“Holiday”

FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites
Ranked #6 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed here in July for 10 days. Well I can only say one negative thing about this hotel is that the all inclusive pool bar for drinks didn't start till 11oclock. I would of liked it to be opened at 10 o'clock for cool drinks at the pool. Apart from that this hotel is wonderful, great staff, they all worked very hard in every department. Entertainment, hotel maids, receptionists , bar and restaurant staff where all first class, they are a credit to your hotel. I stayed in room 216 which was wonderful , pool view and I really enjoyed sitting in the balcony late at night watching the entertainment as it also had a great view from this room . I would and am certainly returning to this hotel,and would definitely recommend it too everyone. Anyone who faults this hotel must be on another planet. Please ignore any uncalled for reviews, as this hotel is a must to visit if you are staying in Santa Ponsa. Keep up the great work fergus style cala blanca !!! I will be returning

3  Thank Elizabeth M
David L, Gerente at FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear guest,
It has been very kind of you, that you took the time to let us know about your experience in our hotel.
Your nice review will help others travellers that would like to come, so I would like to present you again all of my appreciation
The entire team will be very glad to welcome you in the future
Yours sincerely,
David López ( Hotel Manager )
FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Returned a couple of days ago from this hotel and can honestly say we had a fab time. We travelled with Low Cost holidays for 11 nights on the day after the kids broke up for summer hols. We seemed to have got a really good deal having paid £2800 for 4 of us flying from manchester with Ryanair.
We arrived at the hotel after around a 30 min transfer (only us on minibus) to be greeted by a lovely receptionist (didn't get her name) who checked us in and took us to our room and explained about hotel and restaurant etc. The staff work so hard and are lovely. My 2 children aged 5 and 6 both went to miniclub with Jessica and Lynn and had a great time they are always smiling and are great with the kids. Also Christina who ran Maxiclub was brilliant. There was 2 sessions 10.30-12.45 and 3-4.30 sometimes mine went to both.
Food was lovely lots of choice cooked breakfast, pastries, fresh baked bread, different meats cooked at evening meal. Hubby said the meat is the best we have had and have been to a few all inclusives. There is a lovely waitress in the restaurant called sarah she made a fuss of my little girl.
Yes you do have to be up at the crack of dawn for the sunbeds but who wants a lie in anyway!!
Did read some negative reviews before we went but there is nothing to worry about it is great.

Room Tip: Room 28 overlooks sea and has a very big balcony (but does also overlook beach bar and can be a litt...
3  Thank Vicky2778

Dear guest,
Thank you for reporting us your experience after your last stay at FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites. It is a real honour to know that you enjoyed it
It has been a pleasure to receive such good comments; we will share them with all the team
We hope you visit us again and of course we will be very pleased to welcome you

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We arrived for our first ever all inclusive holiday on 29 July.

Rooms
We were put in room 317. This room directly overlooked the entertainment stage with a small sea view. We are a family of 5 and had paid extra for a superior suite which guarantees a sea view....have to say my initial feeling was of disappointment as the view wasn't what I was expecting. I wouldn't advise paying the extra at all as all we had extra was slippers, a bath robe and a fridge with some cold drinks (free on all inclusive anyway). We didn't have any issues with the noise from the main stage. The entertainment was finished by 11pm every night and then it was really quiet.

Pool
Our boys loved the swimming pools, the kids pool had three slides and was only knee deep. The problem isn't with the pools it's with the sun beds. OMG I have never seen anything like it! So many beds crammed together and right up close to the pools which made me feel really uneasy about letting the kids out of my sight. Our first two days were spent sitting on chairs at the pool bar because we couldn't get a bed anywhere. People were telling us that they were setting alarms to get up at 6.30am to reserve sun beds.... My god you're supposed to rest on holiday!! By day three we decided that if we were ever going to get a sunbed we'd need to have a brass neck like everyone else and I admit to twice putting our towels down on beds at NIGHT before we went to bed...RIDICULOUS. The real horror of the pool happened on our 5th day when a little boy almost drowned in the big pool. I was in the pool with two of my boys at the time and if it hadn't been for the actions of another holidaymaker I dread to think what would have happened. The wee boy was eventually resuscitated and was taken to hospital and thankfully was fine.

Food/all inclusive
This was our first time ever going all inclusive. The dining room was huge and very clean. There was plenty of food available whenever we went. My kids and husband are quite fussy eaters and they struggled. We ended up eating out almost every day either for lunch or dinner. There was nothing wrong with the food but it didn't suit us. I wasn't sure what would be available for the kids as part of the all inclusive and we were a bit disappointed that it was only tubs of ice cream and slush that was available in between meal times. I had read reviews about queues for food and drink but we didn't find this a problem at all.

Entertainment
The Animation team work tirelessly from morning to night to keep everyone entertained. My husband and I didn't get involved in any of the adult games and we never felt pressurised into doing so. Our youngest age 7 loved the maxi club which was run by Kristina. I cannot rate this young girl highly enough! She has the patience of a saint, she went around the pool in the morning and again after lunch and gathered all the kids to play games in the pool or take them to a little shaded hut to do arts and crafts. Kristina gives all the children little certificates for taking part in the games and these are presented at the evening mini disco. My little boy didn't want to leave and that was down to Kristina x For the older boys there was a football area and table tennis.

