“Fantastic place to stay”
Review of Royal Apartments

Royal Apartments
Ranked #82 of 93 Hotels in Salou
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

These apartments are great very nice rooms, we had 3 rooms between our family all the lower floor ones were excellent all air conditioning. The one on the 5th floor needed work,but as a base to stay in you cant beat it. The sun loungers are never taken as all the young people are out all night partying. The Titanic bar is cheap for drink and food. And you are not far away from the centre and port aventura. I would go back and so would the rest of my family. There is some noise from the disco but not much.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank lovingitnot

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We've just arrived back from royal apartments salou after 14 days I would recomend to any one please do not go there had no sleep at all due to night club next door and people partying till 7 in the morning please don't go

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Angie H
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed in the apartment for a week at the end of August 2013 with three of my friends. We were shocked to discover that you are only allowed one toilet roll for the four of us for the week and two towels. I wouldn't have minded this if we were informed of this before we left to insure I had enough money with me to buy these extra things. I also was very disappointed and shocked to discover that we wouldn't get our deposit back until we sent any email to them when we got back because we had to leave before 9.30 to catch our flight which wouldn't give the maintenance time to look at our room. What made things even worse is that, when we gave back the key and tired to get the deposit back we were told we should of informed them the day before if we were checking out before 9.30 so the maintenance could check our room. It would of been nice to have been informed of this before hand. The apartments provide no entertainment but it was readily availabe in the surrounding area. If you like peace and quite in the place you stay don't stay here as there is a fireworks show every night in portadventure which is easily heard from the apartments, which all have balconies and outdoor furniture, also as it is located on the edge of the main roundabout into Salou it has constant noise from passing traffic and pub goers. There is a very nice restaurant called the Titanic just down stairs from the apartments and it is accessible from the pool. The food is amazing and there is a great range of options on the menu so everyone will be pleased. The meals are great value for money as the portion sizes are huge. The restaurant also airs all the most important matches and x-factor. The best irish pub is danny boy which is within walking distance from the apartment. The apartments are about a 15 minute walk from portaventura and about 5minutes from the main beach of Salou, which I would definitely recommend going to both of them. However I would recommend buying your tickets before arriving as its roughly €10 cheaper per person. The apartments were close to everything you would ever need, shops, supermarkets, pubs, restaurants, beach, bus stop, train station etc. I would recommend going on a day trip to Barcelona which cost €20 on the bus or €16.40 on the train per person but as with any holiday you much watch your things like a hawk. When I was on the train my purse was stolen which had the key to the apartment in it. When I went to the apartment office to inform them of this when I returned from Barcelona late, they were very unsympathetic telling me it was my own fault and that I had to go to the police station there and then. It couldn't wait till the next day so I had to walk to the police station at 11 o' clock as I had no money to get a taxi. When I returned to the office with the police statement I was informed I would have to pay 40 euro to change the lock, which I had to ask my friend to take out of her card. The office was about a 5 minute walk from the apartments which have a gated entrance. If I wasn't for one of my friends looking up the Internet for directions before we left I wouldn't of known where it was. If the bus drops you at the apartments to get to the office you have to cross the road on your right if your facing the apartments and keep going straight until you reach a restaurant called the lazy wave. There you turn left and you will see the Bristol apartments office on your right. I would give it a 4 out of 10 and that's only or the location.I turely understand the meaning of cheap and cheerful now.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Apriljones13
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel in July 2012. The room was quite basic, but had everything that you need. Some rooms have washing machines to wash towels etc which is a plus. The rooms are extremely clean, although the towels and bedding are only changed on the day that you arrive, which was fine for me. They do supply a set of spare bedding and towels in the room but you have to change them yourself. The hotel rooms all have balconies, although only some have tables and chairs, most do have chairs though. Each room has a TV too which has the Disney Channel for kids.Our hotel room had a sofa, which converted into a bed and a bedroom with twin beds. The bathroom had a shower over the bath and worked perfectly. The hotel is right in the middle of Salou, so has easy access to clubs, the beach and the town; everything is right on your doorstep. The pool is quite big, and not very busy. There is a lovely restaurant, called the Titanic, which can be accessed through a door at the side of the pool. As this hotel is self catering we ended up buying a lot of food from the supermarket around the corner. We quickly realised however, that having meals at the Titanic restaurant worked out cheaper than buying from the supermarket. They have a large menu, so something for everyone. I had no problems with any staff, although you don't really see any of them. The only down side to this hotel is that the main reception is 2 streets away, so you have to check in there, and then find your own way to the hotel. You will be given a key at the reception that you have to use at the main gate of the hotel to get in. Also at the main reception, you can put a deposit down for a safe. We kept all of our valuables in this safe. The main reception is on the way to most locations that you would visit, so we didn't have to go out of our way to get money etc. There is also a bus just around the corner from the hotel that goes to PortAdventura, which is only a 10 minute drive away. I would recommend visiting PortAdventura 100%. I think that if there wasn't the option of visiting this theme park and its water park, the holiday would have been quite boring at times during the 2 week stay. I would give the holiday 4 and half stars, but for the hotel a 3. I have stayed at a lot better, but I think this one was brilliant for a self catering hotel and for the money.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Jazzylou310
Reviewed 4 July 2013

In order to enter the gated appartments we had to visit the office for Brisasol office for our keys. Because we travelled on a Sunday we were sent away from the office 3 times and finally entered the appartments 4 hours later. The cleaners were still there and we waited in the hallway. When we did get in we were confronted with a filthy bathroom and a plastic bag filled with towels and sheets, this was the last we saw of the cleaners. We were pre warned by co-op that a deposit of 50 euros per person was required. We asked them how we could get this back as we were leaving at 7am on the Sunday morning and they would not be open. We were told to phone our bank and ask for a code to payit into when we returned home, when i said i wasn t happy with that could she take my debit card details and refund the cash she said no. After phoning home and getting our credit card details, we visited the office 5 times, queueing each time for ages and being given numerous excuses we received our refund and the girl took my debit card number. This was the only thing that ruined our holiday as they were so rude and it was time that could have been spent enjoying ourselves.

Room Tip: simple things like replacing the black out blinds for ones that weren t ripped would imrove the slee...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Co-op Travel
1  Thank JacquelineJenman
Reviewed 29 September 2012

having booked first and then read some reviews, i was dreading this holiday, but was pleasantly surprised with the apartments. was clean and spare sheets for the beds were provided along with towels etc... ok so theres a few cracks in the plaster, who cares. gr8 central location and a gr8 place to stay.

Room Tip: a foom to the back of the apartment wud be better to keep down noise from traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We have just come back from a fab 17 day holiday with ferris,
we went to salou and stayed at the Royal Apartments, and i have to say what a difference a year makes, while we were there last year we were robbed of money and jewellery and found the staff very unhelpful, but we decided to return this year basically because of the pool area, but what a pleasant surprise, we arrived there at 10.30 and was not expecting to get the keys to the apartment until late afternoon but when we went to check in we were given our keys at twelve o'clock so there was no waiting around with our suit cases, when we entered the apartment it was spotlessly clean with lovely white crisp bedding on the beds,
i really cant fault the apartment, having said that we didnt ever leave anything of value around, during our stay, we had a visit from Mr Ferris himself, he came over and introduced himself and had a chat with us which i thought was a really nice touch, the journey home was a bit tiring but i have to say the drivers and the hostess do an absolute fantastic job and really do look after you, i really hope Mr Ferris keeps the Royal Apartments because we will definately be booking to go again next year.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family