We have recently come back from a 2 week all inclusive stay at this hotel and can honestly say that we feel we have had a nice refreshing break.
We arrived there late following a mixup at the airport with our transfer but as soon as we saw the view from the lobby and spoke to the very friendly reception staff, this was quickly forgotten. We had previously asked for and were given a room on the 7th floor with equally stunning views over the bay. We had to pay deposits for the towels, changed 3 times a week, and for the safe with an extra E3 per day non refundable. If you are on a tight budget for spending money, bear this in mind.
The room was fine and we managed perfectly well with the amount of storage space for non-hanging clothes. We felt the bathroom could have done with another shelf of some description for the washbag, but this is a minor issue. Plenty of hot water for showers although we had a couple of evenings when the temperature went up and down a bit between hot and cold. It was kept clean although the bathroom floor was a bit suspect at times.
We enjoyed the food in the buffet restaurant and had a lovely meal in the a la carte, served by David who did an excellent job. Gentleman, a reminder, you have to wear long trousers in the dining room but, as my husband did, you can change back into shorts afterwards. The choice of all inclusive drinks was fine and our thanks go to all the bar and restaurant staff who work very hard but still smile and are very friendly. Special thanks at this point to the waiter David who soon remembered my husband's Bell's whisky and lemonade, no ice.
We enjoyed most of the entertainment, apart from one show, The Greatest Duets. This was awful and we weren't the only guests who left the room before the end of the show. Sam and Adam are lovely, very enthusiastic but don't put any pressure on if you don't want to join in their organised activities. (Beware Mr & Mrs!) There is also free evening entertainment in the square about 5-10 mins walk away if you would prefer. If you like a quieter drink, the Blue Bar is the place to go but take some money as they serve very few all inclusive drinks.
The pool area was nice and we found some comfortable beds in the quiet area but they did go very quickly in the mornings. The half hour sunbed policy seems a bit harsh beforehand but works well in practice. The main area was kept clean but we did find some bits around the edges from time to time.
It is about a 20 min walk into the main resort of Santa Ponsa, but they really only have more tourist shops plus drinking and eating places. You would need to get a bus from there into Palma if you wanted the bigger shops.
For Thomas Cook guests, Rita is very approachable and helpful. She took our airport problem very seriously and is pursuing the matter for us. I was very surprised when I read earlier reviews to see people moaning about her. She has several hotels to look after but can always be reached by phone when she is not at the hotel if there are any problems.
If you have any special requests, contact the hotel beforehand. I did this for our room and to book the a la carte restaurant on my husband's birthday. They very kindly gave him a complimentary birthday cake in the restaurant as well as leaving us a bottle of bubbly with glasses in our room. Likewise, if you have any problems whilst there, speak to them at the time, don't come back and moan about it on here. We found our mattresses very hard the first night and we both wanted an extra pillow. We spoke to the reception in the morning and by the time we got back to the room after being outside, they had changed our mattresses over and delivered another pillow each.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca