“Banish all negatives”

Zafiro Rey don Jaime
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I don't know how people can have negatives about this hotel......obviously very picky who would complain about anything and their holiday wouldn't be complete without complaints......well I have been to this hotel 8 times and looking forward to the 9th :) the rooms are basic but who wants to spend all day in their rooms? The food is prepared excellently and although it can get repetitive there's always something new to try! The pool is of decent size and the hotel is always clean and tidy with staff always on hand to help with a smile on their face! Finally the entertainment team are fab despite some of the comments here....sure, at first, they may come across as hyper but isn't that what holidays are supposed to be about? Having fun and a laugh?! Once you get to know them and get involved you realise they're just a fab bunch of people! They all do an excellent job and if people critisise them then obviously it isn't the place for them and they prefer to be alone and miserable!
I have and will continent to recommend this hotel.....something for everyone to enjoy! Can't wait for visit number 9 in a few week :)

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Before travelling to this hotel I had read quite a few bad reviews on here and was slightly worried about what I was going to find. However, I am pleased to say that I disagree with all the bad comments I read.
The hotel was very modern and nicely decorated, the staff were always pleasant and it was exceptionally clean.
The food was nice and was always being replaced so it wasn't cold. After a ten day holiday it may get a bit repetitive but this is someting that you are aware of when booking half board. If people want to make their own choice about what they eat then half board isn't for them. Each night there was a chef with a fresh joint of meat which was really nicely cooked and if you wanted anything different for kids i.e pizzas or nuggets he would arrange these for you. This isn't widely advertised so just make sure you ask.
The entertainment staff are excellent and if anyone thinks they are hyperactive or annoying as I've seen people say on here, then they shouldn't stay at these type of hotels. These staff are standard types and have to be like that as its their job! They were always happy and willing to chat and knew the names of all the kids which was nice.
Overall I think it is a really good hotel and cannot find anything to slate. All I can say is if you are looking for nice holiday in a nice hotel then you wont go far wrong here.

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Upon entering the hotel we were mimediately welcomed and the reception staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very nice, clean and tidy with maids attending the room everyday. The food quality was excellent with plenty of variety and choice. There was always a large number of staff in the dining area keeping the food quality checked and always service with a smile, never struggled for a table and was never disappointed. Always greeted going into the diner by the manageress and the restaurant team were lined up to meet and greet you. The hotel was always kept clean. The pool and surrounding area were always immaculate and cleaned everyday. There was plenty of sunbeds to go around, we never had to fight for a space! The entertainment team are the best we have met on holiday and are the hotels biggest asset by far! Always plenty of games to take part in the day and the shows including bingo and quizzes were fabulous! Always a kids disco on in the evening and Rosh does loads of activities with the kids in the day to keep them occupied and mix with other children. Always in safe hands! Max, Oli, Rosh and team really made our holiday for us they really were brilliant. We have no complaints at all about any of our stay...infact very very sad to come home and already booking for next year 4 hours after landing! BIG THANKS TO MONICA the manageress who is doing a great job with the hotel. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! See you in 2011 Diana and Nigel

1  Thank diana2712roxy
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Having just returned from a 2 week stay on AI basis. I booked the hotel last year based on the excellent reviews it had on here. I was though a little concerned juts before we went as there were a couple of negative comments.
I had no reason to be concerned we had a superb 2 week holiday. The food was excellent with good choice at every meal, with the head chef personally offering to prepare pizza for my young son. May not seem a big deal, but remember we were on AI and there was a great selection of food available.
Entertainment team worked tirelessly and apart from bingo (which I personally cant stand) son wife and mother in law enjoyed it anyway. Every night different entertainment and good quality as well.
The hotel have adopted a long trousers policy for gentleman in teh dining room on evening. As I dint have any with me, only smart 3/4 length and very good quality evening shorts, they even bought me a pair of trousers to wear.
As I said to the GM of the hotel when asked if I had any issues with the hotel, I am sure I can find something but overall nothing but praise for the hotel in every capacity.
Book your holiday with confidence here and have a terrific time. Go AI best deal all round.

Reviewed 20 June 2010

right lets get rid the negatives, yes the hotel can be quite expensive for drinks etc. so switch to all inclusive, at 20 euro pppd. may sound a bit expensive but when you take in the daily cost of teas coffee etc. lunch wine with meals. at the end of our holiday we reacon we saved over two hundred pounds. the hotel is very clean. staff are cleaning all day long. the food is typical of a holiday hotel. breakfast lunch first class, dinner was ok. if you want a better range of food book into a five star hotel. the daily entertainment for the kids and adults is first class. nobody is forced in to doing anything they dont want to. the names of the entertainment staff, for those of you who cant remember is max,ollie,rosh. they all work very very hard, to make your holiday enjoyable. and if you let them, they will. bingo bongo sounds daft but it is very funny. i think that most of the people who have complaned about the rey don jamie, want a five star hotel without paying for it. to finish go and enjoy, dont expect somthing that you have not paid for. this was our first visit it wont be the last. bob burns.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2010

We stayed at this hotel in 2008 and wanted to book again for this year (2010). We always check Trip Advisor and I was horrified to read some of the reviews. It looks as though the hotel has changed hands (when we stayed it was part of the Marina Group) and become All Inclusive. If you, like me remember this hotel for it's great food , fantastic entertainment team and friendly bar staff you won't recognise the hotel from the recent reviews. Such a shame as this hotel was recommended to me by someone who stayed there many years ago. Seems like the new owners have spoilt it. It will be interesting to see if the hotel improves it's service over summer 2010.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2010

We found the hotel had gone downhill this year - the food was edible but very repetative at night - breakfast was good and great choice. The rooms have been refurbished, and I agree with an other review, there is no privacy as all the furniture have not drawers or doors. The reception staff and the cleaners were very pleasant but we found the staff in the restaurant could have been more pleasant.

A lot of the bars and shops have closed down and the resort looked a bit tired!!!

The entertainment team were excellent at organising games during the day and they put on great shows at night, although we went out most nights as the price of drinks was very expensive.

Think we will give somewhere else a try next year

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple