We arrived around 4am for out all inclusive week. They had put on a buffet for anyone who fancied something to eat. We went to bed and saved ourselves for breakfast. Room was clean and a fine size. Looked out onto another hotel but didn't spend that much time in room to be bothered by the view! Also it came in handy when i connected to their free wifi! The air con didn't seem to be working a couple of nights but after we discovered the electrics work with any card (although maids remove them) the room remained cool rest of the week. I saw someone else mention the pillows, they were a bit flat for me but speak to the maids and tehy'll get you another one.
Food was good at every mealtime. Took a couple of night for us to discover that there was a children's section but my daughter was happy to try new things and didn't bother looking at the kids food. Never had to wait long for a drink. Slush's are popular. The bar food looked good and my Daughter ate from there instead of going inside at lunch time.
Kids club were excellent. Couldn't have asked for a better bunch to keep the young ones occupied.Took them down the beach, stayed around the pool or went in to play the games. Also lots of encouragement for the adults around the pool to join in games too. Loved the quiz and the certificate presentation. Loved seeing how proud they all were :) The bingo prizes were worth playing for, around 250 euros every night! The shows after the bingo was varied enough and was worth watching. Some nights the entertainment was all audience participation other nights there were singers or dancers.
The pool was smaller than we expected but never seemed overly crowded unless everyone took up the offer of joining in the pool for a game or a wee bit aerobics! Maybe restricting the kind of balls that can be thrown about in the pool would be a good idea. On more than one occasion there was a youngster that had been hit by a heavy ball. I, personally, never made it down to see the queue for the sunbeds although 1 of our party did join it each morning. There was some beds available later in the morning but they were scattered single ones but as long as you are behind the yellow line you can move them to get a couple together.
We arranged a late check out the day before we were due to leave without a problem. We paid the extra to have our room until 6pm. All inclusive service finished at 3 on the day of departure which was disappointing since we weren't leaving hotel until 11ish. Dinner was still provided though only the drinks were to be paid for. Daughter a wee bit upset she didn't get to keep her wristband as they were cut off and kept by the dining room monitor guy. Never mind, she'll get another one next year!
Nice location, beach at the end of the street. Supermarket to the left and McDonalds to the right. Found a euro section in one shop where souvenirs from Tenerife, Ibiza and Barcelona were available..haha. We went to the Inca Market but wish we hadn't. There was nothing there that we couldn't have got at the local shops or along the beach front in the evening! The outlet village was pretty rubbish too, nice fountains though. We had our lunch there then it was time to head back to the bus so only had a quick walk round. Travelling there and back was informative, the wee guy new his plants!
We all had a great time and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 200 m. from the stunning beach of Santa Ponsa, the Zafiro Rey don Jaime hotel features a wide range of facilities for children such as games, animation programme, pool, playgroung and much more, which make this exclusive 4-star resort the ideal accommodation for some family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zafiro Rey don Jaime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa
- Zafiro Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa, Majorca