that case I recomend you to contact reception or Management to stop them immediately.

We really would like to have you here once again as a Clients. We will try our very best to please you.