“Excellent value for money already planning a return trip in 2015!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of H.TOP Molinos Park

H.TOP Molinos Park
Ranked #69 of 95 Hotels in Salou
“Excellent value for money already planning a return trip in 2015!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

We planned a relaxing trip away with a budget and this hotel didn't disappoint. The food was excellent, the bar service superb and the rooms although maybe a little basic served their purpose as we weren't in them hardly as the sun was out so we were layed next to the pool. However the biggest thank you I have to give is to a lifeguard called Sebastian I think (shaved head). I have epilepsy and I had a seizeure on my sun lounger. He came across to us immediately to make sure we're all ok however in the room a little later I had another so he called an ambulance and stayed with us to make sure we were ok. So these remarks on tripadvisor slating the hotel are wrong. Great hotel, great staff, we all had a great holiday. Get booking!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank Aorbusa380

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Absolute hell hole spent a week here all inclusive... All inclusive normally includes everything... Not here slush puppies ice cream Internet even the telly remote has to be paid for... Sitting in the reception waiting for my bus to take me to the airport... Hungry and tired.. Won't be back now my all inclusive rights have been revoked as its hotel policy to stop at 12... Absolute nonsense I've never had this problem in any other all inclusive but then the others were actually all inclusive unlike this rat infested hell hole.. Staff awful.. Food awful.. Drink yup you guessed it awful.. Don't come here ever..

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Salou hotels

united kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

stayed a week here, left Saturday night and I could not wait to get home! The food was horrible, drinks were watered down, the room was so disgusting the toilet was vile and the shower curtain was stained. You could not have a decent sleep as its so. load we could here people snoring and everything, one early morning you could hear furniture being moved around and it sounded like it was in your room!! We couldn't leave the balcony doors open because you could smell next door smoking! Entertainment was rubbish to. We were all inclusive but always drank and ate out. The staff in the pubs nearby are lovely we went to the knights inn everynight down the road drinks and food were good and reasonable priced. I advice people not to come to this hotel there are so much better ones around and definitely better ones closer to Salou.

Room Tip: Just don't go here
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carla B
Forfar, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Just back from a one week all incl trip with my 6 year old lad (1st 0ct-8th Oct 2013). Weather was great which obviously is outwith the hotels thing but worth mentioning for the time of year. All incl food was ok, certainly wouldn't go hungry, some foods a bit boney but plenty to eat. If you like sweets there are loads of them and fruit by the bucket loads. Waitresses were polite and very good at their job. Snacks were unfortunately in the same place, well away from the pool (up 2 floors) which was a bit of a pussy but manageable and open all day during the bar hours.
Drinks and meals (not snacks) are done with a plastic card like a credit card which is swiped against the till so could probably be easily lost as opposed to a wristband.. You get all your drinks in half pint tall plastic glasses which as a beer drinker is not great but again not much to moan about as you get two at a time anyway and I often saw people get 2 Baileys, Vodkas etc.
Entertainment: There is a kids group with Roberto, Charolette and Vio that take the kids from 10:30 for games and arts n crafts, they can even go to lunch together if you give them your kids card, they then do other stuff till 3pm which is fabulous if you just want some time alone by the pool, kids love them and they are great with them. They also take the adults in the afternoon for darts and rifle shooting which I did and is good fun. Night time entertainment starts around 9m and is again brilliant, starts we kids disco for half hour then bingo then whatever the main event is. We had an amazing magician show, a beatles band and a singer on the nights I was in the bar at nights and all were superb.
Staff: Very friendly which must be tough on the bar staff esp when there is often a queue at the bar for drinks but they do a great job. Recepion were good too on the odd occassion I had problems with my toilet flushing, it was soon fixed. There is an English older lady called Sandra who sorts out excursions or gives you advice just where to get on and off the bus to get somewhere and she is also ace. I booked to see Barcelona v Valladolid on Saturday we her, great experience, we were 200 euro, if you can afford it , do go! Tierno is the nightime secuirity man who starts at 9pm and is great, always had a sweety for my boy as we headed for bed and took time to teach us some basic spanish words.
Hotel: Clean enough and rooms sorted and cleaned daily. Pool at the time of year was fairly busy but plenty of beds to go around and there is a lifeguard on duty too. There is also a Jacuzzi at the roof for over 18s with a bar but being a single dad I never got up there but heard it was decent. The hotel itself is up a steep hill maybe 100 yards max from where the bus will drop you off so might be tough if your struggling to walk. There is a Spar shop and Buses to near everywhere are right on the doorstep and a walk into main Salou is around 25 mins. There is a small sandy cove beach only 5 mins down the hill though which is adequate enough for paddling, lazing, swimming etc.
Overall view: Hotel was good, it is 3 stars so you get what you pay for and I hate it when people complain about this and that and expect 5 stars. Your paying for 3 stars so expect 3 stars. I rate it very highly and would certainly return as I had a great time as did my boy. During my time there, I never heard anyone say they wouldn't come back again. Great stay for me!
Arthur (Forfar, Scotland)
Iv rated fitness centre as terrible but only because I dont know if there was one, saem for room service as never asked if available! There is no n/a option.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel get no sun at all.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
cumbria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed for four nights we had a fantastic break, rooms were basic but clean bathrooms were spotless with hair dryer and good hot powerful showers, the food was excellent choices of 3 meats, vegetables chips. Potatoes pasta and rice daily lots of fruit, cakes icecreams jelly etc daily plus a full English breakfast if required the staff are friendly polite and helpful Sandra the guest advisor is an asset to the hotel she will give you all the info on trips, buses to salou, tarragona, la Pineda, cambrills etc we used the buses to visit all the places above and easy and cheap way to get out and about the entertainment was good plenty to watch. We will definitely be returning next year for another 4 night break. We didn't have any complaints regarding this hotel.

