My fiancee and I chose this hotel for our second wedding anniversary. After booking through being won over by the fabulous views on offer from the hotel, we decided to book.
Sadly what followed was a few days of concern as many travellers were reporting diabolical air conditioning or it simply not working at all.
Well let's get the elephant out of the room out of the way. No, the aircon isn't great, but for us at least it was working and allowed us comfort and sleep for the week we stayed. And that was the single, only issue we endured the whole time we were there.
Everything else the hotel offered, from the SPECTACULAR views (try and get a room on the higher floors), to the impressive yet simple lobby, aesthetically this hotel is one of the best I've ever stayed at.
The food was very much above average buffet, with occasionally themed nights and a wonderful ala-carté restuarant (which all inclusive guests can use once per stay for free).
Let me cut to the chase. This hotel had a diamond, and that was the absolutely fabulous Blue Bar located on the edge of the 5th floor. This floor is open air, and is west facing, catching the perfect sunset every single night. My wife and I spent every night watching the sun go down and the stars come out, as we enjoyed the restrictive yet perfectly adequate all inclusive lift the bar offered. (More variation was offered on the first floor bar). I enjoyed the beer on tap, and my wife enjoyed the daily cocktail. The bar offers an array of seating from tables and chairs to bed loungers as you watch the sun dissapear behind the water, and it was, quite honestly a wonderful experience that I've missed in the last 3 months. It's worth every issue if you admire the simple moments such as a sunset with your partner/spouse.
The pools are great, the entertainment is fun. The rooms are spacious and furnished well. It's a frankly great hotel with a couple of aircon issues, but the open air Blue Bar will right any wrong. It's that good. My wife and I are heavily contemplating a return, but only if we can have the same 7th floor room.. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca