I took my parents and two teenage daughters for 5 days to this hotel, booked on the internet and hired car at airport. Hotel very easy to find in fairly quiet location but very close to beach and shops. Check in was prompt even though we arrived at 11 am our rooms were ready. We had requested quiet rooms and that is what we got - no particular view but not bothered about that. reception area can smell pretty vile but that is the only place we could smell 'the smell'. Strange really. Pool area lovely although very busy . Food by pool cheap and good choice although you don't need much when you have stuffed yourselves at breakfast. Food plentiful in restaurant with good choice for everyone.
Santa Ponsa is larger than I expected but the hotel is located in an area which suits families and couples. Nice walking out on an evening. We drove up to Soller from Andrax along the coastal road and round the mountains. Having never driven abraod before was slightly concerned but the roads are excellent and well signposted so no problem and well worth it for the views.
I have travelled all over the world and was expecting mosquitos by the bucketload after reading reviews. We saw two. take the plug in things for your room and spray on an evening and you should be fine.
All in all a really good base for our holiday. Would go again and great value for money. Don't know how our price paid compares to brochure pricing but you get what you pay for and if you are a snob you should put your hand in your pocket and go for a 5 star hotel rather than complain about a good 3 star!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within 200 m. from the stunning beach of Santa Ponsa, the Viva Rey don Jaime hotel features a wide range of facilities for children such as games, animation programme, pool, playgroung and much more, which make this exclusive 4-star resort the ideal accommodation for some family holidays in Majorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Viva Rey Don Jaime & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rey Don Jaime
- Rey Don Jaime Santa Ponsa
- Viva Rey Don Jaime & Spa Santa Ponsa, Majorca