All reviews star hotel other hotels till midnight fresh towels every day last minute deal balcony door a bit of a pain animation team adults and children plenty of choice all inclusive something for everyone hot dogs lovely beach rifle shooting cleaned every day great holiday
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed here in June. I had a small single room, but it had a balcony, and it was very clean. There was more than enough to eat, as I was on the AI deal. It was a pain not being able to get drinks at the sister hotels, with my "free" wristband. I found this hotel and grounds to be much quieter than the other two. It is much smaller too. This suited me. It is very centrally located, and on the level(for those with poor mobility). There were very few British people in the hotel. Not many staff spoke English either. Time to learn some Russian??? Everyone was friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Me and my husband visited Playa Santa Ponsa this July. We are regular couple, so we don't need any special needs, but there are some nuances about this hotel.

The best thing about hotel is the location. It's near the beach (just across the street and lovely park, full of parrots and pigeons) which is sandy and nice with lovely fishes. You can easily find place where you can rent a car (with 50 euro deposit), two Erosky supermarkets, where choice and price of goods is nice, bus stop and so on.

Rooms are small. The worst thing about it - uncomfortable bed. It seems that it's 100 years old. We couldn't have a good sleep. Moreover, there were two beds and we couldn't change the room. Once folded beds - they stand out, because they were on casters. The shower was also very small (~70x70), but you can get used to it.

Food. The worst thing about foot - it's almost the same and it's always just a little bit worm. While you get ready to eat - it's become cold.

The staff nothing special. They keep the distance from the customer, are not very friendly or advising, poor English language.

Overall, (since we only eat breakfast and dinner and came back to sleep) if not the uncomfortable bed and cold food - the hotel is nice, but it need renovation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bee86_13
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I'll try to review the things I wanted to know about this hotel before I went....

This hotel seems very popular with Russian guests - not a criticism, just an observation....

The pool
Small pool area and half of it is in shade for most of the day so if you're a sunbather choose a bed close to the hotel. As I left, the cleaners started closing off the lounge area which is the route to the pool until just before 8am, some people got sunbeds VERY early, but otherwise everyone will get the chance of a bed at a reasonable time if they continue this. Also, the life guard does remove towels from beds where they have been reserved for hours but never used, but you need to mention them to her. So all in all - pretty OK. If you don't need the hassle, the beach is close enough and lovely. If you like a lively pool then over the road at the other hotels may suit you better, Playa pool is fairly peaceful

Rooms
Yes they are a bit old fashioned and the tiny shower is hilarious! To put it in perspective if I put my hands on my hips I touched diagonal corners with my elbows, and I'm 5' 2"!! But no point complaining about something you can't change. Otherwise, my room was immaculately clean. The air con works well and having AC plus a fan is a real plus.

Staff
Just excellent, friendly, efficient, hard working. Alejandro is brilliant, larger than life, and a bit shocking :) The entertainment team keep adults and children happy all day over with activities across the 3 sister hotels but aren't in your face if you don't want to join in.

Entertainment
Ranged from very good to cringeworthy bad. But you can see any show in any hotel you like from the 3 so long as you carry your drinks from your own hotel. As you can get 3 drinks at a time with your AI wristband, this means you're not constantly coming and going. The bingo in "Park" right across the road pays better prizes

Tasty, fresh and lots of it. Yes it gets a bit samey but always meat, poultry, fish, vegetarian, pasta based and a carvery. Lovely fresh salad and too many desserts to resist. The staff are fast and polite. AI wine is served by the bottle not the glass in the restaurant, not just red & white but rose too, or beers, soft drinks..... both at lunchtime and evenings

Other stuff....
Free WIFI downstairs is good especially if you have teenagers. The safe costs 28.50 per week but 10 days charged 28.50 + 7.50 per day for extra three days which I think is a bit unfair.

All in all I've had a really good time at a very competent 3 star. I've stayed in posher, but also a lot worse. Would recommend to anyone, just make sure you take shower gel with a little hook thing or you'll never be able to pic one up from the floor....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank LisaVIP
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Just got back from 10 nights at this hotel. Very handy location 2 mins walk from the beach, found the reception staff very helpful and friendly. The bad points are the rooms are very basic and the bathrooms tiny with probably the smallest showers I have ever seen. The restaurant was cramped with tables far too close together, and the food was poor, only ate here for the first 2 days, then ate out for the rest of the holiday. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank bryans0111
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Just back from a week Ai , clean hotel well run , small double room but not a problem because we only sleep in there.food was excellent plenty of it and choice . Downside sun loungers round pool too close together , more space on roof terrace . Hotel is central in the resort lovely beach .Entertainment staff were excellent and there production of the Ha Ha Horror show was brilliant , would certainly return

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple