Stayed at the Rey Don Jaime for 11 nights All Inclusive. This was our third stay at the Rey Don Jaime within three years.
When we first arrived the lovely reception staff allowed us to have a look at two rooms so we could decide which one we would like to stay in. Although this was only offered to us after we mentioned it was our third stay.We chose a room on the third floor which was parallel to the stage out back. This meant a) Good view of the entertainment and a good view overall b) If we ever wanted to get an early night or relax in our room at night we could hear the entertainment which was pretty loud at times.
The food at breakfast was brilliant as always. A lovely choice of British cooked food and cereal. However this year I felt lunch and dinner was a bit of a hit & miss. However when it was good, it was good! If there was one suggestion I would love the hotel to take on-board it would be to LABEL ALL THE FOOD AND LABEL IT PROPERLY. One of my family who was traveling with us is currently pregnant and has to watch what she is eating and that was extremely difficult when food wasn't labeled or the label wasn't detailed enough. There was one instance where she was about to eat a salad when we alerted her to the fact that there was sea food in it. She was unaware of this as the dish was not labeled. However, we could always find something to eat and the head chef was very funny and had lots of banter.
The hotel rooms were great and very clean thanks to the good work of the cleaning staff who were very friendly. The air-con in the room is fantastic.
We had no issue with the shortage of deck chairs as we always went to the beach which was literally a five minute walk from the hotel.
The hotel is in a great location and is very central to mostly everything!
We never took part in any of the daytime activities but the entertainment team always made a great job of entertaining the kids and adults during the day and deserve a lot of credit!
The WiFi is €20 for one week BUT it only runs on ONE device so if you have children who have multiple iPods or iPads it can be quite costly.
On our last day we had a very early flight but the staff were kind enough to open the restaurant for us so we could have some breakfast.
The hotel were also kind enough to give me a bottle of champagne on my birthday!
I've given it 4 stars (green circles if we're being pedantic!) but if I could award half stars (half green circles) I would give it 3.5 stars. All in all, it is a great hotel and I would advise travelers, especially those with children, to give it a chance! The kids will love it. I would definitely go back, but maybe not for some time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 200 m. from the stunning beach of Santa Ponsa, the Zafiro Rey don Jaime hotel features a wide range of facilities for children such as games, animation programme, pool, playgroung and much more, which make this exclusive 4-star resort the ideal accommodation for some family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Zafiro Rey don Jaime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa
- Zafiro Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa, Majorca