Just returned from a holiday in Hotel Punta del Mar in Santa Ponsa. The hotel is situated at the northern end of Santa Ponsa and has excellent views of the sea and surrounding coastal areas. It is about 15/20 minutes walk to the centre of Santa Ponsa although there is a very lively square a short walk from the hotel which has live entertainment every night until about midnight. You can then enjoy a drink in one of the many bars in the sqaure until the early hours. The hotel was fantastic. The restaurant staff were very friendly particularly a waiter called Juan. His friendliness made us enjoy our meal even more. The food was first class and there was a magnificent selection of food. Breakfast was equally as good. We were on half board (ie Breakfast and Dinner), but you could change dinner with lunch provided you gave notice. The food selection for Lunch was not as extensive as Dinner but was still within an acceptable standard. We asked if they were going to have Gazpacho any night but we were told that the majority of the clientele preferred warm soups. Notwithstanding that they made a jugful of Gazpacho just for us.
There were 2 pools and there were always sunbeds available irrespective of what time of the day you went to the pool. The room was roomy with a fantastic terrace area to enjoy the views. The sound of the waves gave the illusion we were on a cruise. There was a television but you need to pay a nominal fee for it to be operational. About 10 euros for a week. The rooms were cleaned every day.
The hotel is thorughly recommended and I would have no hestitation in staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Punta del Mar **** Location: On a slope above the sea, the center and the main beach are about 1500 meters away. The next bay and shopping area are a short walk away. Facilities: Renovated in 2012 the SENTIDO Punta del Mar with 234 rooms on seven floors has a lobby with sitting area, internet corner and WiFi internet access, TV room with satellite TV, a bar, a cafeteria with a large terrace and restaurant with sea views. The outdoor area has got a swimming pool, sun terrace with loungers and parasols and a poolside bar. Minimum age 16 years Meals: All meals in buffet form. Lodging: The rooms are equipped with shower / WC, air conditioning / heating, wireless internet, mini fridge, safe (extra charge), telephone, satellite TV, balcony and sea view. Junior suites are larger with the same features and in addition have a hair dryer, bathrobe, minibar and seating area. Double rooms and Junior Suites Superior have additionally with 2 chairs on the balcony. Sport and wellness Included: Indoor pool (for colder months), Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, fitness room and table tennis. Extra charge: table tennis, billiards, bike rental, massages and treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Priceline so you can book your SENTIDO Punta del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa
- Hotel Punta Del Mar
- Punta Del Mar Hotel
- SENTIDO Punta Del Mar Santa Ponsa, Majorca