Spent one week from 11th October. End of season with approx. 100 guests instead of capacity 550. Very quiet and relaxing but virtually no entertainment. Two nights musicians (dire) one night Spanish dancing (good) one night bingo!!!!. Other evenings only background music. We were on holiday and we had paid for it so the entertainment should have been there or should have been advised closing down nothing happening.
The hotel has only had a makeover in parts. The reception looks amazing, all white tiles and glass and the buildings painted white. Bedrooms painted too but the room for clothes (instead of a wardrobe) had only 6 coat hangers, I stupidly forgot to pack them as usual, and when I asked at reception for another 12, I was met with a look of disbelief. There were 4 of us so why not. Unlike others we do like to change our clothes each day and dress in the evening. There were open shelves for clothes but only two small drawers on each side of the beds. A dressing table would have been nice.
The bathroom had not been touched except to remove the bidet and the shower gave alternate hot and cold water. The shower curtain was not wonderful and the shower was old.
Each day I had to make a trip to reception to ask for more towels, we usually got 3 for 4 people. We had to ask for toilet rolls and one day at 4pm had to ask for our room to be made up. We were told the maids had not finished but with only a fifth of the usual number of guests, what were they doing. Rearranging the dust in other parts of the hotel for the rooms were not really cleaned to a standard I would have expected and some areas of the hotel were less than clean, spills on walkways and paths needing swept.
The worst part of the holiday was the food. It was never hot. Nor was it very good. I twice put something in the microwave then discovered that even hot it still had no flavour. The chicken and turkey tasted soggy. This was verified by other guests, not just us. Even the coffee was rarely hot.
In all a great disappointment. I did read the reviews and decided to chance it but I wish I hadn't. I do realise that people have different expectations. The hotel we were in in July this year with our family was given a dreadful review by a guest, enough to prompt many people, myself included, to ask, which hotel were you actually staying at for it bore no resemblance at all to our hotel.
I would give it a miss, there are better hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to wake up every morning at the shores of the Mediterranean? Dive in the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites, a design hotel in Santa Ponsa Bay of Majorcan and Mediterranean inspiration. An accommodation that will offer you the most pleasant experiences, entertaining days and the best rest on the seaside. Only our hotel in Costa de la Calma can offer you the magic of the Mediterranean, with traditional and Asian gourmet gastronomy, recently refurbished facilities and a first class personal attention. Imagine yourself staying in a hotel with theme parties near the swimming pool, free wifi in the rooms, All Inclusive service with premium brands, cycling, golf... At the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites we want you to live an unforgettable experience, so that every day is perfect. Enjoy a golf trip to Santa Ponsa or a cyclotourism holiday in Majorca with the best equipment at your disposal. Our hotel in Cala Blanca is located just within a 5 minute drive to Santa Ponsa golf club and it offers you a locker for you to keep your equipment. For cycling lovers, the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites features an indoor parking for 150 bikes, repairing and washing station, laundry with dryer for maillots and fruit for you to recharge energies before and after your routes. Besides, enjoy your family holidays with your pet: the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites is one of the few pet friendly hotels in Majorca with relax areas for adults and children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel d`Or Jardin De Playa Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Jardin De Playa Santa Ponsa
- FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites Santa Ponsa, Majorca