“Lovely relaxing holiday”

SENTIDO Punta del Mar
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Just returned from a week all inclusive at this hotel. The views are to die for, and the food was very good. Rooms were adequate , hotel really needs to sort air con out. However the view from all rooms is amazing . Didn't have a prob getting a sun bed, but by 930 ish all beds had gone . Don't forget men have to wear long trousers for evening meal. All waiting and bar staff pleasant, and reception staff dealt with any queries I had , a special mention must go to Tomaz and Craig the entertainment staff, they kept us laughing all through our weeks stay. If they were both there next year , we may consider going back lol. Overall a lovely hotel in a beautiful setting

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank fieryhair77
H-Director, Gerente at SENTIDO Punta del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

I would like to first of all thank you for your time to describe your holiday with us, at SENTIDO PUNTA DEL MAR. We also thank you your visit, it is a pleasure that you have chosen our hotel for your holiday in Majorca.

Moreover, we appreciate your review about our views, thank you to our situation in the top corner; we offer sea views from the entire hotel.

We have taken note about your mention with the air conditioning, and we communicate to our technical team.

It is fantastic to read that you have enjoyed with our entertainment team.

Best regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,896)

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed with my boyfriend for three nights in this beautiful hotel, would highly recommend it to family/friends!! On arrival we were upgraded to a suite which was lovely surprise and the room was so spacious with the most amazing view! Room was clean with large bed and large balcony overlooking pool area.
Pool area clean with two lovely pools and bar area.. "Blue Bar" was our favorite area in hotel.
Sun loungers at pool area fill up quickly but as we didn't use pool area until after 3oclock in day we had no prob getting loungers then.
Hotel approximately 5min walk from range of bars and restaurants and a further 15min walk into Santa Ponsa.
Only negative about the hotel was wifi, very poor quality throughout the hotel and reception staff were not very friendly, however overall hotel was great and would recommend for couples/families who do not want to be in the centre of Santa Ponsa and away from the nightlife scene.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarahtl
H-Director, Gerente at SENTIDO Punta del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

We are grateful that you have decided to spend some time describing your experience with us at SENTIDO PUNTA DEL MAR.

Thank you to our situation at the top corner we can offer a relaxed holiday, in a quiet area near the sea, away from the noise, and a fantastic sea views around all the hotel.

It is a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed with your upgrade, we try to give all the best for all our guests.

We would like to inform you that we are working to improve our wifi service.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the near future,

best regards.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My friend and I had a week booked with Half board at this hotel. We really enjoyed ourselves. As all other people have commented when u arrive in the reception area the views are serene and breathtaking at the same time.. We found we needed to upgrade to a junior suite to have a bit more room and that wasn't a problem all we needed was available. Free wifi a bonus. The food was very plentiful and heaps of variety I especially loved the deserts in the evening. The hotel offers bars , gym and pool area all very good.
After a great week we sadly left and it was then I remembered I had left behind an item in my room we were at the airport and not enough time to go back to retrieve it and after a few phone calls the item was located and taken to be placed in the safe at reception. The lovely reception people were going to post it on for me back to the UK but I decided to get it back express. It was packed superbly by the staff and they put my mind at ease that I would get my item back which I did in two days. I cannot thank them enough as it was a worrying time for me. They were just great. Also I would like to add that our Thomas Cook rep at the hotel was very helpful. Lovely lady. If I am able to get back to Mallorca from Australia I will be returning to this hotel. Many thanks to them I would thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Upgrade to junior suite all have magnificent views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kerrym25
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Nothing negative about the room but the air con was very inefficient and at times worked more like a fan and for people like us that are not used to such heat it was unbearable in the early hours of the morning when the heat starts. There was enough space around the pool but all sunbeds were all gone by 9.am. so we had to wake up earlier to queue up like everyone else just to reserve our sunbed.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just got back from this hotel today, after spending ten days all inclusive. there is nothing bad I can say at all about this hotel, food, entertainment, rooms with a view, and all staff look after you great always with a smile.

I find it very difficult to why people feel the need to put negative feedback, we had a choice of real salmon fillets, duck a la orange, lamb chops, pork steaks, roast beef slices and loads of other veg, salad,pasta and more including Spanish dishes,
Craig and Tomasz were great with a brilliant sense of humour and great at what they do. would definitely go back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank geordiedaveDurham
H-Director, Gerente at SENTIDO Punta del Mar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

It is very enjoyable to know that you enjoyed your holiday in all the aspects with us. Our philosophy is to receive and care for our guests from the first moment at SENTIDO PUNTA DEL MAR.

We also appreciate you reference about our restaurant, the meal is a very important point, and we try to give you the best quality and variety.

Thank you for recommend our hotel and we hope to welcome you in the near future.

Best regards.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Having just returned from a week spent on holiday at this hotel. I would like to comment on what a wonderful hotel it is.

We arrived early morning and were greeted by drinks on arrival which were most welcomed. The views from reception were awesome and as our room was ready we were able to check in. We were on the 2nd floor at the end of a very long corridor. This did at least mean it was quiet and undisturbed in the evenings but was a trek if you wanted to nip back to your room for anything. We found ants in our room, In the bedside drawers and in the wardrobe which was reported to reception and noted in a book. Other than that the room was well equipped, clean and the bed was very comfortable. Wasn't happy at having to pay €3 a day for the safe though.

Mostly the food was wonderful with a huge variety and different theme nights during the week. But what on earth they served on Thursday evening (Turkey roll) I do not know. I was asked how many slices and requested just one luckily because as he sliced into it I quickly changed my mind.. It was like reformed meat encased in jelly, never seen anything like it and didn't eat it. However that was just one niggle in a week of lovely food.

Make sure the male travellers pack at least one pair of long trousers for dinner as that will be requested to wear them. We only found our about this via tripadviser so worth repeating in my review.

I would like to say a huge thank you to Manu (blue bar) and Juan, Bennie, Alba Manuel and David (pool bar) for making our holiday so enjoyable and for our Spanish lessons. They were all so friendly and worked so very hard. They should be acknowledged by the management for the fantastic service they provide. Perfecto! :D

Oh and the food served in the snack bar was lovely and the service was outstanding.

All in all a fantastic hotel but wish it was closer to the beach.

Marie & Mark

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Maz_baz_eng

Thank you very much for taking your time to write your experience at SENTIDO Punta del Mar.

I would like to communicate our staff your satisfaction, especially to our bar staff so to continue making an effort to get the best results.

Moreover, we appreciate your nice comments about our meal because the gastronomy is a very important aspect for having a great holiday. Also, we regret to read that the turkey rolls, I transmit your comment to the F&B manager, and we try to improve it.

Thank you for your visit, and recommend our hotel .Hopefully we can fulfill your expectations in the near future, and remain at your entire disposal for any request you might have regarding coming vacations with us.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay. We deliberated over our choice of hotel for quite some time and it was well worth it! This hotel was perfect for a totally relaxing week being looked after in the sun. No niggles. We loved it. Be aware the transfer from Palma was 1 hour.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank stefandjohn

We would like to express our gratitude for the time you took out of your day to write a comment about your holidays with us, at SENTIDO PUNTA DEL MAR.

Thanks for your nice comment about our hotel, the hotel is located in a quiet area near the sea, away from the noise, a perfect place for a relaxing holiday.

Kind regards

#4 of 38 in Palmanova
Inturotel Cala Esmeralda
Inturotel Cala Esmeralda
#2 of 46 in Cala d'Or

Been to SENTIDO Punta del Mar? Share your experiences!