Ok, just got back from a one week stay all inclusive at this hotel this afternoon and we were so impressed felt we had to do a review straight away. This is a beautiful hotel in a picturesque location which is kept immaculately clean and is very comfortable. Having stayed in many hotels all over Europe and America we can say that this rates as one of the nicest that we have stayed in and we will return. Obviously we were not there in high season so the hotel was not full but that suited us well. Lets look at the evidence:-
Staff - excellent. All the staff we came across in reception, bar, resturant, housekeeping and entertainment were helpful and friendly - a credit to the hotel and most speaking several languages. Jose and Andres in the resturant warrent special mention - great guys and always happy. Yasina (may have the spelling wrong) a lovely girl from Bulgaria who worked on reception was so nice and really helpful.
Rooms:- Immaculate, spacious and very well maintained. The bathroom is very well appointed, clean and with a good shower as well as bath |oh and always plenty of hot water. The balcony is a great sizee with Day bed, table and chairs and a clothes drier. We could see the sea from our balcony and overlooked the pool area which was pleasent (room 215). Room has a mini fridge, no kettle but supplied on request. Great sized closet for storing things in which keeps the room clear. What more can I say - clean, comfortable and really nice to stay in.
Dining:- I have read some of the reports and really cannot figure out the complaints - the food at this hotel is of a very good standard, plentiful, very large choice at all meals and very fresh with something for everyone. Ok I concede one point in that sometimes it is not piping hot but we never had anything that was completely cold (when it should have been hot that is) just not as hot as perhaps you would like but there is a microwave if you really need to heat it up. By the way the crusty bread is excellent. The chefs work constantly to bring out fresh food or are cooking in front of you e.g. grilled meats, omlettes at breakfast etc. Wines/beers/soft drinks/water plentiful with meals even having fruit juice and soda machines for you to use. Now I am particular over my red wine but found the house red served here was excellent - full marks to the hotel.
Bar:- No problem, yes you may have to wait a few minutes at busy times but so what - the measures are large, many premium brands are served and again the staff were nice.
General areas:- Immaculate, well kept, well laid out and very attractive. The whole place is done in white with accents of colour which makes it very mediterranian. Maintenance work hard touching up to maintain the pristine appearance. The pool area/terrace/gardens are well kept and very attractive and whilst we had no kids with us we looked at their areas and they were amongst the best we have seen. The whole impressian is of a hotel which is loved and cared for and we could not fault anything - full marks to the management and their staff. Just a note - the small beach area by the hotel is currently without sand (we were informed before we went) but they are due to put this right soon.
Entertainment: The animation team work hard to provide activities and entertainment for those who want to take part - we are not great ones for this but there is no pressure to join in and the range seemed to be extensive. What we can say is that the animation staff and lifeguard were all friendly and cheerful people always stopping to say hello and always willing to help.
I hope that I have conveyed in this report just how pleased we were with our choice of hotel and that we would have no hesitation in recommending it for couples and for famillies.
Cala Blanca is a nice area with a mix of residential/apartments/few hotels. Santa Ponsa main town is a 15 minute walk by either the coast path or down a main street. Santa Ponsa is well laided out and is a tidy and pleasent town not as brash as its neighbours Magaluf and Palma Nova a short distance away. Buses run frequently from Santa Ponsa going to either Palma (and stops on the way) or in the other direction to Pegera and Port Andrax both of which are worth a visit. The square just a couple of minutes out of the hotel has bars, resturants and shops to suit needs though it was fairly quiet due to the time of year I believe that entertainment is put on during the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to wake up every morning at the shores of the Mediterranean? Dive in the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites, a design hotel in Santa Ponsa Bay of Majorcan and Mediterranean inspiration. An accommodation that will offer you the most pleasant experiences, entertaining days and the best rest on the seaside. Only our hotel in Costa de la Calma can offer you the magic of the Mediterranean, with traditional and Asian gourmet gastronomy, recently refurbished facilities and a first class personal attention. Imagine yourself staying in a hotel with theme parties near the swimming pool, free wifi in the rooms, All Inclusive service with premium brands, cycling, golf... At the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites we want you to live an unforgettable experience, so that every day is perfect. Enjoy a golf trip to Santa Ponsa or a cyclotourism holiday in Majorca with the best equipment at your disposal. Our hotel in Cala Blanca is located just within a 5 minute drive to Santa Ponsa golf club and it offers you a locker for you to keep your equipment. For cycling lovers, the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites features an indoor parking for 150 bikes, repairing and washing station, laundry with dryer for maillots and fruit for you to recharge energies before and after your routes. Besides, enjoy your family holidays with your pet: the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites is one of the few pet friendly hotels in Majorca with relax areas for adults and children ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel d`Or Jardin De Playa Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Jardin De Playa Santa Ponsa
- FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites Santa Ponsa, Majorca