Location
We loved the location of the hotel. You could walk along a rocky beach path all the way to the main beach in santa ponsa which only took about 15 minutes. The square was only about a two minute walk from the hotel and there was entertainment there every night of the week, as well as the Poundstretcher shop where the kids could spend a euro or two...it was like a wee aladdins cave and the lady who runs it was very friendly towards the children.

Overall we had a nice holiday. It was a different holiday from what we expected. I had read about everyone in the hotel being really friendly and while I couldn't say anyone was particularly rude, the only person who went out of her way to be nice was Kristina. After spending a week there I couldn't even tell you anyone else's name. I was quite surprised by the amount of parents who lie back on their sun beds and let their children run riot around the hotel and I found myself on several occasions having to step in and give other peoples children into trouble....like the little girl who told my son that no boys were allowed on the zip slide....eh no..or the group of boys who were slagging my boys off for being Scottish...eh no...or the little boy Noah who was deliberately and continuously shooting a water gun in other kids faces when they didn't want him to.....when I asked him where his parents were...his reply...I don't know!!!!

I would go back to this hotel on a self catering basis and I think it would be much better outwith school holidays as it would be a lot quieter.

This is not a negative review at all but just an honest observation.

4  Thank Rooneymum
David L, Gerente at FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent holiday at our hotel FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites.
Our guest´s feedback is highly appreciated by all of our team and is of great help to not only keep us motivated but also to continuously improve our services and facilities.
In the meanwhile, receive our warm regards from Santa Ponca.
David López
(Hotel Manager)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Just back from this hotel (July 2014). Had a fantastic time. Room was gorgeous, food excellent.
The staff were really really great and the full holiday was brilliant.
Pool was smashing and the little beach at the hotel was lovely - not too crowded
Don't let anybody put you off going, I would go back tomorrow.
Would definitely recommend going all inclusive.

Room Tip: Pay extra for premium room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
David L, Gerente at FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Dear guest,
We would like to express our gratitude for all your nice comments about the hotel
It is good for us to know that you enjoyed your stay with us
Thank you as well for staying at FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites and we look forward to seeing you again!
Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Great Family Hotel. Food is wonderful, rooms and restaurant are all very clean and all staff are helpful. Children's clubs are well run.. This is our 2nd visit to this resort but still the same issue with sunbeds remains. If you do not get up at dawn and throw your towel German like on a bed you do not get one and if you try any time after 7.30am you are out of luck. This is despite signs saying reserving of sunbeds is prohibited. The hotel staff still refuse to do anything about it despite numerous complaints from many guests and this is a real shame.. But in general this a good family hotel...

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank DEF1967

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments, moreover for taking the time in sharing your experience
With reference to your sunbeds comments, I would like to inform you that is a sign saying reserving of sunbeds is prohibited and the hotel offers a limit number of sunbeds according to the size of the swimming pool area.
All our team hopes to get an opportunity to welcome you here again soon
Yours sincerely,
David López (FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites, Manager)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hey not degrading the hotel it is smart and clean and a 15 minute walk from Santa Ponsa but we went on the 23rd of July for 7 nights I know its the kids holidays and peak period but hey man too many people not enough space. Pool area too small not enough space for beds had to be up before 7 to get anywhere near a bed. Our daughters rooms were ok but we got a disbled room right in reception next too lifts noisy yep. Neitherof us are disabled but couldny change room no bath just a wet room. not impressed would i go back nope. Food was good though.

1  Thank 120,154

Dear guest,
On behalf the entire team we would like to thank you for reporting your impressions and feelings regarding your stay at FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites
With reference to your sunbeds comments, I would like to inform you that the Hotel offers a limit number of sunbeds according to the size of the swimming pool area.
We regret to know that your experience with us was not as pleasant as we would love
Do not hesitate to contact us for any other suggestion, which help us to improve our services. Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Just back from this hotel on an all inclusive basis the hotel is nice and the food is ok all inclusive stops at 11.30 then you have to pay for your drinks also there is only slush or ice cream no ice lollies for the kids the room we were in 318 overlooks the stage and is VERY noisy from 9 to 11.30 our floor was only washed once in the week we were there and tables in room were not wiped
The pool area has 2 lifeguards who also empty bins and other odd jobs when we complained we were told the are not there to look after our children just to resuscitate ? the pool is dangerous with all the inflatables as it is small as is the pool area you can not move around the pool safely as sun beds are all crammed together there are not enough bed for the size of the hotel can't get a bed after 7.30 in the morning the day before we left a small child was pulled from the pool by another guest and had to be resuscitated and taken to hospital after that the life guards patrolled the pool TOO LATE in my opinion I would not stay in this hotel again also it says private beach it is a postage stamp
Staff are very abrupt except for the odd one or two

Room Tip: As for room as far away from stage as possible
2  Thank paddy04

Dear guest,
thank you so much for your comments, moreover for taking the time in sharing your experience.
I would like to express my regret and offer my apologies for the fact that the FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites did not meet your expectation.
By making your comments known where we can improve.
We hope that you had a pleasant journey back home