“Pirates Village Santa Ponsa”
Review of Pirates VIllage

Pirates VIllage
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Santa Ponsa
Reviewed 16 July 2013

holiday spent a lot of money on outside and ground floor hope they upgrade bedrooms this year food was acceptable there was always something you could eat.
Kids club was great Jelly Welly and Jasmine were great .
If they upgrade bedrooms would definatly be back and it is just the beds the rest of room was fine .

1  Thank fionaisaac

Reviewed 16 July 2013

Overall the family had a great time, the children especially loved the pool area, plenty of slides & pools to suit all the family ages, there were plenty of activities going on all day & kiddies club more designed for the younger kids( but if your kids didn't go during the day, they tended not to bother with them in the evening at the kiddies disco) . So the pool area & the pirate attacks were a great plus & enjoyed by all

One of the big let down for us, where the staff, they were quite rude at times, & any little requiest seemed to be a hassle for them( like putting two tables together at meal time or ordering 2 cocktails at 11:50 duing happy hour, they refused & said wheren't doing any more, even though happy hour wasn't over till 12), they didn't like to accomate, preferred you to suit there way, & on our two week stay numerous people complained about the staff but they didn't really respond just said there was nothing they could do.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel gets sun on their balcony in the morning & the other in the evening so if...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Stayed in may with my two daughters and friend and loved it can't fault anything we went ai when we arrived and the food was lovely . Loved the shows staff very kind and helpful especially elvira and Paul can't wait to go back next year. Donna from Limerick Ireland

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank irirshgirl
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is the second time I have been here in the summer. It was SOOO good that I came back with my family and once again having a fantastic time - our best trip EVER!

The entertainment is great, every day is full with suprises and "wow-experience".
Have eating in the snack-bar and the food is delicous.

All the staff is amazing! So nice and kind, always ready to help.

As the saying goes "i will be back".

1  Thank Magdalena R
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The only reasons I couldn't give this place full marks is there is not a very good choice for dinner. I always managed to find something I could eat however my partner is fussy and they should have more selection for kids buffet. The stay in the hotel was comfy enough but the livingroom size in the picture looks a lot bigger than reality. Kitchen in livingroom is a big bonus even though we were all inclusive.

Kids love the pirate shows and the entertainment. The entertainment staff are so friendly and I would trust my kids to be left in the kids club there on our return visit next year. It was an exciting place to stay and have already recommended to family and friends. Great atmosphere as its very family orientated.

Room Tip: All rooms have a pool view :)
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Carol-Anne R
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is NOT a hotel, it is basically a furnished apartment. Hotels have daily maid service, which this place does not have. We got a maid coming in to make the beds and fold the towels every second day, but it was not cleaned. Many problems with this hotel. There is only ONE key per room, which means with 2 adults in the room we needed to coordinate where we would be at all times which is a big inconvenience. The first night we were there my husband went down to reception to ask for extra pillow since there were none in the room. He took the key with him as I wanted to lie down. Five minutes after he left I heard the key in the door and then pillows were thrown on me on the bed. I got up in shock to see that it was the maid. Then she walked out. I could not believe that a maid walked into my room at that hour of the night without knocking and had the nerve to throw the pillows. After complaining to 2 different receptionists, nothing was done about this. Is this a hotel? The 3rd day I was there, I asked a maid for extra towels to replace the ones in my room since they had not been changed, just folded and put back up, she told me there were none available. There were only enough for the rooms and no extras. HOW does a hotel run like this? I have never paid this much and not received proper service. The glasses we used in the room and left in the kitchen sink were just left there. Not washed, nothing. When I asked the receptionist about it, she said we need to clean it ourselves. With what I asked, there is no dishwashing liquid or soap of any kind. No answer, just a smile and then she walks away. ?!????!!! What is that? Are we supposed to buy for the room? Plus we have to have our own towels to use in the pool, you cannot use the room towels. How much extra are we supposed to be spending to stay in this so called hotel. The walls are paper thin, so everyone walking by talking can be heard inside, which is fine during the day. BUT at night when you are trying to sleep? I complained when I left, asked to speak to the manager (who was not there conveniently), I asked them to contact me which still has not happened. The only good thing I can say about this place is that the kids enjoyed the pool and entertainment. But if you want more than that, this is not the place for you. Besides the bad hotel and an experience with a bad restaurant, Delfino Indonesian food next to Marineland, Santa Ponsa, Mallorca is a great vacation to take with the family.

7  Thank Natasha S
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I agree with the last review, I went in June 2013, with my partner & 8yr old daughter & 3yr old son. I had no reviews to go on before booking last year & Im glad because I probably wouldnt have booked it otherwise given the comments here. The rooms are a little dated, but they were very clean, comfortable and very roomy. The maids came every couple of days to change towels/make the beds. The pool area was busy and my only complaint was being choked by smokers (sorry if you smoke). We always managed to get a bed, there were plenty available. The pools were fantastic and I hardly saw my 8 year old daughter! The kids club was run by a reliable, fun team who the children took to very well. Security was paramount too.

The restaurant did get busy at times but we were always able to find a table. There were queues but thats to be expected and there was a wide range of quality food available for everyone, including my extremely fussy daughter. She ate the most variety of food Ive ever seen, which suggests to me about the quality of the meals. Plenty of choice for breakfast, although more than 1 toast machine might have helped.

The children loved the pirate attacks twice a week and the mini disco and entertainment was mostly enjoyable. Plenty to do in the daytime with aqua gym, aqua zumba, yoga, water polo, etc although watch out for Robbie as he is quite competitive! :-)

Overall, we had nothing short of a fantastic holiday, Id love to return again and I probably will.

Thanks Pirates Village - youre doing a great job!

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room if possible as higher rooms are not so easy to get to.