My boyfriend and I have just returned from a 1 week stay at the Jardin del Mar, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were there with 12 other members of our family, to celebrate my Mams birthday.
We arrived a few hours too early to check straight into our rooms. This wasn't a problem, as a helpful lady on reception (one was helpful, the other a bit sulky) said if we can amuse ourselves for an hour or so, she would try and get us into the rooms early, and she did. We made use of a luggage room in the mean time.
The rooms were spotlessly clean, although slightly dated. Some previous reviewers have commented on how the rooms are decorated. Yes, they are dated, but if money was spent updating them, it would be too expensive to stay there!
We had a fantastic view of the sea and Santa Ponsa bay, which was well worth paying a little extra for (collectively, we were in rooms 306, 119, 120, 220, 712 & 713).
We found all of the staff (besides Mrs Moody on reception) to be more than helpful, especially those who worked at the pool bar and the lifeguard, who were very friendly!
The only downside we found is the lack of electric kettle and toaster in the rooms. You get a steam kettle, which was fine, but an electric one and a toaster would have been appreciated, and would have been a nice touch. You can rent these, but we didn't see the point, since we were there to eat out, rather than to do it ourselves!!
I would recommend a foam mat for the sunbeds, as they aren't the most comfortable (although we managed without), and remembering to put the 'Please clean the room' sign on the door each morning.
All in all, you get what you pay for. Although for what we paid, this exceeded our expectations. Would definitely return, and probably will!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in the southwestern part of Mallorca, overlooking Santa Ponca’s bay. We offer apartments with air conditioning and private balcony. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, with a solarium with fantastic views. All apartments have a kitchenette and a fridge. The Jardín Del Mar Hotel has a bar-cafeteria with big TV screens. There is also a snack bar by the pool. Among the leisure facilities, customers will find a gym and a beach volleyball court, sauna and indoor pool (not available from May to October).The hotel is located 10 minutes drive from the lively resort of Magaluf. Customers will find Santa Ponca’s beach in about 5 minutes on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your TRH Jardin del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trh Jardin Del Mar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Jardin Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Jardin Del Mar Majorca
- TRH Jardin Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca