Portaventura Hotel El Paso is a fantastic base for a family visit to the Portaventura theme park and Caribe Creek water park.
The food was at the higher end of the scale of Spanish 'all inclusive' offerings, there was a wide selection of good (but not excellent) food that meant nobody was going to go hungry. Apart from a busy breakfast, there was no need to queue for a table or for food. The bar service was good, and they were quite happy to give you multiple drinks without having to drag the whole family to the bar. Ice creams and slush drinks were included in the all inclusive and soft drinks (coke, sprite, Fanta etc) were available on a 'help yourself' basis.
There was access to the parks via a 'road train' that runs every 15 mins, or it can be walked in 15 mins. All inclusive guests get a voucher giving the one meal (3 course plus drink) at selected restaurants within the theme park and water park, got each day if there stay saving money or a trip back to the hotel.
The rooms were a little basic, but were clean, quiet and had everything that we needed.
A great hotel next to a great theme park and a great water park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an hour from Barcelona, El Paso offers a "All Inclusive" designed for families, from which you can enjoy both the hotel and the park PortAventura. The hotel recreates a traditional Mexican hacienda with authentic Aztec decor. The spectacular gardens and the friendly treatment of its people will make you leave behind the stress of everyday life and delve into the beauty of colonial Mexico, just a few minutes from the gates of PortAventura Park.Tumbate really huge pool and relax in comfortable chairs while you impregnate all the excitement of the exotic and extreme comfort of Hotel El Paso. Your children will have fun playing in their pools.And nothing better for fun swimming around a sunken galleon in full pool! Structured in different buildings around a central gardens and crystal blue pools. In our restaurants, savor the best Mexican cuisine and will have espectaculos.Las colorful colonial-style rooms are ideal for a family stay, surrounded by gardens create an atmosphere of serenity and relaxation. Ideal for after hours fun dive into adventure at PortAventura Park break, as tickets are included in the price of your stay! In 2015 the 20th anniversary of the opening of doors PortAventura is met and to celebrate in style with family, friends or partner, we expect you to live unforgettable moments. This year PortAventura presents the new how will offer its Soleil Cirque in the Resort, Amaluna. Furthermore, in 2016 Ferrari Land will open in Europe PortAventura resot to offer a real race track, the highest and most rapid vertical accelerator in Europe and the first luxury hotel themed for the first time in the history of the Ferrari brand, including other surprises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Onthebeach, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your PortAventura Hotel El Paso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso At Portaventura Hotel
- Hotel El Paso
- PortAventura Hotel El Paso Salou, Costa Dorada