“Amazing views.”

SENTIDO Punta del Mar
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 2 June 2010

We stayed at this hotel for ten days, we had a lovely relaxing holiday. The view of the bay from our window was fantastic. My husband used the outside pool but I declined as it was too cold!
The rooms were comfortable and although we have experienced much better food in other three star hotels the meals were adequate.
If you want to make use of television you have to pay a refundable deposit and you will be given a handset.
Maid service was good although the outside areas of the hotel ie steps and corridors could have been cleaner.
Overall we enjoyed our holiday and found staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,897)

Reviewed 18 May 2010

the hotel is set into a hillside approx 500 metres from santa ponsa,a ten minute walk to the main shops and bars via the roadway or 15 mins over the rocks along the shoreline
the rooms although small are more than adequate and the bathrooms are a decent size with excellent shower pressure.the sheets were changed weekly and towels changed daily if required.
the cleaning staff were really friendly and always smiling with the usual hola as we passed
the reception area is quite large with views to die for,staff there spoke good english and were always helpful
now to the food..........the first week the food was excellent a different roast carvery every night with plenty of choices of veggies to go with it and of course the tray of chips
starters where varied although mostly aimed at the dutch market however i usually found something that agreed with me
the desserts were also the usual fare cakes tarts jellys and ice cream
all in all a good choice
the second week the carvery went downhill slightly although i couldnt write a complaint about it....just repetition of turkey twice which was always a bit dry but then isnt it always
there are three pools on the veranda one small toddlers size and two more for older kids/parents etc.
there is a bar with very mediocre entertainment although that may have had something to do with the time we visited
close to the hotel is an area known as spanish square this square is surrounded by bars that club together and put on a stage show with tribute bands, this is free to the clientle bands such as queen abba west life etc a bit tonque in cheek but free all the same
all in all i really enjoyed this hotel and would go back again

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gliderfly
Reviewed 6 May 2010

We stayed here for 11 nights, should have been 7 but for the volcano in Iceland. The hotel did not put the price up and looked after us very well (51euros per night for 2 half board) . Yes its 3 star and needs a bit of modernising but the room was very clean, bags of hot water, new towels every day and the staff were very friendly in the restaurant and on the desk. The food at breakfast was great - loads of choice for everyone and plenty of choice at dinner too. If I had to find fault, the drink prices were not cheap which was a shame because I know it put a lot of people off.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank albocoupster
Reviewed 23 April 2010

A lovely hotel with stunning views. The food was excellent and the staff very helpful, would recommend it. We booked a holiday through Jet2.com but caught up in the Icelandic Volacano chaos and were moved to the Luna Park Hotel Arenal - another story!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Swissball
Reviewed 16 April 2010

Flew with Flybee (Lovely!) from Southampton. We (6 of us) were met at arrivals by driver from Janerbus (would use them again, very good service), 16 seater coach, for the trip to our hotel. Nice friendly welcome from receptionist, who advised us that our rooms were on the 5th floor and were very nice.

We had a three bedded room and found it suitable for our needs, not cramped at all. Lovely big balcony and superb views over SP. The hotel was in need of some attention. Some ares were badly in need of redecoration and some areas had not been swept for some time. Nice indoor swimming pool and small outdoor pools. I agree with the other reviewer about the slippery tiles near the pool areas.

Nice lounge area with a stage. Smallish bar with nice friendly staff.
I thought the food was limited and rather average but having written that, I enjoyed most of my meals. I have stayed in other 3 star hotels with better food. We were served by head waiter who we found to be very friendly. If he laughed at my attempts at Spanish, he made sure I didn't notice!

The evening entertainment was provided by a very friendly chap (English) and he made a superb job of keeping the children amused. Nobody lost at any of the games, everyone was made a 'winner'! Well done!

All in all, very happy with what I had. It was good value for money.

Would I go back to this hotel?, umm, not sure.

3  Thank Norman-B
Reviewed 12 April 2010

For the money we paid I feel we as a family got good value for money! a small family of three towing a highly excitable 7 yr old boy to a resort we had never been to before was quietly pleased when we looked out of our balcony to see stunning views around a perfect horseshoe bay! OK the hotel is rated as a 3* but its a 2* in disguise with the extra star awarded for the view! the food was plentiful as much as you want even if you wanted green beans & carrots for your breakfast! the staff were friendly but not "in your face" entertainment was woeful though a ride back to the retro 70's with a couple of organ players on a couple of occasions! the saving grace was the British DJ who for 4 nights single handedly looked after all the kids (and big kids!) with various games and entertainment. I would recommend the bus into Palma on a Wednesday 30mins dropped outside the catheredal and free to get into the palace(take your passport) and easy to get around as well. the rooms in the hotel were cleaned everyday but were a little basic. because the outdoor pools were freezing(not enough sun!) the indoor pool was more than adequate. As a resort Santa Ponsa is fine very strong Irish/Scottish influence a 10 minute walk down to the main beach area which is still under construction and it needs a good tidy up.I would like to see this hotel in season when it should be really kicking!!

3  Thank Villa1874
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I booked this last minute 4 night Easter break for myself and my husband along with my parents, 6 year old stepdaughter and 11 year old nephew. I wanted somewhere with plenty going on for children out of season and near the airport.

I was a little concerned when I read some of the reviews but I cannot see what there was to complain about... OK, the food was 'pretty average' and the rooms could have been a bit cleaner but we only paid £15 each a night - half board - with hotels4u.com. You get what you pay for - if we had paid more then we may have got the food and rooms of the Iberostar next door.

The hotel was just what we were looking for - the views were stunning (ask for a room on floor 5 - the balconies are huge), beautiful sunsets, the pool area was lovely (watch out for the slippery tiles near the main pool area), 10 minute walk into Santa Ponsa and the service was great... I have to say a huge thank you to the DJ who kept the kids entertained all night long. He was fabulous and made 2 children's holiday extra special with all the dancing, competitions and games...

I think I would return due to its location and stuff for children to do (the inside swimming pool was great as the weather couldnt be relied upon) but if you are seeking luxury then please remember that this is a 3 star hotel and it may not be for you.

4  Thank AlisonB
Bahia del Sol Hotel
Bahia del Sol Hotel
#26 of 33 in Santa Ponsa
FERGUS Style Cala Blanca Suites

Been to SENTIDO Punta del Mar? Share your experiences!