We got back from holiday last Thursday (3rd July) after being very worried due to some of the poor reviews I read just before we went away.
Needless to say, hotel was great with a fantastic location just a couple of minutes walk from the white sandy beach (which was always clean) and calm sea fantastic for swimming.
There was a good selection of food to choose from - we were all inclusive. Wine was great (can sometimes be rubbish when abroad) and snack bar by the pool was very handy with tasty fresh rolls, burgers etc.
Hotel was clean and fresh but the room did let it down a bit - hence the 4 instead of 5. The beds were twin. Normally we would have used these as a double but they were different heights so this wouldn't work. Just a few improvements would make this hotel better - the sheets weren't changed during our stay and didn't seem to fit the beds properly (mattress was exposed most mornings after being asleep).
Pool is good too - a bit smaller than we expected but still very nice. Plenty of sun loungers with parasols.
Be prepared to spend a bit even if you are all inclusive - we paid for a safe (3 euros per day) and 3 days of wi-fi (15 euros for 3 days). We didn't bother with the fridge or kettle (also 3 euros each per day).
On the beach, you can hire 2 sunbeds and a parasol for 13.50 euros per day - we only did this once and used our beach towel the rest of the time (loads available from shops near by). We loved the pedalos 15 euros for 1 hour - brilliant.
A bit of advice - in the restaurant you need to walk to the back right hand corner to get drinks if all inclusive (took us a while to suss this out).
We don't like hotel entertainment so can't review that side. Was a bit noisy at first but only lasts 9.00pm - 11.30pm so easy to avoid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 200 m. from the stunning beach of Santa Ponsa, the Zafiro Rey don Jaime hotel features a wide range of facilities for children such as games, animation programme, pool, playgroung and much more, which make this exclusive 4-star resort the ideal accommodation for some family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Zafiro Rey don Jaime reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa
- Zafiro Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa, Majorca