“Not for couples!”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Dorchester, United Kingdom
“Not for couples!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Where does one start? Reception; impressive reception entrance, swiftly booked in. This was a second week following island cruise ( which was fab - couldn't fault!). Room, clean, towels - threadbare beds - no mattress protector, sheets thin never stayed in place, woke up several time a night trying to put sheet over mattress!!

Food - well let's put it this way, I wouldn't give to my dog! Slop on a plate, it was a case of trying to make a meal, Yorkshire pudding with no beef or roast potatoes, when beef was on more like leather - personally I would of like some 'Spanish food'. Perhaps we were spoilt on the cruise. My husband and I had booked a cruise with a stay after at this hotel to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary ... Now I know you will be reading this and say we our fussy - not at all, we met a couple on the cruise concerned about this hotel and food reviews, the hotel has been taken over 2013 reviews were brill hence we booked, we struggled to make a meal, and did eat out on several occasions. We spent 3 days trying to get out of this hotel, being half term we were only offered another hotel costing a further £700, bearing in mind we had already paid out £2200 and £300 on cruise trips to Thomson holidays!
All I can say if you want a chill out holiday with good (hot even) food do not go here, if you are booked try and change! Snacks, well if you like burger and chips and burger and chips you'll be okay! (I have to say the people tucking in were and obviously singing praises about the food bluntly were obese!)
The rep suggested as the room was ok to hire a car and use as a base - which we did, but hey this was suppose to be 'All inclusive'! Relaxing week - not!
Disappointed customer - would never go back (see web - Handpicked and returning customers!)

Room Tip: If you're booked and enjoy real food (not burgers and chips) try and change! The pool area is li...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Trendytrudy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Polish first
merseyside
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Food good,location fantastic second year at the Rey Don Jamie Thomson Reps all great Liam,lee,Aidan but my favorite was KAT go KAT.Kat was a really nice person and took time out.Thomson Reps do a good job going above and beyond.Rooms reasonable very clean,cleaners work very hard although if you try and get to the pool earlier they will take you out.;-) I say that in fun.
They do a good job.Pool area clean entertainment team work hard but need to work on there relationship as that work independently.(there no i in team) both Clarissa and Rafael are really lovely people and gifted in different areas thank you for a lovely time !! Lots of lovely Gordie's and Scotish you Know who you are (Gary/Andrea/Sharon and the Scotish Clan Derek & Lynsey and Co Fred & Yvonne x

2 Thank colette r
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was our second year at the Rey Don Jaime. Before we even got to the hotel we had heard about the animation team being changed, so we was all a bit on edge as the previous animation team was spectacular (Max and Rosh) so we didn't know what to expect. There is a new animation team from 'viva hotels' the company is called... There's a girl called Charissa who works mostly with the kids club, I've been to a lot of hotels and country's and Charissa has been the best animation I have ever had (which takes a lot) she's easy to talk to, she can interact with adults and the child... Which she's absolutely fantastic with the children! She also was fab with the adults, went out a couple of times with her, had a laugh through out my days with her, and now I can call her a friend! On the opposite side there is a man called Rafael who is also animation, he works mostly with the adults. He is unorganised at times and doesn't have a clue what he's doing. It seems to be Charissa picking up the pieces when he's meant to be in charge. He's a nice person and is getting a but better with confidence. The food there is fab and all staff are always welcoming! Fab 10 days and I'll be back!

7 Thank Demi W
Berwick-upon-Tweed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went with 2friends, had a lovely relaxing holiday. Easy access to beach and shops bars etc. Hotel staff were great, very helpful and obliging. Desk staff very helpful, one in my estimation exceptional, nothing too much trouble for him,,I had booked single accommodation but found it for lack of better word not spacious enough for me, but Abdel was on duty my first morning, on enquiring about upgrade this lovely gentleman "said have breakfast then come back to see me",on return he had arranged a room on same level as my friends, this act alone meant a lot to me, and really helped make my stay memorable. Food excellent friendly staff, rooms cleaned daily, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay & would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms to rear of hotel get early morning sun,7am sitting on balcony in sunshine. Also quieter as awa...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Bruce L
Central Scotland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed 20th to 31st May, 2014. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit worried!! Firstly the location is great a couple of minutes from sea front. Also a 5 minute walk to bus stops, with buses to Palma, Andraitx, Paguera etc. If going to Palma use express bus cost 3euros 40. Buses are busy but always managed to get one. Rooms in hotel are fine for 3*. We hired fridge and safe as we weren't all inclusive. Fridge was excellent and seemed to be brand new. TV had a few BBC and ITV stations which was a change. Hotel was busy the second half of holiday and floors noisy as not carpeted. As for food we are fussy eaters but this suited us well. Always lots of variety and I can recommend the chef's special chicken Tikka Masala and also Paellla. Breakfast had great cooked items plus usual yogurts, cereals, pastries etc. Fab to have microwaves in dining room to really heat food if you like it very hot like me, although most of it was hot enough for most people! Plenty of sunbeds available but very squashed in. Staff were great, everything we asked was seen to immediately. Rooms cleaned very well every day. We stayed with Thomsons and their reps were the best I have come across. This is a busy hotel with some noise, but if you want a great location, clean rooms, and good food you'll love it. We did.!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed at the back of hotel, so there was no pool or road noise, although view was not great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cameron123
Devon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

A lovely hotel. Location was great very very close to the beach, bars and restaurants. If your looking to go Magaluf for a night it's only €10 away in a taxi.
There is a lovely restaurant called gusto divino - Italian.

The only down side for me was the fact u can hear everything in your room when you're trying to sleep, such as someone snoring next door or talking. So if you stay here don't stay on level 1! I asked to be moved to level 4 on the opposite side from the reception and was a lot quieter! As if your on level one you will hear even more such as everyone and anyone coming in and out drunk.

The entertainment was bingo at 9:30 every night. Then a show from 10-11.
Met some lovely people and made some good memories. Good for couples and families. The thompsons reps were there everyday all day and were
great! I would recommend this hotel.
The all inclusive good was basic but good and snacks by the pool from 11 :) happy days.
If you chose to go. Have a brilliant holiday :)

1 Thank RAB02
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just got home from this hotel yesterday after a eleven night stay with my twin boy's age 11. I had to admit after reading the reviews from previous weeks I was slightly apprehensive.I don't normally do this sort of thing, but I think it's important to let other people know.....we had a fantastic time, great food, lovely staff. The rooms are a bit basic but they are spotless! For a 3* hotel I would give it 9 out of 10. The Thompson reps were amazing, Liam Aiden Lee and Cat are a credit to Thompsons! If I could fault anything I would like to see the hotel in force a better dress code for the evening meal! Sadly some of the brits did let us down, not only with their dress code buty their manners to. Go and enjoy. ;-)

6 Thank Andovergirl01