Where does one start? Reception; impressive reception entrance, swiftly booked in. This was a second week following island cruise ( which was fab - couldn't fault!). Room, clean, towels - threadbare beds - no mattress protector, sheets thin never stayed in place, woke up several time a night trying to put sheet over mattress!!
Food - well let's put it this way, I wouldn't give to my dog! Slop on a plate, it was a case of trying to make a meal, Yorkshire pudding with no beef or roast potatoes, when beef was on more like leather - personally I would of like some 'Spanish food'. Perhaps we were spoilt on the cruise. My husband and I had booked a cruise with a stay after at this hotel to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary ... Now I know you will be reading this and say we our fussy - not at all, we met a couple on the cruise concerned about this hotel and food reviews, the hotel has been taken over 2013 reviews were brill hence we booked, we struggled to make a meal, and did eat out on several occasions. We spent 3 days trying to get out of this hotel, being half term we were only offered another hotel costing a further £700, bearing in mind we had already paid out £2200 and £300 on cruise trips to Thomson holidays!
All I can say if you want a chill out holiday with good (hot even) food do not go here, if you are booked try and change! Snacks, well if you like burger and chips and burger and chips you'll be okay! (I have to say the people tucking in were and obviously singing praises about the food bluntly were obese!)
The rep suggested as the room was ok to hire a car and use as a base - which we did, but hey this was suppose to be 'All inclusive'! Relaxing week - not!
Disappointed customer - would never go back (see web - Handpicked and returning customers!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 200 m. from the stunning beach of Santa Ponsa, the Viva Rey don Jaime hotel features a wide range of facilities for children such as games, animation programme, pool, playgroung and much more, which make this exclusive 4-star resort the ideal accommodation for some family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Zafiro Rey don Jaime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa
- Zafiro Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa, Majorca