Me and my best friend booked an all inclusive allocation on arrival package holiday and ended up at Molinos Park. The rooms are very basic .. and pretty dated, and the showers are terrible! The air-con in our room wasnt working, so our room got very hot in the early evenings when the sun came in through the patio doors, and it was very warm at night. The room was clean though, and beds made and towels changed everyday. The reception staff were great, we requested new towells and extra pillows a couple of times, and they were bought to our room pretty much straight away, regardless of what time we asked for them.
There was an excess of sunloungers both by the pool, and in the adult only areas upstairs, which was really good. The pool was really clean, and there was a lifeguard and a kids entertainer guy everyday (which is great if you have kids!)
The food was OK, pretty much what you would expect from a 3* hotel ... basic! There was chips everyday, but a fair amount of choice of salads and hot food. The desserts were amazing! Loads of fresh fruit, and nice cakes etc. The snack food available was good too. Drinks were good, not watered down, very strong, and lots of choice. Although personally I would avoid the 'Molinos Park cocktail' ... not good! The bar staff were all friendly .. especially if you can speak a bit of Spanish to them! The hotel entertainment is pretty lame... Its really focussed around kids, so I suppose its great if you are taking young children.
We easily got the bus into the centre of salou, and it costs about 4 euros for a return trip (A taxi is about 8 euros each way). A taxi back from the airport though is about 35 euros ... so try and get a bus (5 euros) if you can!
We also took a day trip to Barcelona .. You can get a train from Salou station for 12 euros return and it takes about an hour and half. Very easy to do (you get into the main station in Barcelona, then we took the metro to the bottom of las rambalas). I would recommend doing it that way instead of one of the coach tours, just because you have so much longer in Barcelona.
Overall Id say this hotel is totally liveable ... But you have to expect to get what you pay for ... its a cheap hotel, not a 5* spa! Cheap and cheerful I would say!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 3-Star H•TOP Molinos Park hotel is located in Salou, Costa Daurada and it is placed very close to the beach. The lively center of Salou is one kilometer away, while Portaventura Theme Park + Ferrari World and Land (opening April 2017) is within a 15-minute drive. The shops, bars and restaurants in the busy town center are just a short walk away. The classical 246-room provide many facilities and services for young couples and groups looking for a centric hotel. It is situated at 95 Km from Barcelona – El Prat Airport and 15 Km from Tarragona – Reus Airport (REU). Salou was certified in 2003 as the first family tourism destination in Catalonia, certification granted by the tourist destinations that offer a high percentage of specialized services for families. and it is just seven miles south of Tarragona. FACILITIES Rooms • Social room (ping pong, billard, etc.) • Restaurant • Bar • Swimming pools • Sun terraces • Laundry room Children • Miniclub • Playground • Baby cots and chairs Spa area • Hot tubs (4) Staff • 24 hour Front Desk services • Multilingual staff • Housekeeping • Tour desk Others • Facilities for guests with disabilities (common areas) • Currency exchange • Car hire* • Fax & copy service • Air-conditioning • Heating • Safe boxes* • Wi-Fi* • TV • Luggage storage • Showers for check-out • Lifts • Bikes * • Parking* *Some of these services are extra or require a deposit (ask at the Hotel) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Onthebeach, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your H.TOP Molinos Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h Top Molinos Park Hotel Salou
- Molinos Park Salou
- Molinos Park Hotel Salou
- H.TOP Molinos Park Salou, Costa Dorada
- Hotel Molinos Park Salou
- Hotel Molinos Salou