“Excellent/excelente”

Ranked #18 of 94 Hotels in Salou
Greenock, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent/excelente”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Just back from a weeks holiday at Magnolia hotel Salou and would highly recommend it to all age groups that are wanting a quiet, modern, comfortable relaxed and child free zone. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially the restaurant staff and the food was 1st class. The bedroom was spotless a really good size, very modern the bathroom was luxurious and the room was cleaned to an extremely high standard every day with new towels etc. The location was fantastic, close to beach, bars, restaurants handy for buses to Barcelona/Portaventura etc. I will certainly be returning to this hotel it has great facilities pool, pool bar, spa, gym, games room etc There is only one small thing that I could fault the TV channels in the room were in Spanish and the only channels that could be watched was the News.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
nvarela, Guest Relations Manager at Magnolia Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Carole M,
thank you very much for keep your time to share your opinion about our service. We are grate to know that we have achieve your expectations and will be a pleasure to welcome you again in the future.
Best regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Finnish first
Arlington, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We only stayed for one night however the one night was ok. We didn't get information about things in the hotel. I requested a wake up call and no one called, but they had time to put a bill on the door. I hardly made it to check out and was late to work. When we left no one said anything just asked what room was we in and told us the total. The room was night kind of small.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank margaret w
Staffordshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

It's been a few years since we stayed here, but we loved the place when we were there.

We stayed with our 2 daughters and the eldest is desperate to go back and stay there again! We could just about see the beach from our balcony, and the road is quiet but still in the right place for all the action.

The rooms were clean, the staff helpful and the breakfasts were lovely. We spent time in the pool, which was always popular, but this is a child-free hotel, so it wasn't noisy.

They put candles out at night which looked lovely round the pool.

I'd definitely stay here again - modern, comfortable, quiet and best of all child-free!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Staffordshire_UKKaz
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Magnolia for five nights. The hotel's location is excellent, close to the beach and restaurants, very easy to get around. The room itself was definitely 4 star, the fantastic, huge bathroom with the lovely shower was beyond our expectations, and we had a decent balcony with a sea view. Breakfast was comprehensive compared with others we'd had in Spain, which included bacon and eggs. The pool area was lovely, and despite being mid-August we had no problems getting sun loungers. We also liked the games room with the table tennis table and pool table.
Overall we'd definitely recommend staying here, and would come back in future. A few small things for the hotel to improve on to make it even better, but we were very happy with our stay.

Things for the hotel to improve on in future (not deal breakers, just even better if):
The reception staff were not entirely helpful when enquiring about local events or help booking things we were interested in. They simply told us they had no information. Additionally, no information about anything happening in Salou is provided. August 15th we were lucky enough to encounter some fantastic fireworks on the beach, but when asking at the hotel reception they told us (again) they had no information.
The restaurant menu for lunch and dinner is very limited.
The safe if you wish to use it is pay per day which seems odd for a 4 star hotel.
No pool towels provided.
Housekeeping did not re-stock the bathroom over the week, to the point that we had to request toilet paper when ours ran out.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view balcony.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Emelye_Arcite
Dartford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We only stayed one night but the room was superb was a lovely wet room. The outdoor bar was nice and the staff friendly. typical continental breakfast with a few cooked sausages,bacon and egg which makes a change. There wasn't anything that was missed from all ranges of fruits and cereals to a variety of teas. Slightly off putting being on a business trip and seeing little Johnny walking in the breakfast with an inflatable crocodile but all good fun!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul H
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

I booked my room on Hotels.com. Payed in advance 4 month before my trip. Hotel.com allowed me to list my children. I get to the Hotel at 9 in the evening. Delayed from Rome but that's not their fault but I am tired. The girl at the front desk takes a look at my kids and starts checking me in. In fact asks me to get another room since they have 2 person per room policy. I didn't argue and paid for the other room. She was actually polite so I didn't mind. Then comes out the manager and he begins to lecture me on my kids. He told me to keep the behaved and quiet in a condescending way. He asked me for proof that my reservation tool the kids and so I showed him. He then continued his lecture so I told him you shouldn't have taken my money from the beginning. So he let me stay and told me to keep my kids in line. What a rude person. Just a FYI my kids didn't bother anyone. No one even noticed them in the hotel. Let's also state my request for a nonsmoking room was ignored and the room smelled like stale cigarets. The gym is dark and tiny. The spa on the other hand was run by a different company and were very friendly. Oh I forgot the pool. You better bring your own towel good luck finding one at the pool. Not even towel service. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and I DON'T recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Martin T
nvarela, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Magnolia Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Dear Martin,
we apologize for the inconveniences you suffered, because, even though in our webpage states that we are a child-free hotel, in Hotels.com was not clearly specified, so we contacted them and now is already well fixed.
Thank you for your opinion!
Wallasey, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Stayed here for a week's golfing holiday with 8 other golfers. excellent position close to very good bars, restaurants and nightlife. The rooms are very spacious with a shower/bathroom that is designed like a wet room and was as good as you get at top rated hotels. The breakfast was first class with lots of choice. if you like a full english it might not be quite the pace for you but everything else on offer was first class. I could not find a single fault with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone. No children as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends