“A great holiday”

SENTIDO Punta del Mar
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I came here as a surprise for my 30th birthday and I loved it.
The views when you walk in to reception are amazing. Also all or most of the rooms have sea views.
All of the staff are incredibly polite and helpful. The food was good, I am a vegetarian and I found there was a lot of choice.
The entertainment was great. In the day we did water polo, table tennis, French boules among other things, and at night they had singers, quizzes and more so air going on. The entertainers Tomasz and Craig were great. Tomasz was so friendly and approachable and wasn't afraid to get stuck in with the activities. We will definitely be going back!
Carrie and John

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Muffy1984
H-Director, Gerente at SENTIDO Punta del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your experience with us on Tripadvisor.
It is fantastic to hear that you have enjoyed your 30th birthday with us,

We would like to thank you your reference about our nice staff, we work daily to improve and realise your wishes, our main goal is that you have an unforgettable experience at SENTIDO Punta del mar.

It is a pleasure to know that you are satisfied with our vegetarian offer, we have special vegetarian corner in our main restaurant.

We hope that our hotel will remain an option for your future holiday in Majorca.

Kind regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,895)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hotel

I stayed at this hotel 22nd- 29th July, Airport transfer was good was first to be dropped off. When we arrived at the hotel we was given a complimentary drink which was nice, check in was quick and our room was even ready. There are two main pools and a small one all a good size, the entertainers were really nice and spoke to us alot, me and mum joined in the aquafit and quiz. I caught a sun rash on my legs and the entertainer was really helpfull and told me where the chemist was and kept asking if I was ok.

I was all inclusive, the breakfast was wonderfull; english bacon,sausages and eggs. Lots of choice the muffins and biscuits were nice, just wished they had them at lunch as was too full in the morning. Lunch was also nice although it was all hot food, wish there was pastries. Lastly I found I didnt like much at dinner, as there wasnt many english dishes, so just filled up on lunch. The white night was on friday and all the staff made a big effort dressing up and getting everyone in the mood. On the sunday me and mum decided to have the a la carte meal which we booked. The waitress was spot on, very proffessional even when I didnt like something, and made it a very special evening. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The blue bar is amazing went there everynight got really good sunset pictures, it's very relaxing and the music is peaceful.
Santa ponsa beach is about 15 mins away, you can walk along the the front by the hotels, we used to stop of at the different bays as it seemed a long walk in the heat. The sunbeds do get full quickly and the staff do monitor this and take towels away which is a bit unfair considering people only went to breakfast, it also made people uncomftable. Overall lovely hotel and lovely staff:)

Santa Ponsa

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view cause its definately worth it
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just returned today (Sat 2nd August) having booked all inclusive at the Sentido Punta Del Marin Santa Ponsa. This was by far the worst Hotel I have ever stayed at. The lifts are a joke. We got stuck along with another couple for ten mins in one of the lifts. We kept pressing the alarm and no one came to help. The staff we not even aware we had been stuck. Eventually the lift just started again. You have to be up really early to even have the chance of getting a sunned. The hotels sunbed policy is laughable and isn't enforced. Actually there wouldn't be a need to control the sunbed use if the hotel had enough beds to begin with. The staff are all miserable and only really smile at those who are not all inclusive. We reported the faulty lights in our room four times. One member of staff clearly lied saying they had been fixed when he thought we were going out for the evening, and was sheepish when we went back to complain again. I do not normally write reviews but you need warning. This is no we're near a top class hotel. It is boring. It is not geared up for all inclusive and if you fall for the good reviews and enticing pictures and decide to stay here I promise you, you will regret it. The only good point is Craig the Entertainment Organiser. But he leaves in Oct for a stint on the Cruise ships and says he won't be back.

Room Tip: Avoid the third floor rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Arrived at the hotel and as everyone will tell you the views as you walk into reception are fantastic (as in deed they are from 90% of the hotel). The reception staff are excellent and give you all the assistance you need.
We were given an upgrade to a mini suit which was very nice, the room its self was a good size two single beds put together to make a double,there was also a good sized leather sofa in the room, TV excellent all the main five English channels available, also a free fridge in the room. The bathroom was a good size with shower. My complaint in this area is €3 per day for the hire of a room safe, sorry but if it's a 4star hotel the safe should be included.
Pools and outside area, pools are of a descent size, for me there is insufficient shaded areas as the weather during our stay was very hot. Floor 1 is the main area during the day for drinks and snacks, the hotel is part all inclusive and part bed breakfast/half,full board, so try not to fall in to the same trap as I did,I noticed someone being served a pizza full sized, being all inclusive I ordered a pizza but only got a slice, so full pizza if you are paying slice if you are all inclusive. However the snacks are all cooked fresh so no food being left out for the local insects to crawl over.
The main dinning room used for breakfast, lunch and dinner again has excellent views, a good selection of salads,meat,veg and fruit, the only thing missing was blue cheese in the cheese section. I did have the misfortune of sitting in the area of a rather rude waiter on my first day but once I got over his rudeness I started to appreciate the efforts of the other staff.
There is a restaurant serving a set menu 8 course you must book this at reception (just tell reception if you have any food dislikes they pass this on to the chief my wife is a veggie can't each pepper all this passed on ) we had an excellent meal here and I would recommend you you do try it, the waitress is excellent.
Overall one rude waiter could have spoiled the holiday, in-spite of this I would recommend this hotel and would go back.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank atthebar
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I've just returned from Punta del Mar having had a fantastic holiday as a solo traveller. Having stayed on the Spanish Islands five times, this is my favourite hotel by far.
The room was clean and had a fridge, hairdryer and TV with the main English channels.
The hotel seems well-staffed and all were friendly and welcoming.
The food was slightly better than most Spanish hotels with a good range of choice. Also the option for an early cold breakfast and packed lunch was available if pre-ordered the day before. Service in the restaurant was better than most Spanish hotels. Tables are cleared quickly so there was never a queue to eat. However, when taking an early breakfast, some of the tables hasn't been cleared from the night before.
One problem I found at the hotel is that there is no drinking water available by the pool on a morning until 10am. In July, it is very hot from 8am on a morning and you can quickly feel dehydrated. You can buy water at the supermarket, fifteen minutes walk from the hotel, but with all-inclusive it shouldn't be necessary.
The wifi is temperamental. Sometimes it connects and has a good signal, sometimes nothing.
The entertainment at the hotel was excellent and the two full-time entertainers, Craig and Thomas, made my holiday. They invite everyone to take part promoting the fun, but not at all pushy. They run the activities day and night; aqua aerobics, water polo, bingo, quizzes, Spanish cookery and language, and they also host the guest acts, those of which I watched were very good.
The water-based activities were held in the lower level pool, aquafit followed by water-polo. The water-polo was the highlight of my holiday. It's very competitive, in a friendly way, and involved people from many nationalities. If you want to relax by the pool undisturbed, the upper pool would be more suitable. Around the lower pool you could be hit by the ball, although nobody seemed bothered by this and particularly went there to watch it and found it hilarious.
There is a choice of beds in the morning though do fill up by the afternoon by people who are actually by the pool. They don't allow reserving beds and will free beds that are not being used for over an hour, and they do time this.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my holiday, and though I don't usually go to the same place twice, if the entertainers are the same next year, I won't hesitate. Brilliant holiday!

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank HeatherS1970
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The Hotel was approx 40 mins from airport which was good. Booking into the Hotel was very quick and efficient. The position of the Hotel is absolutely spectacular with amazing views of Santa Ponsa beach (approx 20 mins walk away and is definitely worth a visit) and the sea. Was very interesting to watch the comings and goings of lots of boats and yachts. The sunsets were absolutely spectacular. The staff were absolutely fantastic, especially those in the restaurant and the ground floor bar. Nothing was ever too much trouble and they all worked so hard to ensure you have a pleasant stay.

The entertainment team of Craig & Tomas were fabulous, they always asked if you wanted to be included in various activities but were never pushy. They both ran a brilliant aqua class every morning which turned out to be a great workout and then to watch them and holiday makers playing water polo was very entertaining. The quizzes were fun too. The evening entertainment had a good variety, but the best evenings without doubt was when Craig was the main entertainment and sang. He had a great routine, part of which we would all join in with and his stage presence and demeanour were just amazing - we would have been happy if he would have been the entertainment every single evening. Craig also does a great discovery tour leading to Santa Ponsa beach which we would recommend.

The food in the restaurant was excellent with a lovely choice each day and there was always a choice of fresh salad (being vegetarian always important) and a nice selection of fresh fruit. There was always a "vegetarian corner" choice of meal in the evening and also pasta too. The others in our party who were meat eaters said the meat and fish was also very nice. The salads served on the ground floor were also always lovely and fresh. All of the staff in the restaurant were always very pleasant and helpful and worked very very hard.

As there were 4 of us we took a taxi into Palma which was approx 15 mins away and only cost us approx 5 euros each way. We also hired a car (via the Thomas Cook rep Rita) for 3 days which was also very good value and enabled us to see all around the island which was very beautiful.

I only have two down points - first was that you had to get up and queue for a sun bed every day by about 8am (doors open at approx 8.20). As we had gone as a party of 4 friends we obviously wanted to be seated next to each other, so on the days we stayed around the pool we put up with this and managed to get a nice quiet spot by the lower swimming pool. Like other comments they should really allow 1 hour to leave the sun beds and have breakfast and 1hr 15 to have lunch. The second was the gym - I feel it could do with updated equipment. There were two cross trainers, two running machines and two bikes, along with some free weights.

Apart from that is was a wonderful hotel and the views from floor 6 where reception was were spectacular. We often took a cup of coffee up there last thing at night and it was always nice and quiet. Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Our room on 3rd floor (335 I think) had a beautiful view across the sea and was nice and cool in the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The overall look is good as we arrived. Reception was a bit rushed with a few mistakes but we tried to overlook it. The room was ok, we were on the fourth floor and the balcony was small with only one chair? Location and views are lovely sea all the way. Just too many if's and why's to make this a good holiday. Why so many old sheets with mini holes? Why such a rude man in the restaurant? Showers that could do much better and a lasting feeling of just not much care put into it. Not all though, some staff were very helpful and the area of Santa Ponsa is small and well suited for a week on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
#4 of 38 in Palmanova
Inturotel Cala Esmeralda
Inturotel Cala Esmeralda
#2 of 46 in Cala d'Or

Been to SENTIDO Punta del Mar? Share your experiences!