“AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Almonsa Playa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Almonsa Playa
Ranked #80 of 95 Hotels in Salou
London, England, United Kingdom
“AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

GOOD POINTS------ reception staff were friendly and helpfull.
rooms were good size.
air con in room.
BAD POINTS------ Rooms old fashioned / paint peeling off walls big cracks in walls. bad smell in rooms,sinks were all cracked/burn marks on bed linen/light shades missing or broken/ above a night club but not to much noise from club, but very very noisy in hotel throughout night/
no maid service,no towel change etc for whole week.you have to take out own rubbish to bins outside hotel. lift very old a very very noisy can be heard all over hotel very small only allowed 3 people at a time but really holds 2. would not recomend!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here for 10 days with my partner & two young children aged 4 & 8.

The only positives for this accommodation are its central location & the pool is cleaned every day. Other than that its a complete tip & I wouldn't recommend to any families. There is a nightclub downstairs which goes on until 7am so the noise is bad. We requested a high floor away from the nightclub, so we were put on the 6th facing the lane, so each night we could hear fighting & screaming as it was also a walk through to kiss nightclub at the end of the lane. The lift was constantly breaking down & family were stuck for 20 minutes before being freed. We booked B&B, so the breakfast was take it or leave it, but the thing that annoyed me was there were only 4 towels in the room & if you are staying B&B, they are only changed every 4 days which is completely unacceptable. (For people who book self catering towels are only changed every 7 days). Bedding is not changed & rooms are not cleaned either, a mop & bucket is provided for you to use. Chairs in the kitchen area were broken & held together with screws. The kitchen cabinets were in a bad state, with chunks taken out of the doors & the contact was coming off the shelf. One of the other families who were also in our party mentioned the sockets were hanging off the wall which is a safety hazard.

I can keep going on about the bad things for this place, but I am not going to waste any more time. I wouldn't stay in this place again if you paid me to.

Next time I go back to Salou I will pick better accommodation as Salou is a great place for families.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Salou hotels

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Came here on a stag in April. Basic accommodation but spacious with a pool view in both apartments (both 6 bed). Pool was freezing but didn't mind and food and drink was reasonable. Location excellent, 5 min walk to nightlife and beach, nightclub and supermarket next door aswell. 15min transfer from Reus Airport

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JasonLambert
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

If I had gone with my family this review would have been different, but I went with a group of friends for a a hen do so it suited our needs as it's fine for groups of friends or 18-30s. It was clean and the beds were comfy. Yes there is a lot of noise from the club below, take earplugs and stay above 7th floor. The location is well suited for going out, it's near the bars and clubs and a very short walk to the beach and it was great value too. there is a small shop downstairs selling most things you need too which is handy. Other reviewers mentioned there not being any kettles but we used saucepans to heat water for tea We went to Little Hamptons for breakfast which served excellent English breakfast.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Gosport, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Rooms are clean but very dated and although its srlf catering there are poor facilities for the guests to usr. Kettles and toasters are available upon request but some rooms only have cups and dont have plates etc. Aircon has to be paid direct to the hotel at 5 euro per day which I was not told upon booking. Hotel is very noisy and I would not recommend to families, even other reviews have said to stay higher to avoid the noise but the lift only goes to the 8th floor and if your on the 9th the lift keeps you awake all night. The stairwell is very open and is a concern for any parent and the windows could be opened fully in the spare bedroom and theres nothing to prevent young children from opening the window too far and falling out Towels and bedding were not changed all week unless to asked at reception and changed the beds yourself. Theres a night club next door and Kiss night club round the corner so the location for late teens early twenties is ideal but for families totally unsuitable.

• Stayed August 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed for 9 nights as a family of 5.we had no hot water. No kettle.smashed lights and ripped curtains. No fresh bedding at all.we were put on the so called family block that overlooked an alley which leads to 2 nightclubs.we witnessed physical violent fights every night. People urinating and people engaging in sexual activity. My children are traumatised. We also witnessed people being shot with a pellet gun from the apartment above. We reported this but the police werent informed. Whilst sat at the bar near the pool we witnessed somebody falling through the glass door of their apartment and the glass only just missed my children.the staff at the apartment didnt offer any first aid so me and my partner had to try and stem the flow of blood to keep the man alive till the ambulance came. We also had big metal pans thrown off the balconies when sat round the pool area.when reporting to the manager we were told that the police will not be called because they get charged every time they ring the police!we feared for our lives.there is no way any child should be anywhere near this accomodation.it isnt safe in any way.we had no sleep at all for 9 nights because of the continued noise,all night, every night.there is nothing at all good about this accomodation and i would strongly advise that people do not go to it. It needs to be shut down. Its a danger to anybody who stays there.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank bbevan
Lowestoft
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel end of July for 7 nights. We were greeted on arrival and the man was pleasant but didn't really smile or make any effort to speak to you.

We read reviews that said it was really noisy but were pretty open minded and thought 'how bad can it be' ... It is so so loud, screaming drunk people, loud music coming from loads of different bars etc - extremely hard to get any sleep!

In the week we stayed we didn't have any maid come in to change our bedding or even make the beds. We asked reception for new towels 3 times and he said he would get them to us ASAP but we never got them.

The only good thing about the hotel is the breakfast, as far as B&B's go usually the breakfast is plain and boring but they had full English breakfast etc!

I would 100% not recommend families!!!

• Stayed July 2014