“Bad experience”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$23.86*
and up
PortAventura Park, PortAventura Caribe Aquatic...
Ranked #1 of 59 things to do in Salou
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Two hours + queues for most big rides.Total waste of time and money.Full of school children skipping queues with no staff supervision.

1  Thank Iangmcneil
Write a ReviewReviews (19,945)
All reviews
in 74 reviews
"log flume"
in 75 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for 2 days as we purchased a 3 day 3 park pass for 160 euros which included access to Ferrari land and 1 and a half days at the theme park and Costa Caribe water park, what a great day we had we managed to get on all the rides and even watch some of the shows, the theming of the park is amazing with different themed areas every ride we went on was an adrenaline rush especially shambala which is the smoothest coaster I’ve ever came across considering its height and all the drops. The main criticisms are the food prices they’re are abit of a joke, probably worth taking about 25 euros just for the food for 2 of you. The shop prices also very pricey but every theme park merch shops are the same everywhere. Other than this it’s definitely worth the day out if in Salou or anywhere near by

3  Thank JamesKszn
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Was a fantastic day. The rides are brilliant and it is very good value for money. I would highly recommend visiting this place if you are in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First and foremost, I loved the park and the rides. Its clean, modern and full of energy.
The rides are amazing, and food/refreshments, priced in line with most theme parks but of better quality.

What lets the park down to a point where I probably would not re-visit is the crowd control and queue jumping.

I managed to only get 2 rides completed on my first day in the park, a 4 hour start to finish wait for Dragon Khan then 2 and a half hours wait for a water ride. I'd had more than enough by then.

Both waits would have been half the time, if it had not been for people queue jumping constantly.

In the queue for Dragon Khan, this almost led to violence with vigilante packs setting up to taunt and throw the queue jumpers out. I was actually physically stopping people from jumping over the bars and standing in front of me, and when I questioned what they were doing it seems that lots of people think this behaviour is the norm.
I'm quite vocal but its impossible to stop. At times we saw dozens of people being let in in front of us by "friends" in the line, and if it hadn't been for groups of individuals actually shaming these people, my wait for the ride would have probably been longer.

The park, who charge an awful lot of money for you to get in, have a duty of care to police this, and if necessary, eject people from the park. Sorry, but if you want good paying customers to visit, you need to get this sorted.

On the 2 rides I went on, there was only minimal crowd control at the front of the rides where you get on, and to be fair when we told the staff who queue jumped, they threw people out of the queues, but this requires more attention at all times. We complained to the staff, but they advised us that there is nothing that they can do about people misbehaving.There only kids themselves so what could they do really.....

By 7 on the first day I had enough, so returned the next day and purchased fast passes for myself and the kids at a cost of over 200 euros. We got the park entry as part of a jet2 package deal so did this for a rather expensive treat, however I felt it so unfair that by paying extra, you get to experience the park how it should be. I also felt mugged off having to pay 200 euros, but I promised the kids.
It almost feels to me that the park actually don't police the crowds so that people buy the fast passes for profit. (big corporate, am I being naive LOL!!!!)

With the fast passes, we managed to get everything completed in the park, including a quick trip over to ferrari land to go on the big loop which was fantastic.
Had we not, looking by the queue times, and the loud jeering coming from the normal queues (lots of shouting when people push in) , then we probably would have only done 3 rides, as by 11, some rides were showing 2:40 wait times.

I'm going to write/twitter attempt to shame the park, and request that they refund me the prices of the fast passes, (pigs might fly) but Im at pains to say that although I loved the place with the fast pass, the day previous was a stressful, horrible day and did leave us all a little upset.

I'm certain if you go off peak, the experience will be completely different, however going into peak season, it will only get worse.

Come of PORTADVENTURA, do something about this.

4  Thank Helmet_13
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were vacationing in Spain and decided to spend a day at the park for my son to enjoy. It was off season but there seemed to be a lot of high school excursions. The park wasn't too full so lines were manageable. If going in season, I would consider purchasing the express pass.

The park is made up of 3 theme parks being the core amusement park, a water park and Ferrari World. We just did the core park. With lines the way they were, we were able to get to most all the rides we were interested in but you may want to consider an extra day or two and adding another of the theme parks. Ferrari World looks to have a very radical roller coaster.

Parking was easy as we arrived prior to park opening. We left when the park closed.

They have a few theme hotels on the park grounds similar to Disney. These may be a good option if spending more than a day to avoid long drives at the end of exausting days in the parks.

Have fun.