2 Thank vickie123cumbria
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago in 2000, at that time it was very noisy and u could hear the entertainment from our room which was on the 6th floor. We had this as a cheap holiday it was allocation on arrival and wouldn't have picked this as our own choice but it was ok. The food was ok and the hotel had a nice pool and playpark for our son who at the time was 3 years old. The hotel was a bit far our and we regularly walked to the beach which would take around 20 mintues and sometime we caught the bus. I love Salou and wish to take our kids back there the beach was very clean and there was loads of things to do and the waterpark was also fun. The only thing we didn't do ws go to port Aventura as felt for the money our son was too wee to go at that time but would definitely go the next time we go.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Oh... Molinos...
We read reviews here before we left with full optimism of beach, pool, eating and drinking. First impressions were overall, average to very good. We were situated on the 3rd floor entrance side. Dated room, but we knew this. The problem was not the staff. Most grafted very hard, had a laugh and tried to make sure we were catered for. The bar staff looked a little under pressure but were never slacking and damn good. Diego, knew how to make a drink... But... this is were were we started to find problems. Drinks are served in less than 250ml plastic cups, with sharp edges, and were recycled for god knows how many years. The drinks were watered down as it could take 15-20 drinks over the day and you would still not even be slightly merry, vodka-wise this is. Beer was Estrella, cheap and cheerful, and the Sangria was linked to the same python line and tasted totally different to say, buying a pitcher of Sangria from the bar, but this cost money for said pitcher, around €6. and it was just over 2 pints.

Wifi costs €20 a week and you can only really use it in your room or the reception area with weak signal and with a €1 fee to use the computers in the lobby. Look around elsewhere to use it as it's free for customers in bars and restaurants in town

Daily the rooms were cleaned and mopped well on both the floors we stayed on, if we were around we just asked for fresh towels.

The rooftop bar was only open from 11-1 then 3-5, but as this was ending the season, it's adaptable. Drinks from the roof were of a better quality for some reason...(!)

Sandra, kind of like an independent rep for the resort, has a desk with info and was spot on with every piece of advice she gave us, from places in town, to shops and beaches, a wealth of knowledge. And a top gal.

Restaurant staff were great they did all they could do to help, in unblinking fashion, and the hostess was one of the nicest Spanish Senora's I've met, greeting everyone with an unwavering style, and the waitresses and waiter deserve more praise than I believe most will give, dealing with what they had to put up with...

And here in lies the problem. The food was bearable, at best with only one or two days of tasty nutritional food that was mostly cash and carry nosh thrown together on a very small budget to feed as many folks as possible, on repeated recipes, and this was shown as almost after every meal, we were both ill in some shape or form. Breakfast was the same everyday, which while this was no problem as there was a vast choice from cereals to, a kind of bacon, to boiled eggs, hot dog sausages, and fried eggs, it was the best meal of the day. And even for the folks feeling rough there was Brut Cava that was supped up by many of them before 9AM. But it still made us feel rough.

Dinners were after the first two days records on repeat, as was the music by the pool. I never want to hear Delila by Tom Jones Ever again. Ever. The entertainers were on a budget but did the best they could and did have me in fits of laughter at points, especially Mr Salou and the full monty, if jesus could weep... They really did try to entertain you.

But this is were it took a turn for the worst. We were woken at 4AM with a constant banging on the door next door for a good solid half an hour, when I lost my rag, went out and said to the guy I was calling security. I think one of the group he was with let him into a different room, as they could sense it was going to end in tears, so fair play to them for doing that, but we asked to be moved, as after the 4AM finish there were folks up before 7AM singing and cheering in the corridors. We were moved instantly to a different room on the 1st floor, kindly by reception staff, which we thought would be a little quieter. No. No it wasn't.

It was like football in the corridors at 4AM every night, paper thin walls (as others have said) must be an art to craft that thinly, which you could hear the lovers next door and the kids screaming on the other side left us feeling drained for 5 days with sleep deprivation, and on top with the food making us ill, we couldn't stand it no more.

We went out to eat for the last 4 days to eat, with my body craving nutrition, and a glass of real beer, we found a tasty little bar down the way in Cap Salou, Route 66. Cheap, Good quality and friendly folks, that made the last few days far more bearable. The Steak was awesome... Really worth it.

As we were leaving the other hotels in the area were all closing down and Molinos was one of the few in the area to stay open until the dregs of the barrel have been drained and the messy British drunks have dragged the hangover back to the airport. I felt ashamed to be English to the Spanish staff there with some of the things I saw and heard at night.

Overall, the staff work hard but no wonder they can seem miserable to some people working with people that clearly are there just to wreck the place, eyeball and ruin other folks stay, with a "why should I care about anyone else?" attitude.

We won't be coming back. It's a drinking holiday for Jeremy Kyle guests, the other reviews I feel reflected that as well so really take to heart the negative side before booking as it is all true...

Room Tip: Take a tent and a sleeping bag and head to the beach if you want to sleep at night...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple