This was our 7th visit to the RDJ and I can honestly say it was the best so far.We arrived to a great welcome from Maria(good luck with baby!)and given the room we had requested.fabulous 5th floor with outstanding views of the bay.The food had certainly improved on last year with the most amazing choice and good and hot.Juan and the restaurant staff do a brilliant job with replenishing and clearing up.To anyone who has said they are rude,lazy and unhelpful,are you sure you were staying in the same hotel?They don't speak a lot of English but just say Hola to them and they are really pleased.Curtesy goes a long way with them.They're only human!The only problem with the rooms is that they could do with bigger wardrobes.We don't need complimentary toiletries in the bathroom as I would have thought most people bring their own!!I would suggest to take your own hairdryer though,as it's tricky to keep your finger on the button while drying your hair.Bar staff were pleasant and efficient as always.They have a tough job to do but make it look easy!!!Thanks for everything,Luis,Cristobal and mi amigo, Paco.The entertainment team,Max Rosh and Tom were brilliant as always.Max always gives 200% even at the end of the season and makes sure everyone has a good time.The acts were pretty good as well.Not sure about Los Bitels though!!Michael Buble was fantastic and did half an hour past his finishing time and his guitar playing was outstanding.George Pena is a great as ever and always garantees a good laugh.You would have to be a right misery not to find something to laugh at!!!
Santa Ponsa is a lovely resort.Not that big, but that's what makes it nice.The beach is great for families and is very safe.All in all, it's a great hotel and resort, so ignore all the moaners and whingers and give it a try.It's great for disabled people as well.You can hire wheelchairs and scooters if you have to.All public areas are one floor.Bring on the 8th visit next year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 200 m. from the stunning beach of Santa Ponsa, the Zafiro Rey don Jaime hotel features a wide range of facilities for children such as games, animation programme, pool, playgroung and much more, which make this exclusive 4-star resort the ideal accommodation for some family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zafiro Rey don Jaime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa
- Zafiro Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa, Majorca