I visited here with my parents and younger sister for 10 nights this month (August 2014).
We were staying half board here and enjoyed the different food choices each evening and full english every morning. However we did feel like the staff weren't very friendly and never smiled once!
The rooms were very basic and we had to try create more space as the room was too small for 4 people. We had to put one of the sofa beds in the bedroom which even then was a squeeze! The bathroom was nice but the rest could do with modernising. The air conditioning we thought was quite poor and the room was always warm. We had our towels and sheets changed twice, however the cleaning in general we didn't find had been done well at all!
The pool area was alright however lack of sun beds and you had to get up at 8am to reserve them. The beds were also very uncomfortable so we had to buy lilos to place on top of them so we could actually sunbathe without getting backache!
We didn't find any entertainment at the hotel but down the road there is a square with bars and pubs with great entertainment every evening until late.
The beach was a good 20 minute walk away but there was little coves along the way. €14.50 for 2 sunbeds and a parasol which wasn't too bad.
Overall, we probably won't be returning to this hotel but possibly a quieter posher hotel in Santa Ponsa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is located in the southwestern part of Mallorca, overlooking Santa Ponca’s bay. We offer apartments with air conditioning and private balcony. The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, with a solarium with fantastic views. All apartments have a kitchenette and a fridge. They all are tile-floored and equipped with satellite TV. The Jardín Del Mar Hotel has a bar-cafeteria with big TV screens. There is also a snack bar by the pool. Among the leisure facilities, customers will find a gym and a beach volleyball court, sauna and indoor pool (not available from May to October). Free Wi-Fi (during the first hour) available in all common areas. The hotel is located 10 minutes drive from the lively resort of Magaluf. Customers will find Santa Ponca’s beach in about 5 minutes on foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Priceline, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Onthebeach so you can book your TRH Jardin del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trh Jardin Del Mar Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Jardin Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Jardin Del Mar Majorca
- TRH Jardin Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca