We stayed here in September 11-18 and they had freak weather so some days it reached 36 degrees... Which is far to hot with a baby! 12 of us stayed altogether paying around 675 each for 1 week all inc.
The location for the waterpark and portaventura it's self it's fab a 5/6 min fast walk or there's a free train passing every 10 mins up and down to and from the park!
Although its ages away from actual Salou... We only went into Salou twice as it took around 30 mins and it was far to hot to walk in, although between 10-12 and 4-6 there where free buses that took you back and forth for hotel guests! It was 10 euros in a taxi.
The food was a good choice, the buffet was very repetitive though, but lovely pizzas! So had a choice of meats or fish, potato based foods, pasta, pizza, burger or hotdog, lack of veg though. An also I felt the desserts were a let down to! The snack bar opened at 10 for sandwiches, fruit, drinks, icecream then at 12 added hotdog,pizza,burger,salad, toasties,chips which you served yourself. Although we could never sit down and enjoy this for the amount of wasps!!!
In the park you could eat at BoraBora-burgers, fish, chicken.
A pizza place, and a Mexican place. Where at all 3 you got a three course set meal.
You also get a refillable cup (but only If you ask the hotel!!!!) and can refil this in the park.
The pool was gorgeous, and good weather for it to, although the pool bar was shut. Plenty of beds and shade to, although the bar shut outside the pool to the day after we arrived which meant no icecream, alcohol or slush! Which was ridiculous as we paid alot!!
The el coyote resturaunt was nothing special, I had pizza and chips and I don't like Mexican and it was a slice of the pizza from the Buffett!
We had a family room two doubles and a cot, which was just a normal spanish room, but there was alot of storage space which is always good!
The park itself is brill! We didn't get fast track evn on the weekend most we has to wait was 25 mins, sesame street is brill! For adults and kids!!
The park was open till 7pm...8 at the weekend. You could get in 1 hour before public but again you don't get told this unless you ask!
The water park was rammed and shut on our last day!
The train to Barcelona was very close within two mins and was around €10rt air con to! But I thought Barcelona was rubbish to be honest. Maybe to hot that's why but they can't change that!
Overall a fab holiday just a shame we had to find things out ourselves such as the refillable cup, free bus to Salou, park opening earlier.
Maybe there was more to find out!
I'd go back here again If it was a bargain deal, as I thought this was the only nice all inc hotel in Salou, but we found that the golden port also do it! So maybe there next time if we return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Barcelona, El Paso offers a "All Inclusive" designed for families, from which you can enjoy both the hotel and the park PortAventura. The hotel recreates a traditional Mexican hacienda with authentic Aztec decor. The spectacular gardens and the friendly treatment of its people will make you leave behind the stress of everyday life and delve into the beauty of colonial Mexico, just a few minutes from the gates of PortAventura Park.Tumbate really huge pool and relax in comfortable chairs while you impregnate all the excitement of the exotic and extreme comfort of Hotel El Paso. Your children will have fun playing in their pools.And nothing better for fun swimming around a sunken galleon in full pool! Structured in different buildings around a central gardens and crystal blue pools. In our restaurants, savor the best Mexican cuisine and will have espectaculos.Las colorful colonial-style rooms are ideal for a family stay, surrounded by gardens create an atmosphere of serenity and relaxation. Ideal for after hours fun dive into adventure at PortAventura Park break, as tickets are included in the price of your stay! In 2015 the 20th anniversary of the opening of doors PortAventura is met and to celebrate in style with family, friends or partner, we expect you to live unforgettable moments. This year PortAventura presents the new how will offer its Soleil Cirque in the Resort, Amaluna. Furthermore, in 2016 Ferrari Land will open in Europe PortAventura resot to offer a real race track, the highest and most rapid vertical accelerator in Europe and the first luxury hotel themed for the first time in the history of the Ferrari brand, including other surprises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your PortAventura Hotel El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso At Portaventura Hotel
- Hotel El Paso
- PortAventura Hotel El Paso Salou, Costa Dorada