“Fantastic!”

Zafiro Rey don Jaime
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our second year at the Rey Don Jaime. Before we even got to the hotel we had heard about the animation team being changed, so we was all a bit on edge as the previous animation team was spectacular (Max and Rosh) so we didn't know what to expect. There is a new animation team from 'viva hotels' the company is called... There's a girl called Charissa who works mostly with the kids club, I've been to a lot of hotels and country's and Charissa has been the best animation I have ever had (which takes a lot) she's easy to talk to, she can interact with adults and the child... Which she's absolutely fantastic with the children! She also was fab with the adults, went out a couple of times with her, had a laugh through out my days with her, and now I can call her a friend! On the opposite side there is a man called Rafael who is also animation, he works mostly with the adults. He is unorganised at times and doesn't have a clue what he's doing. It seems to be Charissa picking up the pieces when he's meant to be in charge. He's a nice person and is getting a but better with confidence. The food there is fab and all staff are always welcoming! Fab 10 days and I'll be back!

7  Thank Demi W

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went with 2friends, had a lovely relaxing holiday. Easy access to beach and shops bars etc. Hotel staff were great, very helpful and obliging. Desk staff very helpful, one in my estimation exceptional, nothing too much trouble for him,,I had booked single accommodation but found it for lack of better word not spacious enough for me, but Abdel was on duty my first morning, on enquiring about upgrade this lovely gentleman "said have breakfast then come back to see me",on return he had arranged a room on same level as my friends, this act alone meant a lot to me, and really helped make my stay memorable. Food excellent friendly staff, rooms cleaned daily, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay & would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms to rear of hotel get early morning sun,7am sitting on balcony in sunshine. Also quieter as awa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Bruce L
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed 20th to 31st May, 2014. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried!! Firstly the location is great a couple of minutes from sea front. Also a 5 minute walk to bus stops, with buses to Palma, Andraitx, Paguera etc. If going to Palma use express bus cost 3euros 40. Buses are busy but always managed to get one. Rooms in hotel are fine for 3*. We hired fridge and safe as we weren't all inclusive. Fridge was excellent and seemed to be brand new. TV had a few BBC and ITV stations which was a change. Hotel was busy the second half of holiday and floors noisy as not carpeted. As for food we are fussy eaters but this suited us well. Always lots of variety and I can recommend the chef's special chicken Tikka Masala and also Paellla. Breakfast had great cooked items plus usual yogurts, cereals, pastries etc. Fab to have microwaves in dining room to really heat food if you like it very hot like me, although most of it was hot enough for most people! Plenty of sunbeds available but very squashed in. Staff were great, everything we asked was seen to immediately. Rooms cleaned very well every day. We stayed with Thomsons and their reps were the best I have come across. This is a busy hotel with some noise, but if you want a great location, clean rooms, and good food you'll love it. We did.!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of hotel, so there was no pool or road noise, although view was not great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cameron123
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A lovely hotel. Location was great very very close to the beach, bars and restaurants. If your looking to go Magaluf for a night it's only €10 away in a taxi.
There is a lovely restaurant called gusto divino - Italian.

The only down side for me was the fact u can hear everything in your room when you're trying to sleep, such as someone snoring next door or talking. So if you stay here don't stay on level 1! I asked to be moved to level 4 on the opposite side from the reception and was a lot quieter! As if your on level one you will hear even more such as everyone and anyone coming in and out drunk.

The entertainment was bingo at 9:30 every night. Then a show from 10-11.
Met some lovely people and made some good memories. Good for couples and families. The thompsons reps were there everyday all day and were
great! I would recommend this hotel.
The all inclusive good was basic but good and snacks by the pool from 11 :) happy days.
If you chose to go. Have a brilliant holiday :)

1  Thank RAB02
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just got home from this hotel yesterday after a eleven night stay with my twin boy's age 11. I had to admit after reading the reviews from previous weeks I was slightly apprehensive.I don't normally do this sort of thing, but I think it's important to let other people know.....we had a fantastic time, great food, lovely staff. The rooms are a bit basic but they are spotless! For a 3* hotel I would give it 9 out of 10. The Thompson reps were amazing, Liam Aiden Lee and Cat are a credit to Thompsons! If I could fault anything I would like to see the hotel in force a better dress code for the evening meal! Sadly some of the brits did let us down, not only with their dress code buty their manners to. Go and enjoy. ;-)

6  Thank Andovergirl01
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

At first the hotel seemed very inviting and in a brilliant location. The desk staff were pleasant and very helpful, as were the on hand reps. The room was a good size although the view off the balcony was something else. My room (415) had been made up obviously a while ago as a thick layer of dust covered everything and continued to cover most things all week. The towels were almost threadbare, no mattress covers on bed and the pillows had quite a few ' stains' on them . The main entertainment room resembled what could only be described as a working men's club, nothing like any hotel I've stayed in before. The food was ok as were the all inclusive drinks. Plenty sun beds and seating outside.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here last year for a week in august all inclusive and loved it,myself and my daughter are very fussy eaters but there was a great choice of food,The rooms were cleaned every day with fresh towels and the beach was only a 2 minute walk away where we spent most of our time due the the fact we could never get a sunbed around the pool but we didn't mind as the beach was lovely.The evening entertainment was a great laugh and everyone joined in,we would definitely stay here again......Be very careful of pickpockets,we went to a market in palm and my husband caught a woman and 2 men following us they had seen him take his wallet out of his pocket to make a purchase and tried to pickpocket him,but being from south london they soon got the shock of their lives when hubby alerted the whole market at the top of his voice of the trio's intentions,apart from this it was a great holiday and a really lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Room facing the street a little nosey due to night clubs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family