“Beware of deposits!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salou
Camping Resort Sanguli Salou
Ranked #2 of 72 Speciality Lodging in Salou
Mayo
“Beware of deposits!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at Sanguli Salou and enjoyed 10 days in the Paradise villa. On arrival I handed over €50 cash to the receptionist - a Spanish girl. On departure an British 'lady' checked me out and placed behind her the clear plastic with my €50 note in it. She proceeded to call the housekeeping staff to check on the status of the pristine accommodation. Another guest interrupted to request a taxi. As I waited my deposit was not returned. I called back and was given excuses saying I had given my credit card details. I saw my folder with the cash I had given and it had 'disappeared'.
Subsequent to my return I communicated with the Company and was not given any heed.
I am truly disappointed and disgusted with the company for deceiving me. I am an honest well traveled person who was not listened to.
Separately I was overcharged by €30 in Decathelon as the cashier charged me for 2 items twice. And, as I purchased dresses the cashier charged me an additional €20 ....
Maybe the Spanish Pirates of past have passed on their 'tips' on how to treat tourists.
I wont be returning to Spain in the next millennium. Much nicer places to visit and life is too short for this deceit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank DianeMayo

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This camp site is very well run. It has everything; supermarkets with fresh bread and pastries, snack bars, restaurants, pools with slides, children's entertainment day and night. I stayed in Villa Paradise with 2 other adults and 3 children, excellent bungalows with plenty of room. Staff friendly and helpful. Lifeguards at every pool, security at entrance (with only one way in and one way out, so quite safe for children to have a certain amount of independence to go to shop or bakery possibly? Great location in Salou, plenty of buses and the little train to take you in and out of Salou and to the Theme Park, Portaventura.
I will definitely return to Camping Sanguli, this was my first visit and I was thoroughly impressed! Well run, well maintained by staff and other holiday makers!
Maybe though it would be an idea if the site operated a loyalty scheme?
Tip - rent bikes, everyone young and old are scooting round the site on them!
Order your cooked chicken from snack bar mid morning and collect at lunch! Pizza are delicious too!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank NGNC
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here over Easter 2014, having tried a variety of different holidays for a young family, we have finally found a place that ticks all of our boxes. Thomson Alfresco kids club was amazing, although there is so much to do with the choice of 3 great pools. Caravans and surrounding areas spotlessly clean, supermarkets on site very reasonably priced.
Such a great place to stay we were back there 6 weeks later for a 5 day break at whitson. Will be booking again for 2015.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Leeod
Tralee, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Brilliant! The cleanest, best landscaped and friendliest campsite ever. And to call it a campsite it demeaning it - Camping Sanguli made our holiday, it's the type of place you would gladly spend your entire summer (if you could afford it).
We booked through Al Fresco and had their largest mobile home, and while the landscaping around the immediate area around our row of homes could be improved, the whole site is beautifully maintained. The brochures of the site tell the truth, it has loads for everyone with pools, bars, restaurants, shops etc. - we will be back

Room Tip: Book direct. - it will be cheaper, and fly into Reus not Barcelona
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
11 Thank KenTralee
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We've just returned from Sanguli. It should be noted that this was our first stay in this type of resort so have nothing to compare it to. The accommodation worked really well for us (TS no.3) - although the bedrooms and living area share the same ceiling space so if you have a light sleeper/ plan on cooking in a lot/ watching tv at night this might not work for you. We were well located in terms of pool, supermarket and snack bar and we were well away from the train line and roads. The first day the noise and number of people at the pool (fiesta?) were a bit of a shock.....but either things calmed down after that or we just got used to it! The slides were great and lifeguards present at all the pools. You aren't allowed inflatables in the big pools so nowhere for adults to chill on a lilo, the paddling pools are full of kids and inflatable sharks, turtles, crocodiles etc - but it seemed to work out ok! Most of the other people were Irish, Spanish, French or Dutch and we were really impressed how considerate everyone was how they looked after the place. We didn't see any litter, nor was there any trouble of any kind. At night after the show had finished everything was quiet - though this obviously depends on your neighbours, which is a risk with anywhere. The weather was a bit variable when we were there and so some of the scheduled activities didn't take place - we felt there could have been better notification of this. A simple note on the board or sign at the location would have been easy to organise. Our daughter loved the mini disco and mini club. However I think she was the only non- Spanish speaker and the club was really for age 4+. This worked for her though and she happily emerged on the three occasions she went having made binoculars/ necklace etc; but for kids too old for the 0-3yr room, or not happy with the Spanish focus in the mini club this might not work so well. Food on site was better than expected but not a great variety. Supermarket was good, takeaway a bit pricey. The beach is close by and there are some nice bars and snack bars on the beach. We much preferred the beach and restaurants towards Cambrils than Salou.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank 000Bubbles000
limerick, ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Our 2nd time in sanguli.amazing holiday again.visited this time in group of 16. Rented 4 villa paradise all beside each other. Had a ball. Kids loved it. Pools are amazing. Lovely walk along promenade to salou. Staff so friendly and helpful. Site spotless. Great supermarket. Lovely food
Can't wait to go Back.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank sabs250
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in sanguli few years ago with our four children. We booked through Thomson al fresco and due to late booking unfortunately there were no Three bedroomed properties available. We stayed in Rossini two bedroomed. It was very cramped and bit of a hassle making up the sofa bed every night and trying not to waken the kids. However the resort facilities were excellent albeit extremely busy. So busy in fact our three year old was knocked over by a teenager going too fast on her bike. Thankfully there is doctor on site who patched our daughter up and nothing was broken, just cuts.
The fast food selling pizza, lasagne , chicken was superb. Food was delicious.
The Thomson kids club was super and kids had great time.
Great position near the beautiful beach and lovely walks along promenade in evening. However i found myself feeling uneasy every time upon hearing train so close by.
We visited portaventura a few times. Wonderful experience for all ages.
Would recommend sanguli and we will return now the kids are little bit older ... But definitely to a three bedroomed Vivaldi

• Stayed June 2014