Fact - Sunbeds - Queue until 08.30hrs to claim sunbeds ( people queued a lot earlier to be amongst the top half of the queue). Sunbeds are so scarce in comparison to the number of hotel guests wanting them that lots of people queued as if it was for the Harrods Sale. See my photo of the queue. The queue snaked back to the lifts at the back of the Bar.
Fact - All Inclusive - No Bottled Water available ( unless you pay for it) - you only have the choice of glasses / plastic tumblers of water to carry around.
Fact - All Inclusive - Limited drinks available at Lunch / Dinner ( photo of Drinks Menu attached) Beer only available in a wine glass.
All Inclusive - Pool Bar, you must ask for Gordons or Bacardi or Bells or Smirnoff to get them otherwise you'll end up with very very cheap local Spirits. The Thomas Cook Rep. will tell you this but you have to keep an eye on the staff as they will 80% + of the time give you local spirits even though you've pointedly asked for these Brands.
The lifts are dangerous - we and other guests were caught in the lift that's second from the left. The Doors do not recognise when someone or something is caught in it, the door closes pretty quickly. The next door lift jammed with the 3 of us and another person in- for five minutes , with us pressing the alarm bell (for 4 minutes) which we heard ringing. Other guests on the other side of the lift managed to open the lift doors. We had heard from other guests that they had been stuck in the lift and no one from the Hotel came to help them.
We complained about this to the Hotel Head Receptionist / Manager, she said it was nothing to do with the Hotel but it was fault of the Lift Company. A couple of days later a Hotel Technician tried unsuccessfully to keep open the Lift door but very nearly had his hand caught in the door.
we heard from another couple that they complained about their room phone not working. They were told its nothing to do with the hotel and that it was an outside problem. Three days later they had their phone made operable.
Our Sink was blocked and we called reception, they sent a technician, he cleared it but next day it was blocked again, another technician managed to unblock it.
Air conditioning was smelling of tobacco smoke during the evening and night, I reported this. They would look into it but no one ever did. The smell went after the next door residents left the next day.
The Sunbeds are ridiculously close to each other unless you manage to get a real Double SunBed - I've attached photos of the close proximity ie elbow to elbow and head to toe of the sunbeds, added to this are the SunShades that if open by the people at your feet then that shade will block the sun from you.
We never saw the pool being cleaned properly, only a person with a net clearing any visible
The food on offer was very good and the Italian and Spanish nights were particularly good, with a wealth of choice and good quality.
The Entertainment was fine - Thomasz was funny and entertaining. Craig, the more experienced rep. was funny and sung well.
The A La Carte restaurant was a delight as was the Chef and the wonderful waitress.
Wi-fi is free but due to guests not being able to access it, either in their rooms or around the Hotel, the hotel changed the Wi-Fi protocols at least three times in two days.
Added to this poor Holiday, my wife had a chest infection on the 4th day of our stay. Upon returning home, she has been to the Doctors twice due to the seriousness of the infection and has been prescribed strong Antibiotics and Steroids, she is still suffering.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca