“No surprise, now gone from the scene”
Review of El Rodizio - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue, Spanish, Steakhouse, Brazilian, South American
Dining options: Waitstaff
Dining options: Waitstaff
Cupar, United Kingdom
“No surprise, now gone from the scene”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had a really awful meal here in September - 2013. We were the only two diners. Two very pleasant Argentinian lads cooking & serving. Very good salad bar - it was the meat [allegedly the places speciality] which was very poor indeed and barely edible. The meal was appallingly bad and it was obvious that the place wouldn't survive long. This restaurant was only open in this form for a couple of years.
Previously it had for 27 years been Paco's Special Restaurant - one of the better places to eat in Santa Ponsa and one of our favourites during our regular annual holidays in Santa Ponsa over the last 25 years. Was very glad to hear that the owning family of Paco's have taken control and re-opened again as Paco's so we'll be eating there in August.

• Visited September 2013

Crossgar
“Steer clear”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I had barbecue chicken and it was as tough as an old boot and dry. My daughter had bbq ribs - when she ordered them the Spanish waiter who couldn't speak much English went to great lengths to explain that the bbq sauce was out of a plastic contained like Tomato Ketchup! As she didn't fancy anything else on the menu she persevered. She paid for it as they ran straight through her and she spent the whole next day vomiting anything she tried to eat. My other daughter got Pork Fillet Steak and she quite enjoyed it. Service is extremely slow - we waited more than 30 minutes after ordering the food before it was served.

• Visited September 2013
United Kingdom
“Awful.”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Having eating at some great Brazilian steak houses (Fogo De Chau, ATL) this was just a complete disappointment. The setting is pretty horrible we were seated next to an old man stinking of body odour, smoking a cigar and watching the TV (spanish soap) really loudly. The salad bar was tiny, limited and very very dry. The best bit was the chimichuri which was nice. The "10" selection of meats was rubbish, I dont class pineapple as a meat and a hot dog sausage wrapped in chewy bacon with a bit of horrible cheese is not Brazilian OR edible. The waitress bought our drinks over then promptly left whilst I had to try and endure the endless chewy overdone meat with no further drink or water. After first two pieces of meat just wanted to pay and leave but with no waitress anywhere in site we managed, just, to stay to the end. I honestly advice you not to bother, it is just not nice at all.

• Visited August 2013
Calvia, Spain
“GREAT SELECTION”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I shared a mixed kebab and there was more than enough for two. We ate outside, which is not the most picturesque of locations, but we got caught up in the experience, joking with the staff, so forgot where we were. At here twice, and the staff remembered us and were most welcome. We are in the area for a while longer so will return.

Visited May 2013
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent steakhouse”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I visited this restaurante a few days ago with friends.I ordered the fillet steak and my friends chose the Sirloin,theirs was pretty good but mine was fantastic,I would go as far to say one of the best I have had.Argentinian beef is delicious.I can also recommend the house wine which was more than pallatable.

• Visited October 2012