We are coming to the end if of a 1 week stay. It has been fantastic value for money with an all inclusive stay with unlimited access to the theme park as well.
Food- good choice most days in the restaurant. Early or late dining avoids the queues. You choose a time for breakfast which does help the queues. You can also book an early cold breakfast if you have an early departure from 6.30 am. Only tried snack bar once but that was good too, especially if the kids want burgers, nuggets, chips etc. ice cream from snack bar very nice. Also serves slush puppy's for kids. Took advantage of the all inclusive option to eat at 3 designated self service restaurants in the park. Food was very good at Jeremiah's in the far west.
Pool- always plenty of sun beds whenever we chose to sit there. There are some people who reserve beds and then disappear for hours but this did not affect the availability to sit there if you wanted. Pool was cold but the weather wasn't great and others said that the pool was much warmer the previous week. Jacuzzi nice but also cold. Lifeguards in attendance when pool open. The fake sand feels more like grit under bare feet which spreads around the pool side.
Reception- check in took about 30 mins but they had lots of info to give and room was ready for us which was good. Other trips to reception were much quicker and the staff very friendly and happy to help.
Rooms-queen size bed and fold out single bed for 2 adults and a child. Free TV but most channels in Spanish. Not a problem to us as we didn't come on holiday to watch TV. Plenty of cupboard space but only 4 hangers. Free safe. Air conditioning good. Small balcony- not really big enough to sit on. Hotel requests that clothes or towels are not hung on balcony but in bathroom on airer. However, most people hanging clothes out as airer did not get clothes dry. Laundry service offered at a cost but we did not use this. Hair dryer in bathroom. We were in Jaguar block which was very central. Maid service daily for cleaning and clean towels. Bedding changed mid stay.
Theme park-go early am or late pm to avoid the queues. Be aware that the board listing the queue times is not always accurate. Take advantage of dining at all inclusive restaurants in the park if you don't want to return to hotel in the day. There was some queue jumping and the fast pass system made the normal queues ridiculously long for some rides. Check ride heights before you queue, as I saw some very disappointed kids queuing for rides in sesame land who were then told that they couldn't go on when they got to the front. There is a tram that goes to the park gates but we never bothered using it as it was only a 5 minute walk.
Free wifi throughout hotel and parks. Free bus to salou 10am, 11 am and 12 noon. Returns at 4pm, 5pm and 6pm. It's about a 20 minute walk into town from the hotel if not. We caught the bus down and walked back.
Overall- a good holiday. Plenty to do. Good value. Hit the parks early am (opens at 10) or after 8pm to avoid the queues. Visit the restaurants early or late to avoid queues. If you want to go on the main rides, consider a fast pass to avoid queues in the day. Take comfortable flat shoes!
We would definitely return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Barcelona, El Paso offers a "All Inclusive" designed for families, from which you can enjoy both the hotel and the park PortAventura. The hotel recreates a traditional Mexican hacienda with authentic Aztec decor. The spectacular gardens and the friendly treatment of its people will make you leave behind the stress of everyday life and delve into the beauty of colonial Mexico, just a few minutes from the gates of PortAventura Park.Tumbate really huge pool and relax in comfortable chairs while you impregnate all the excitement of the exotic and extreme comfort of Hotel El Paso. Your children will have fun playing in their pools.And nothing better for fun swimming around a sunken galleon in full pool! Structured in different buildings around a central gardens and crystal blue pools. In our restaurants, savor the best Mexican cuisine and will have espectaculos.Las colorful colonial-style rooms are ideal for a family stay, surrounded by gardens create an atmosphere of serenity and relaxation. Ideal for after hours fun dive into adventure at PortAventura Park break, as tickets are included in the price of your stay! In 2015 the 20th anniversary of the opening of doors PortAventura is met and to celebrate in style with family, friends or partner, we expect you to live unforgettable moments. This year PortAventura presents the new how will offer its Soleil Cirque in the Resort, Amaluna. Furthermore, in 2016 Ferrari Land will open in Europe PortAventura resot to offer a real race track, the highest and most rapid vertical accelerator in Europe and the first luxury hotel themed for the first time in the history of the Ferrari brand, including other surprises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Onthebeach, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your PortAventura Hotel El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso At Portaventura Hotel
- Hotel El Paso
- PortAventura Hotel El Paso Salou, Costa Dorada