“Beautiful Boutique Hotel.”

Playas del Rey Hotel
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Rose and myself stayed here for four nights at the beginning of June.
This is a very much a ' hands on' hotel and the owners Tomeau and Gema just couldn't do enough for you.
Everything is just so fresh about the décor..it was pristine and like walking in to a brand new hotel. Bedrooms were spotless and well fitted out.
Breakfast was very good with a great choice of hot and cold food...Coffee was exceptional.
Lovely quiet pool area..a real sun trap.
Thank you for a lovely four days..your staff are all so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
13  Thank cheekers1

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from our third visit to the Playas del Rey....fantastic 5 nights....service attentive, room and hotel in general, spotless throughout....Daily maid service....nice pool, ample quality sun loungers around the pool and on the rooftop terrace offering unrivalled sea views....bar also a trendy, relaxed place....breakfast very nice. Around 5 mins to the beach and 15 mins to the nightlife giving best of both worlds...a quiet location but with easy access to all amenities. Hotel is also next door to the best restaurant in the resort - No 8 Grill. All in all a first class set up and we will keep returning.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Malcolmandliza
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just returned from 5 days at this hotel and i have to say I was hugely impressed by everything at the Playas Del Rey. The staff were very good very helpful and always attentive and eager to please. Our twin room was very clean and bright with all that you would require. Location excellent only 5 minutes to the beach with ample bars and restaurants within minutes. Breakfast was again a very pleasant experience with lots of choice. Overall a great value hotel with well organised staff who are managed by 2 great hosts. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Ronco
Tomeu E, Manager at Playas del Rey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you very much for the time you dedicated to share your comment in TrypAdvisor.

Your words fill us with satisfaction and motivation to continue doing our best!

Hope to see you soon here again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just superb. Nothing less. This is my second stay here, and if I come back to this part of Mallorca again, Ill stay here. The staff is so nice, so helpfull. Everyone is doing everything to make our stay perfect. We were 12 crossfitters who stayed for a week. Sunday to saturday. I know, that we are a big group, and sometimes we do take up a lot of space, but the staff helped us all the time. And always with a smile.
Thanks for a perfect vacation.
Hope to come back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank mrelsted

Dear Customer,

thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us here at the Playas del Rey Hotel.

It's great for us to hear your positive and encouraging feedback, we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,

Manager

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I arrived here on midnight 27th of July on my own because the hotel where my friends were staying didn' t have a room for me. Apparantly it was a shift change as I was made to wait 15 minutes before getting checked in. The hotel is very basic with nothing going on apart from a place to lay your head.There are many restaurants nearby but no entertainment or bars.The hotel staff watch you come and go too much and I didn' t like that.The rooms could be improved for the high price I paid and it was not really greater than were my friends where staying for half the price.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 787jds89
Tomeu E, Director General at Playas del Rey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Customer,
We really regret disliked our hotel.
Playas del Rey Hotel is located in the quiet area of Santa Ponsa, close to the comercial centre and not so to the bar and discoteque area.
Many of our guests do apreciate presisely the relative tranquility of our hotel.
We regret you felt uncomfortable.
All employees wish to offer quality service to our clients. Because of this, we are always at dispostion to any claims of our service which may occur.
All hotel rooms were reformed and improved during the winter of 2011.
Your sincerely,

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Alles war gepflegt und sauber. Gute Lage, nur ein paar Schritte zum Strand!Guter Preis, nettes Personal, immer hilfsbereit, fair. Good Price, friendly and helpful Service! I've had a great time in Santa Ponsa. Thx :)

Room Tip: Trotz Fahrstuhl neben meinem Einzelzimmer, hab ich kaum was gehört!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Martin K
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Just returned from this Hotel where we went for a belated celebration of my 50th - this place is superb - a real 'home from home'. We could not have been made to feel more welcome, the attention to detail is superb and the breakfasts better than I have experienced in Hotels three times the price. We had a sea view room which was wonderful and the bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. We have Friends in Santa Ponsa and this will DEFINITELY be our base in Majorca from now on!!! Thank you to Thomas, his Wife and the entire Team for making us SO welcome. I was in the Travel Industry for over 20 years and I would recommend this Hotel to ANYONE!!

Room Tip: Worth asking for full or partial Sea View room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple