“Expect to get exactly what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of H.TOP Molinos Park

H.TOP Molinos Park
Ranked #70 of 94 Hotels in Salou
West Sussex
“Expect to get exactly what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

Me and my best friend booked an all inclusive allocation on arrival package holiday and ended up at Molinos Park. The rooms are very basic .. and pretty dated, and the showers are terrible! The air-con in our room wasnt working, so our room got very hot in the early evenings when the sun came in through the patio doors, and it was very warm at night. The room was clean though, and beds made and towels changed everyday. The reception staff were great, we requested new towells and extra pillows a couple of times, and they were bought to our room pretty much straight away, regardless of what time we asked for them.

There was an excess of sunloungers both by the pool, and in the adult only areas upstairs, which was really good. The pool was really clean, and there was a lifeguard and a kids entertainer guy everyday (which is great if you have kids!)

The food was OK, pretty much what you would expect from a 3* hotel ... basic! There was chips everyday, but a fair amount of choice of salads and hot food. The desserts were amazing! Loads of fresh fruit, and nice cakes etc. The snack food available was good too. Drinks were good, not watered down, very strong, and lots of choice. Although personally I would avoid the 'Molinos Park cocktail' ... not good! The bar staff were all friendly .. especially if you can speak a bit of Spanish to them! The hotel entertainment is pretty lame... Its really focussed around kids, so I suppose its great if you are taking young children.

We easily got the bus into the centre of salou, and it costs about 4 euros for a return trip (A taxi is about 8 euros each way). A taxi back from the airport though is about 35 euros ... so try and get a bus (5 euros) if you can!

We also took a day trip to Barcelona .. You can get a train from Salou station for 12 euros return and it takes about an hour and half. Very easy to do (you get into the main station in Barcelona, then we took the metro to the bottom of las rambalas). I would recommend doing it that way instead of one of the coach tours, just because you have so much longer in Barcelona.

Overall Id say this hotel is totally liveable ... But you have to expect to get what you pay for ... its a cheap hotel, not a 5* spa! Cheap and cheerful I would say!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amz_B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
scot
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2009

booked through travel republic, been too salou a few times and loved it usually at same area in centre of salou where this hotel is shown on map, WRONG the hotel isnt even in salou it's cap salou which is agood walk uphill to salou and 4 euros each there and back by bus. the hotel room was booked for 3 adults ( one 15 year old ) and 1 child and what we got were 4 single beds squeezed together with just enough room to get into the wardrobe one end and out of the veranda doors the other the air conditioning only goes on from 2pm till 5am which means you are sleeping when and waking up when its off when you need it the most. going all inclusive for food snacks and drinks was not as good as it should have been snacks were served in between over long breakfast lunch and dinner hours and could only be eaten in the dining room no food at pool, the snacks were rubbish the ame every day a tray of cold meat and cheese a tray of burgers like the ones you get out of a tin and breaded fish sticks ( next hotel to us had hot dogs cheeseburgers chips pizzas which could be ordered and taken to pool etc ) the meals were the usual spanish meals but. they had potatos meat and gravy but meat was too tough the potatos were rock solid and veggies were covered in layers of cheese and overcooked and tasted like mush. the room was dated dirty toilet seat was broken and even had blood on the walls. there is alot more but if you want to go to to costa dorada and dont want to go to salou give cap salou a miss and head to la pineda great beach and lots of shops and bars but quieter than salou.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank scottlynne1967

Travellers are raving about these Salou hotels

Bangor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

We (4 seniors) booked this holiday with Sun4U. I made sure to ask the rep that there would not be any lager louts, he assured us this was a quiet family hotel and very suitable for seniors. Not so, we were discussed with the bad behaviour, the bad language. They urinated in the pool. EVERY night there was fighting outside our bedrooms ending with the police being called as the hotel staff could not deal with the problems. NEVER AGAIN would we trust sun4U. We had 7 sleepless nights, in fact we felt very unsafe in our rooms with banging on our doors etc.

• Stayed May 2009
Holywell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2009

22 May 2009, 18:47 Save

hi all

just got back from molinas park today me and the wife have never been all/inc before we thought it was a BRILLIANT HOTEL beer good shorts good {bailys} food good snacks in between b/fast dinner good rooms

cleaned every day a bit noisy before 12pm but it goes quite then

bar staff were brill i had no probs on

sat i got everyone cheering when i was dancing lol

and wed trying to dance around my plastic glasses pole lol

better to have plastic glasses especially around the pool with the kids

these are just our thoughts everyone is different but i hope you have brill time we did

ned & julie north wales

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nedmufc
merseyside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2009

Like most people we had read quite a few bad reviews on this hotel and were a bit dubious after booking it. However we had nothing to worry about. We all had a great holiday there. Staff were friendly, food was good, rooms were clean. Location was good with a very good bus service if you wanted to visit surrounding areas. Swimming pool area had loads of sunbeds and chairs and on the rooftop is an adult only area with a bar and four jaccuzzies. In all, my family [4 adults and 2 children] thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and cant understand all the negative comments. I suppose some people just like to moaning.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Swansea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2009

I decieded that my 7yr old daughter and I needed a break..I decieded on Salou as it is near Port Aventura. I booked on line without looking at any reviews and later when I read some off what had been written I almost backed out, but I had told my girl, so that wasn't an option!! We had a chat before we got there, as I wanted to prepare her and I spent the whole journey dreading getting there.......
We arrived at Reus airport and the fist peeps we spoke to were going to the same hotel..they had been there several times previously and we shared a mini bus to the hotel, I was relieved to meet these lovely people as they told me that the hotel was great..and by the time we got to the hotel both my daughter and I were much more possitive..
We arrived at 6pm..were in our room by 6.10pm and looking out to a wonderful view..our room was clean and comfortable. We explored the hotel and then went for our meal at 7.30pm..the food was great..plenty of choice..even my fussy eater daughter found plenty to choose from..the table clothes and linen napkins were spottless and changed
every time a table was used..after every meal sitting the dinning room was cleaned thourougly ..and then we went to the bar area and had a great evening..we went to bed tired and happy..
we spent 7 days and nights in Spain and could happily have stayed longer..
The pool area was large enough with plenty of sun beds, tables and chairs...we met some fab people and enjoyed a great holiday...I'm not sure what people want from a holiday...all I can say is that I knew what I didnt want...I read negative reviews that worried me and I almost cancelled...Im so glad I didnt....the staff were great and in all fairness work hard...and if you are prepared to be polite you will recieve polite service.!!
The Enteretainment was somewhat limited but good...some peeps complained and I suggested maybe they should have booked Vagus..!!
If you want to nit pick..there are plenty of things you will find to complain about...but goes for anywhere...if you want a holiday that is good value and you are prepared to 'go with the flow'..you will enjoy..I am 50 yrs old and have travelled extensivly.....I would go again tomorrow..

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank SusieBj
nuneaton, england
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2009

My fiance and i stayed in the molinos park hotel for a week and have just arrived back home. When we arrived it was quite late at night but was seen to at reception straight away and was able to check in to our room. Our room was positioned on the 4th floor room number 430. The hotel had lifts but they were very jumpy - a couple of times i thought we may have got stuck!!! Our room was very clean and view was nice as we could see the sea. we did have a few problems with the room though throughout the week like the patio door would'nt lock and we had a wasps nest in the door itself but they were sorted within half an hour of telling the reception staff. Our room got cleaned everyday and towels changed. Maids did jus knock then walk straight in though!!! Walls are paper thin as we did hear the couple in the room next door one night having a huge row.

The hotel had one large resturant which had set meal times. the later you left it the busier the resturant was. There was a wide variety of food served. definitely value for money, but they did only have one barman serving at the bar during meal times so there could be quite a long que. The resturant was kept clean and tidy at all times but the resturant staff were definitely there to do their job and were'nt very smiley. The food served at snack times was very basic but there was still plenty to choose from.

There is a bar area on the ground floor where they had the entertainment which consisted of a kiddies disco which was the same every night and sometimes had different singers or dancers on. Even though they had five barman serving most nights on this bar there sometimes was a que as they seemed to prefer to talk to one another rather than serve. through the bar area there was a swimming pool but we did'nt go in there as it was quite busy with children and their families, but on the 4th and 5th floor they had 2 jacuzzes on each floor and a sun terrace. We mainly sun bathed there as it was quiet and relaxing and there was a bar too and the veiws were amazing!!!. The barman that worked on this bar was proberly the friendliest person that worked at the hotel as he talked to you about everything. The pool areas were kept very clean and tidy too and there was no need to have to put your towels down to reserve the sunbeds as there was plenty. The hotel was in an ideal location as it was only a 20 minute walk along the beach to salou and around the hotel there was a few little bars and shops.

We would definitely consider going back to this hotel in the near future and were sad to have to come home!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple